Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: PULP!!!!!!!

Default Re: PULP!!!!!!!

God Damn you Jarvis. After watching that Reading show I now have to shell out $600 to some douchebag on Stubhub. This is something I can't miss since I've been waiting since 1994 to see you fuckers and for the first time in 8 years I was shut out of tickets (spare me the you-shoulda-bought-presale bullshit, I know already). So, in closing, fuck you Jarvis, you owe me $600 and I will be there to collect whilst I dance my ass off to Disco 2000.
    Coachella 04, 05, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

Didn't know much about these guys until recently, but my eyes have been opened. All of the vids you guys have posted make their shows look ridiculously fun

This show will be a glaring mirror for a lot of us as we look around but guess what? It should matter to you!
    People will say " but aren't you the one with your razzmatazz!?" <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmontonian
    The Sahara's sole purpose these days is to serve as bro-filter.

Anyone else pissed that Black Keys got the headlining slot over these guys? Bastards.

7/27 Babymetal @ Fonda, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ The Ace, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater

@ work, paged "pulp line one" - more pre-occupied than previously imagined.....

This is fucking awesome. About time.
    "It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge"

SF in April 17, in case anyone missed it.
    7/27 Babymetal @ Fonda, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ The Ace, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater

Although their albums have been frequently played since I was exposed to them about three years ago, I have actually listened to Different Class at least once every day since the lineup came out. I'm so excited.

Was all excited to stay a week after Mangum in Oakland to go to the 4/17 show until I just saw a note about something on 4/14 I forgot to put on my calendar. Now I have to pray for an LA show along with everyone else down here. Hmph.

I never listened to Pulp very much until the lineup was released, but I am definitely sold now. Can't wait.
    The Replacements --> The Knife --> Outkast

Quote Originally Posted by lalalollipop View Post
    Anyone else pissed that Black Keys got the headlining slot over these guys? Bastards.
    Hell yeah I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    What sort of evil genius invents a cup of cake?
    Quote Originally Posted by anadin View Post
    Whatevs message boards are gay

http://www.radiocity.com/events/2012...usic-hall.html

Pulp has announced they will return to the U.S. this spring for the first time in more than a decade to play Coachella and a handful of U.S. shows including a stop in New York. The shows will involve all the original members of the band -- Nick Banks (drums), Jarvis Cocker (vocals, guitar), Candida Doyle (keyboards), Steve Mackey (bass), Russell Senior (violin, guitar) and Mark Webber (guitar) -- and they will be playing songs from all periods of their career.
    So I guess Russell is in, then.

Friend of mine scored Orchestra seats this morning to their Radio City show. I'm jealous. I hope they get at least a full hour at Coach if not more closing the Outdoor Stage.

Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Quote Originally Posted by crumbduck View Post
    Friend of mine scored Orchestra seats this morning to their Radio City show. I'm jealous. I hope they get at least a full hour at Coach if not more closing the Outdoor Stage.
    This would be ideal. Like the PJ Harvey slot from last year (but on Friday). I hope they are not on the main before the Black Keys.

Quote Originally Posted by KickerConspiracy View Post
    This would be ideal. Like the PJ Harvey slot from last year (but on Friday). I hope they are not on the main before the Black Keys.
    This seems the most logical.

old school

I think all NYC and SF pulp tickets sold out this morning.

Pulp circa 1983

I still have the CD single of Countdown (and O.U., i think).
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

It sucks... it looks like Pulp puts on such a fun show, but I really just can't get into them. I don't know... maybe I think the singer's voice is a little too boring for my tastes, and I just can't get into the 80's pop/synth thing.
    -Zach

Enjoy Metronomy and La Roux.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    Enjoy Metronomy and La Roux.
    Funny you chose both those names, as they are two of the names I'm still kind of iffy on. I'll probably see Metronomy, but La Roux is hardly a priority. Let me update my sig, haven't changed it much since the lineup first came out
    -Zach

Pulp is like this years Pavement. Over-hyped, bland and dull synthpop. full of loss. I would rather see william shattner play common people on loop for an hour then see this garbage
    Change the scheme! Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you'd be so kind.

Quote Originally Posted by phillthepill View Post
    Pulp is like this years Pavement. Over-hyped, bland and dull synthpop. full of loss. I would rather see william shattner play common people on loop for an hour then see this garbage
    I'd rather see William Shattner drown you in your bathtub.

Jarvis is going to put on a fucking show, that much is for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by phillthepill View Post
    then stay at home and take a bunch of ecstasy in your bathroom and shut the fuck up
    The Replacements --> The Knife --> Outkast

This is going to be fantastic!

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me