Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Madness 2012

Default Re: Madness 2012

I'll be rocking my ska outfit for this. So, if anyone is downn be there at said time!!

II'll be there by the end of Girls. Let's do it.

I'm on a tightrope baby, nine miles high.

I'm committed to seeing Dawes first, but will hopefully catch the majority of the set
    Dede' Arneaux
    Come a long long, come a long long way

Lurker

So stoked for Madness, gonna miss the beginning of their set to catch Arctic Monkeys but skank-fest after sounds too good to pass up.

I loved their whole set. These guys are ageless. It was fun seeing the Hoff in the audience as well.

Everything I needed it to be. There was a guy dressed up like their Nightboat To Cairo video,

Madness was FUCKING AWESOMEEE!!!!
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

I need to leave them at 7.30 to get a half decent spot for Pulp, any chance they played House of Fun, Baggy Trousers, Our House of It Must Be Love in the first half of the set?

Yes, I know I'm a sucker for the hits

I don't know the song Baggy Trousers off the top of my head but they played the other 3 you mentioned.

Great set, great energy, ton of fun. Real pros.

One of the most energetic sets of the weekend by both Madness and the audience. Ear to ear smiles on every face up front and in the pits, couldn't have asked for a better set list either. Oh, they played Our House and It Must Love near the end, the other two you might okay, there's a good chance the set times may be perfect for weekend 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

This was really amazing, one of my favorite sets of the weekend. That big skank pit in front of the stage was so much fun.

I quite enjoyed it as well, though I really wish I could have seen these guys in their prime. Whole different vibe now.

But a big question, was anyone else incredibly distracted by the giant man woman with the big fu Manchu mustache and leopard print unitard and fur hat dancing off to the side of the stage? Who or what the hell was that?

I didn't see him during the set but he ended up on stage during the last couple songs, along with a couple of other guys. Not sure who those guys were.

Did anyone see the dude in the safari outfit in the skank pit? He was completely hammered and having a blast, he kept trying to push past me to talk to Hasselhoff and then immediately turning around and going back to the pit.

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    I didn't see him during the set but he ended up on stage during the last couple songs, along with a couple of other guys. Not sure who those guys were.

Did anyone see the dude in the safari outfit in the skank pit? He was completely hammered and having a blast, he kept trying to push past me to talk to Hasselhoff and then immediately turning around and going back to the pit.
    Yes, totally saw the safari hat guy in the pit, that was great. And I left during the closing number of MADNESS to get over to Pulp.

This set made my weekend! Everyone was dancing and they seemed completely humbled when they took the stage and looked out over the audience. Then blew the place up with the opening song! Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJ View Post
    I quite enjoyed it as well, though I really wish I could have seen these guys in their prime. Whole different vibe now.

But a big question, was anyone else incredibly distracted by the giant man woman with the big fu Manchu mustache and leopard print unitard and fur hat dancing off to the side of the stage? Who or what the hell was that?
    I saw him on Saturday as well in a pink jump suit passing something out to people. Have no idea who he was.

Does anyone know who this was on stage during Madness? At first I thought it was Sasha Baron Cohen from far away but now I'm convinced that it wasn't.

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Warpaint 10/27, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tegan & Sara 11/14, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

I totally saw that guy walk right by me on Friday!

without out a doubt the fucking weirdest shit I have ever seen. it was genuinely creepy as hell.

and Madness was so great! That skank pit was SOOO FUN

My son told me he's in some Silver Lake band. Says he see's him at shows all the time. Don't remember which band though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post

That guy knocked down and kicked my friend in the head in the pit. Didn't even help him up. kinda bullshit
    The Replacements --> The Knife --> Outkast

I'll give him a pass since he was wearing a safari outfit.

One of my favorite sets of the weekend
    Pure magic

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    I'll give him a pass since he was wearing a safari outfit.
    Might as well let the European colonization of Africa pass as well
    The Replacements --> The Knife --> Outkast

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJ View Post

I actually stumbled across some info about that guy when I was searching for some other pictures but I can't seem to find it now. But what I do remember is that that guy is in a band and he also competes in mustache competitions.

Also, that little girl on stage at the end was so cute. Total bawww moment for me.

The set was a lot of fun. I danced my ass off and it was so cool looking around and seeing everyone with huge smiles on their faces and dancing like crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.

ya madness kicked ass

Yes, totally saw the safari hat guy in the pit, that was great. And I left during the closing number of MADNESS to get over to Pulp.
    Lol that guy was only 2 ppl in front of us. So much fun during this set but I'm bummed I missed Night Boat to Cairo. However Pulp took precedence so we left during Our House.
    Random list of shows I'll never remember to edit

Kinda bummed that I missed everything after House of Fun, but a great spot for Pulp was totally worth it
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Exactly. I kept telling my bf "just one more just one more," before leaving for Pulp. Nevertheless, we got there at the perfect time.
    Random list of shows I'll never remember to edit

old school

I only saw a couple songs, but I also caught the Club Nokia show which was more or less the same set. Freaky russion guy in different coloured spandex also made an appearance.

Chella had a younger audience that jumped more, though Nokia did their share.