Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: PULP!!!!!!!

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Default Re: PULP!!!!!!!

They are probably better live now than they were in their original day
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

Have to echo the previous comments about the Warfield show. Seriously one of the best I've ever been to.

Some of my favorite shows I got last night...

Last edited by HandBanana; 04-18-2012 at 09:31 AM.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    They are probably better live now than they were in their original day
    Pulp has evolved very much from the first time I saw them in the 80's. Not surprising given they have had over 30 band members. The settled line-up of today is very different from the early days. I saw them pre Candida Doyle and they were a mess live. Totally different band, you can't even compare them to the band today.

I meant more in their heyday of 96

Incredible show. Definitely one of the best I've ever seen. Either this or Primavera. Insane setlist full of surprises. Surprisingly rowdy crowd, at least at the front of the pit. Everything was delivered with more relevance and urgency than ever. Jarvis is still the top showman and the band sounded tighter than ever, even with the new members.

4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/19 Lykke Li @ The Theatre at Ace, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/18-22 Sled Island, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go

Took video of Like a Friend, Glory Days, My Lighthouse. Like a Friend turns into a total Blair Witch thing because we were jumping for that one. Not sure how the others turned out. The good thing about being up front is you can take video without having to spend the song looking at the screen instead of the stage...just hold it up to your chest, aim up, and hope for the best. So we'll see how those turned out.

I feel complete now that I've heard Like a Friend live for so many reasons. Ah.
    4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/19 Lykke Li @ The Theatre at Ace, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/18-22 Sled Island, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go

Soundcheck from last night: Acrylic afternoons (twice), pencil skirt, o.u., mile end, don't you want me anymore, this is hardcore, tv movie, dishes. glory days

Fuuuuuuuuuuuccckkkkkkk, Acrylic Afternoon, Like a Friend, Underwear, Glory Days, Party Hard and My Lighthouse!!!!!!!! Nice one, geezer!

Now there is no fucking way I'll be able to sleep tonight in anticipation of tomorrow. Please play Dishes, please play Dishes, please play Dishes.

Outstanding pics, fellas, would love to check out the vids, too, if you get a chance.
    No, don't, don't cut my hair, Ned loves my hair.

Have they been playing 'The Fear' very much? I was kind of surprised to hear that one at Coachella.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by zircona1 View Post
    Have they been playing 'The Fear' very much? I was kind of surprised to hear that one at Coachella.
    3 times last year, first time this year was at Coachella!

How was the crowd for PULP? did the crowd go ape shit during Common People?

The crowd was great - yes, they went nuts during Common People but had already been going nuts through most of the set. Surprisingly rowdy, dancing throughout, really really good vibe.

Great, that's what I wanted to hear. I wasn't sure how it was since I just saw it on the live webcast but now I am definitely going to be their on Weekend 2 getting my moves like Jarvis.

I was talking about the SF show, not Coachella -- that's what we've been talking about for the last page or so. I only saw the webcast for the Coachella show, and it looked really tame.

Oh alright, and shit, hopefully their set at Coachella this weekend resemble the San Francisco show.

Those are some great photos guys!

Yea nice pics all around. If they play Lipgloss tomorrow I'll be so insanely jealous of anyone there. Only complaint for the Radio City shows was that is was very heavy on Different Class. Between the two nights they played the entire album. Would kill to hear Wickerman and Pink Glove as well.

Quote Originally Posted by vosnos View Post
    Yea nice pics all around. If they play Lipgloss tomorrow I'll be so insanely jealous of anyone there. Only complaint for the Radio City shows was that is was very heavy on Different Class. Between the two nights they played the entire album. Would kill to hear Wickerman and Pink Glove as well.
    I agree. I was at the second Radio City show and while I thought it was awesome, I would have liked to hear more from This Is Hardcore. That's actually the one that made me a huge Pulp fan, though I now love Different Class as much.
    Last edited by musicfan66; 04-18-2012 at 12:35 PM.

Pulp was AMAZING.

The crowd SUCKED! I was standing behind the little divider thingy, so I was pretty close, but not against the rail close. The crowd was so lame and boring. When common people came on , I screamed at them and said you better dance and sing. The girl in front of me said "O my god I know why is no body dancing?"

I wish I had gone up closer, but I got there late and didnt want to be pushy.

Pulp was amazing, but I was very let down with the crowd. I was letting my hair down all weekend, and like to be around people who want to have a good time. Not sit there and stare. Yha I know Pulp's crowd is older, but that doesn't mean you have to act like it.

(Edit) Reading through this thread I am seeing the crowd up close was much better. UCK! I wish I pushed my way up there. SUch fail on my part. Glad you guys had a good time up there, wish I had joined!!!!
    Last edited by subby33; 04-18-2012 at 12:51 PM.

I was pretty up close, the crowd wasn't going nuts but they sang along to common people and a couple of other songs. There were this group of four guys to the right of me on the other side of the center divider that were jumping up and down and singing along to every song it was awesome.
    The White Stripes 9/18

I just talked to someone that saw pulp at primavera and coachella, and apparently the coachella crowd really underwhelmed by comparison. No dancing, insanity, but lots of inattention and bros. Bummer.

Let's fix that for friday. I will be encouraging all around me

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    I just talked to someone that saw pulp at primavera and coachella, and apparently the coachella crowd really underwhelmed by comparison. No dancing, insanity, but lots of inattention and bros. Bummer.
    This is why I'm beyond happy I'm goin tomorrow night.

Wish i could be in Pomona tomorrow. A few pictures from last Friday:

Bringing that English weather.

Damn, that last photo is pretty incredible.

Me gusta!

Wow, really nice stuff. Love that laser pic during E's and Wizz.

Fantastic photos, Ivankay, HandBanana and Boourns!

We were up pretty close - between the stage and the first barrier - and the crowd there was pretty good but not crazy. Singing along on several songs and some jumping around/dancing/general excitedness.

Hard to say which I liked better, their Coachella set or the first Radio City gig. Both were quite amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

I am thoroughly satisfied with my pulp experience. I've been wanting that for 15 years.

sf setlist was full of surprises. I would have like the fear since it was played at coachella, but oh well.

thank you pulp.