Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: PULP!!!!!!!

Default Re: PULP!!!!!!!

I never saw anything get thrown at Massive Attack, but I'm sure it happened. I think dude from Crowded House got hit with a bottle from Rage fans
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

That Massive Attack set is still one of my favorites... But on the bright side, it's true, The Black Keys' fans are not like Tool's and Rage Against the Machine's fans. I think the worst they'd do is chat through Pulp's set. They're not going to heckle.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

http://www.artinamericamagazine.com/...michael-clark/

Jarvis Cocker, lead singer of Pulp, will play live on the Whitney Museum's fourth floor, according to a source with knowledge of the event. The British musician will perform Apr. 5–8 with his side project, Relaxed Muscle, alongside Michael Clark's dance company, organized as part of the Whitney Biennial.

Cocker formed Relaxed Muscle in 2002, following Pulp's break up. He performs as "Darren Spooner," using a violent performance style and over-the-top goth costumes and make-up. The group has maintained a relatively low profile since their sole album release in 2003.
    wat
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Holy Fuck that sounds awesome!

So no word about a presale for the Fox show, right?
    No, don't, don't cut my hair, Ned loves my hair.

Tonight's setlist. It's a good one.

Do You Remember the First Time?
    Mis-Shapes
    Razzmatazz
    Something Changed
    Sorted for E's & Wizz
    I Spy
    The Birds In Your Garden
    Bad Cover Version
    Like a Friend

This Is Hardcore
    Sunrise
    Bar Italia
    Common People
    Encore:
    My Lighthouse
    (With Saskia Cocker)
    Babies
    Disco 2000
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Good set tonight - strings for This is Hardcore, Richard Hawley from Like A Friend onwards, My Lighthouse played for the first time in nearly 30 years. The show was faultless. The sound is always amazing in the Royal Albert Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Great shots. I need, need, NEED to hear Like a Friend in San Francisco.

I really hope that they play that at Coachella

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Nice user name. How was Electric Picnic?
    Thanks dude.

Electric Picnic was a life changing event. I was prepared to park myself 100 feet from the front at 2pm waiting for Pulp to come on at 1030pm. But The people there were so easy going that I was comfortable enough to leave my spot, get some booze (to keep warm), walk around, come back at 8pm and politely maneuver my way up to the front row right before Underworld.

My savings account is still recovering though...very slowly now that I am also going to Pomona and Kasabian in addition to Coachella.

LIKE A FRIEND, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Expectations have been raised. Damn!

Some solid representation from We Love Life for only a 16 song set. Like A Friend is pretty cool though I can't image they would play it at Coachella. It'll have to be at one of their own gigs, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    My Lighthouse played for the first time in nearly 30 years.
    My God! I'm beyond jealous...
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

http://www.shortlist.com/entertainme.../jarvis-cocker

Are there any new Pulp songs on the horizon?

It took us long enough to relearn the old songs, so we’ll have to see about that. But I’ve got ideas. I keep my little notebook, I’ve always got that with me [fishes a small notepad titled ‘Stuff + Nonsense’ from his jacket]. Hopefully there’s more stuff than nonsense in there.

Lurker

At this point, I don't care what they play. I'm just stoked that they are playing. It is a total miracle that I'll get to see them two days in a row.

Look for me...I'll be wearing a crochet halter top and a sky blue training bra.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    I'm looking forward to this band. Also, weren't Tool fans throwing coins at Massive Attack in 2006?

Worrying about Black Keys' fans is silly.
    hah all those fans are gonna be like who are these old people on stage!
    Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    Anything that's not Sahara tent trash is going to have a small crowd it seems like. I wandered over near the Sahara once all weekend and it was a clusterfuck of the douchiest looking people you could ever imagine.

I wonder what questions they will have for their intro, and how the intro will be done. And who will play violin on "Common People"

Quote Originally Posted by AViewFromMisShapes View Post
    At this point, I don't care what they play. I'm just stoked that they are playing. It is a total miracle that I'll get to see them two days in a row.

Look for me...I'll be wearing a crochet halter top and a sky blue training bra.
    Consider yourself already awkwardly stared at...

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Some solid representation from We Love Life for only a 16 song set. Like A Friend is pretty cool though I can't image they would play it at Coachella. It'll have to be at one of their own gigs, hopefully.
    Well, they did play it several times last year at festivals, although those may have been headlining sets. Also, now that I have a Pomona ticket, I'd prefer to see it there anyway, but I wouldn't absolutely rule it out for Coachella.

Since Boourns's vid is gone now, here's a whole slew of great ones from the other night:
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB92D86681A61810E

Besides the Royal Albert Hall gig, "Like a Friend" only surfaced at the two headlining shows in Australia and Glastonbury, which was a rather unusual festival setlist since it was a "we're playing a secret set for free because it's Glasto, so let's have fun with it" kind of deal.

I was listening to Metronomy in my Coachella research (they're pretty cool), and they have a song called "The Look" that has a keyboard kinda doing the chorus from "F.E.E.L.I.N.G.C.A.L.L.E.D.L.O.V.E." throughout the song.

Like, you can sing the chorus from the Pulp song over their song.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Like A Friend would be amazing at Coachella. I'd much prefer that than I Spy which seems to be a current festival staple.

Most of all I would like Help The Aged, they played it once last year in Greece at a festival... so there is about a 1% chance.

Like A Friend, Help The Aged or Live Bed Show. One of those would have me content. All of those would destroy me with mirth

The show in Greece wasn't a festival appearance, but a proper gig. I want all three in San Francisco, especially Like a Friend.

They've been mixing it up a lot more than I expected. Even Mile End got played a couple times.

I know I heard it at Primavera, but Pink Glove is too good of a song to fade away. Maybe they bring it back at one of the New York shows.
    Last edited by Boourns; 04-06-2012 at 08:53 AM.

Besides the Royal Albert Hall gig, "Like a Friend" only surfaced at the two headlining shows in Australia and Glastonbury, which was a rather unusual festival setlist since it was a "we're playing a secret set for free because it's Glasto, so let's have fun with it" kind of deal.
    Aw, damn, I thought it was more than that. Hope we get it in Pomona, at least!

hoping for 'Dishes' at the Pomona show. The "and the earth is where we are" going into the star picking solo and emotive finale "aren't you happy just to be alive?...got no cross to bare tonight". Such an incredible song (por favor, pretty please, etc).

Speaking of Jesus, good Good Friday all.

The show in Greece wasn't a festival appearance, but a proper gig. I want all three in San Francisco, especially Like a Friend.

They've been mixing it up a lot more than I expected. Even Mile End got played a couple times.

I know I heard it at Primavera, but Pink Glove is too good of a song to fade away. Maybe they bring it back at one of the New York shows.
    Ok then, a 0.1% chance

hey this common people song is pretty kewl

Am I the only one that prefers His N' Hers to Different Class?

Quote Originally Posted by lehorne View Post
    hoping for 'Dishes' at the Pomona show. The "and the earth is where we are" going into the star picking solo and emotive finale "aren't you happy just to be alive?...got no cross to bare tonight". Such an incredible song (por favor, pretty please, etc).

Speaking of Jesus, good Good Friday all.
    That would be my second choice behind "My Lighthouse"... that's a fantastic tune. "But I have the same initials" indeed.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
    Am I the only one that prefers His N' Hers to Different Class?
    Yes.