Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: PULP!!!!!!!

Default Re: PULP!!!!!!!

Will there be more than 100 board members there??

Either way I am there.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Closing the Outdoor with their own headlining set will be a must.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Would love to hear Lipgloss, not a chance though.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Closing the Outdoor with their own headlining set will be a must.
    Absolutely. Much better than seeing them as an opener on that main stage brodeo, but I doubt it.
    1/11 Tamaryn @ The Echo, 1/20 Elton John @ Caesars Palace, 2/14 Sparks @ The Ace, 2/17 Emmy the Great @ DC9 (?)

I'm guessing Sunset at Outdoor. Maybe up against Refused or Arctic Monkeys on the main. Would be great if they were up against the Black Keys, because then no Monkeys/Pulp conflict.

As far as a favorite Pulp lyric "I am not Jesus, but I have the same initials." That song also has the gem "I'd like to make your water wine, but that's impossible".

Quote Originally Posted by Sexecutioner View Post
    Damn that's an awesome crowd! I hope it's like that at Coachella. Somehow I doubt it though. Either way I can't wait to see these guys!
    Why would the crowd at Coachella not be awesome? I am sure Milla Kunis will be at the Pulp show.

As much as I would love an outdoor set I think they will be on the main stage before The Keys

My guess is AM -> Pulp -> Black Keys on the main, with Mazzy Star and Refused on the outdoor. Hopefully Mazzy Star and Pulp don't conflict... :[
    12/6: Japandroids/DIIV
    1/10: Mister Lies/Matthewdavid

Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    My guess is AM -> Pulp -> Black Keys on the main, with Mazzy Star and Refused on the outdoor. Hopefully Mazzy Star and Pulp don't conflict... :[
    Yep I think it will go AM> Pulp> Black Keys>SHM on the main with M83 and Mazzy Star conflicting with The Keys on The Outdoor and Refused closing that stage.

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    Yep I think it will go AM> Pulp> Black Keys>SHM on the main with M83 and Mazzy Star conflicting with The Keys on The Outdoor and Refused closing that stage.
    Pulp -> That outdoor stage lineup wouldn't even make me upset about missing Amon closing the Sahara against SHM. Oh man, that would be brilliant.

I need to hear this is hardcore. Twice.
    Anything is possible...

Also, closer to the weekend, we need to decide where all the hardcore Pulp fans are gonna set up. First or second pit, etc. We need to get everyone together so we can get our own slice of a European style crowd for this set.

Saw them at Reading and it was AWESOME. Can't wait for a repeat. Hope they get given a longer set or something!
    Lollapalooza 10, 11, 12, 13; Glastonbury 13; Reading/Leeds 11, 12; ACL 05, 07, 08, 10, 13 (x2); SXSW 07, 08, 11, 12, 13; Voodoo 10; Outside Lands 11

COACHELLA 2014 Weekend 2?

This would be amazing, and I quite possibly would have no conflicts. I could see Arctic Monkeys > Pulp on the main and then M83 > Mazzy Star on the outdoor and then the Sahara closer (I'm assuming Amon Tobin: ISAM).

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    stink - you're going this year? Can you please bring some of the beer you brought to Roo for me?
    It would probably be easier to just ship you some before the festival, which kind?

Ugh Friday is so unfairly stacked. I don't want to miss Refused, Pulp, Mazzy Star, Amon, or The Black Keys, but I know I will have to miss at least one.
    Last edited by stinkbutt; 01-13-2012 at 11:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

so fucking excited

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    The only other crowd I've ever seen that was like that was for Blur.

We need to meet up and form a group so at least our area will be bumping for their set.
    Can you make it to the front row?

Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    Can you make it to the front row?
    I'll try. If they're closing the outdoor, it would be easy, but if they're on the main, then that's not happening.

Too bad between-set crowds don't look more like this here (during the lengthy gap between M. Ward and Belle & Sebastian, the two acts on before Pulp at Primavera):
    1/11 Tamaryn @ The Echo, 1/20 Elton John @ Caesars Palace, 2/14 Sparks @ The Ace, 2/17 Emmy the Great @ DC9 (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    I'll try. If they're closing the outdoor, it would be easy, but if they're on the main, then that's not happening.

Too bad between-set crowds don't look more like this here (during the lengthy gap between M. Ward and Belle & Sebastian, the two acts on before Pulp at Primavera):
    Oh wow, I have NEVER seen that at Coachella, maybe at FYF early in the day.

I hope Pulp doesn't play the main. I got about 10 feet from the outdoor stage at PJ Harvey last year simply walking up after Chromeo finished. I also got crazy close for Pavement (even though they were on the main) just by fighting through the MGMT crowd on the outdoor and walking up after the prior band played. It sounds like Pulp crowd will be more dense than both of those, however.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/musi...coachella.html

One of the great, universal rock anthems of the last two decades — Pulp's “Common People” — bypassed the U.S. when it exploded out of England in 1995. But if and when a reunited Pulp plays the song at this year's Coachella Music and Arts Festival in Indio, Calif., its artful and catchy screed against the 1% couldn't be more timely.

At a moment when jobless kids are cracking open piggy banks and digging deep for a Coachella ticket to see 120-odd bands over one weekend at the Indio festival, Pulp seems the most relevant among veteran acts that also include Refused, Mazzy Star, At the Drive-In, Company Flow, Madness and Squeeze. But Pulp's arrival isn't the biggest name coming out of the desert's festival, which runs two consecutive weekends. This year's roster, which was announced Monday afternoon by promoter Goldenvoice, will feature Dr. Dre and Snoop, Radiohead and the Black Keys as headliners, while dozens of other acts will occupy the festival's five stages, including Grammy-nominated names such as Bon Iver, Florence and the Machine and David Guetta. An undercard includes dance, hip-hop and rock upstarts SBTRKT, M83, Azealia Banks and Feist.

Pulp's arrival at Coachella this year, however, typifies the festival, its ever-evolving and maturing aesthetic, and its place in the culture right now.

“Common People” is a lyrical conversation with a rich girl longing to slum it with the commoners. With bitterness in his voice, Pulp's Jarvis Cocker tells of her desire to “sing along with the common people,” then replies that she could never truly do that because inherited wealth blinds her to the realities of the paycheck-to-paycheck life. “You'll never get it right,” he sings, conjuring the spirit of both Ray Davies and Bob Dylan, “'cos when you're laid in bed at night/watching roaches climb the wall/if you call your dad, he could stop it all.”

The song's kicker, one of the most exuberant refrains in rock, is the reason why it has grown into a worldwide scream-along anthem and why — especially now — it has fans making mental notes on this year's Coachella schedule: “You'll never fail like common people/You'll never watch your life slide out of view/and dance and drink and screw/because there's nothing else to do.”

Cocker achieved more notoriety, though, in 1996 at the Brit Awards (the English equivalent of the Grammys), during an over-the-top Michael Jackson performance of “Earth Song” featuring dozens of dancers, risers, fog and a Jesus-like Jackson healing sick children. A fed-up Cocker pulled a Kanye West (long before, though) and jumped onstage, then turned his bum to the audience and deflated the pompousness of the king of pop's performance with what can best be described as a butt salute.

The Pulp singer was arrested (though never charged), Jackson was outraged and demanded an apology (but never got one), and Cocker became tabloid fodder in England (and a rock legend in the process).
    It's this spirit that's always generated the best moments in musical history, those times when stuff gets too overblown and artists unite under a banner of rebellion, be it Dr. Dre and Snoop thumbing their noses at the cops in the late '80s and early '90s while documenting the street culture that informed them; Radiohead following its collective muse away from the simple structures of post-grunge and the pressures of its record label; or Modeselektor crafting curiously strong German minimalist techno — rich with snarky humor.

Let's

No, don't, don't cut my hair, Ned loves my hair.

I'm embarrassed to say I just don't get Pulp. I want to; they're Britpop and all, but I just don't. I like that one song from the Trainspotting soundtrack ("Mile End"), but that's about it. You can try to convince me if you want, although my kids (who are coming with me this year) listened to some tracks, and they outright hate it.
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

You should be embarrassed.

Outdoor would be really cool, have a hard time not seeing them up before The Black Keys though.

I am embarrassed. I said so.
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

Quote Originally Posted by citizenerased View Post
    Outdoor would be really cool, have a hard time not seeing them up before The Black Keys though.
    Yeah, that Pulp set will be that extra special kind of high, and The Black Keys will be the brutal comedown. Well, for those that stick around, anyway
    Last edited by Boourns; 01-16-2012 at 02:42 PM.

Oh jesus, I just remembered "Monday Morning" exists. That was my first exposure to Pulp. I'd be criminal if they didn't play it.
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

And even though he's not my type, Jarvis is far sexier as a middle aged man than a young man. Hope for the awkward, right there.
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Oh jesus, I just remembered "Monday Morning" exists. That was my first exposure to Pulp. I'd be criminal if they didn't play it.
    They haven't played it at most of the reunion dates (just Slovakia and Brixton Academy).