Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where's the underground electronic music? Where's the bass dome? Is there any hope?!

Unhappy Where's the underground electronic music? Where's the bass dome? Is there any hope?!

Anyone know anything about this?

I saw Zomby tweet that he might be at Coachella. He seems like a good bass dome act to me. Last year had so much good underground bass music...Ramadanman, Mount Kimbie, Joy Orbison. Please bring it back GV!!!!!

I can understand filling the Sahara with cheese to sell out both weekends but please give the real EDM fans another stage to go to.
    Last edited by bender; 01-12-2012 at 06:04 PM.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Default Re: Where's the underground electronic music? Where's the bass dome? Is there any ho

I think the Pure Filth thing is announced at a later time.

Default Re: Where's the underground electronic music? Where's the bass dome? Is there any ho

I don't get why they would wait until after the tickets go on sale/sell out though. I'm sure the rare underground acts that they would book for the Pure Filth thing is what convinces a lot of electronic music lovers to come out. This Sahara line up certainly isn't very convincing for actual EDM fans. Like is there anyone who goes to a lot of raves who hasn't had the chance to see most of these guys already? I mean a quarter of the Sahara headliners (Swedish House Mafia, Afrojack, David Guetta, & Kaskade) have even played Coachella already in just the last two years!

They're not promoting the bass music side of things correctly. At all.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut Up Forever Almost All of You.

SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    The artists that would be on that stage would have been on the lineup when it was released. I don't think they're going to bring back the stage this year unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    I think it's complete fucking bullshit to go from a year with Mount Kimbie, Ramadanman, Kode 9, Joy Orbison, and Goth Trad (not to mention all the dnb) to getting Datsik, Borgore, Flux Pavillion, and Doctor fucking P.
    2013 Wishlist:
    Joker - Matty G - Mala - Loefah - Darkside - Youngsta - Joe Nice - Biome - Burial - Compa - Pinch - Kryptic Minds - Zomby - Phaeleh - Skream (screw Benga) - Hatcha - Truth - Tunnidge - Lurka - Phace - Black Sun Empire - London Elektricity - A Tribe Called Quest

Afrojack, Guetta, Dada Life etc are so.... basic. They are everywhere, all the fucking time. As an Ultra regular for the past few years, I've been tired of these cheesy acts for a long time. Unfortunately, this music is only juat now getting mainstream attention in the US, so we're still gonna have the musically illiterate shitting their pants over Dada Life. I hate to be a music snob, but it's starting to piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    all of the dome artists were on the poster last year. unless they're reverted back to the pure filth stuff being a separate deal in which case yes, there is hope for a later reveal.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Last year the Pure Filth acts were on the poster. But, regardless of if/when they announce the artists on the stage Pure Filth mentioned they would be involved prior to the lineup being released and I have seen no such confirmation from Sam this year. Doubt it's happening.

I gave up hope for the dome's return when the lineup came out. The addition of a beer garden in the Terrace food court seals the deal. It's too bad. I felt that having a stage dedicated to actual bass music and more forward thinking sounds allowed me to enjoy some good tunes amongst a chill crowd last year. Talk about a disappointing EDM lineup.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    Last year the Pure Filth acts were on the poster. But, regardless of if/when they announce the artists on the stage Pure Filth mentioned they would be involved prior to the lineup being released and I have seen no such confirmation from Sam this year. Doubt it's happening.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    I think he's talking about the stage.
    I think it's complete fucking bullshit to go from a year with Mount Kimbie, Ramadanman, Kode 9, Joy Orbison, and Goth Trad (not to mention all the dnb) to getting Datsik, Borgore, Flux Pavillion, and Doctor fucking P.
    2013 Wishlist:
    Joker - Matty G - Mala - Loefah - Darkside - Youngsta - Joe Nice - Biome - Burial - Compa - Pinch - Kryptic Minds - Zomby - Phaeleh - Skream (screw Benga) - Hatcha - Truth - Tunnidge - Lurka - Phace - Black Sun Empire - London Elektricity - A Tribe Called Quest

I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.

If I had more room in my sig, I would sig this. Well said...
    2013 Wishlist:

TRUTH

Quote Originally Posted by OnRepeating View Post
    If I had more room in my sig, I would sig this. Well said...
    Good choice. It's necessary that the entire board knows what shows you're attending and your wishlist for a festival that already announced its lineup. Keep the long intrusive sig.

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Good choice. It's necessary that the entire board knows what shows you're attending and your wishlist for a festival that already announced its lineup. Keep the long intrusive sig.
    Glad we can agree on something... You can go back to lurking now.
    2013 Wishlist:

Where did you read they will have a new beer gardens in the Terrace this year? Don't they need music to be played for the beer gardens? The bass dome provided the music for the whole terrace food area last year. If that's not there then you just get clashing bleed from a bunch of different stages.

lowfront

Good Electronic Music?

Not anymore coachella 2012

I feel like there being about 30 less artists on the line up means it's highly likely there will be some more adds.

Quote Originally Posted by with_cheese View Post
    I feel like there being about 30 less artists on the line up means it's highly likely there will be some more adds.
    GV spent their budget on Guetta, SHM and all those other big name, generic cheesedicks all the kiddos want to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Coachella isn't into techno, apparently.

Coachella isn't into techno, apparently.
    This. Really makes me sad... I've never felt as depressed about Coachella as I do/did when this year's lineup dropped. LOL WUT? It's like an Insomniac lineup, only it's 10 times worse...

Coachella Weekend #1

I agree, this is depressing.
    Years Attended:

Coachella Junkie

like it was said in the other thead, we have a Lolla EDM lineup.

Which is about as depressing as it can get.

Default Where's the underground electronic music? Where's the bass dome? Is there any hope?

Coachella used to be my only hope of seeing rare underground European dance music without actually going to Europe. Now my life has no hope. It's so depressing. Maybe I should just skip this year and start saving for a Euro trip. There's so many good dance festivals over there.

This is probably the one I would go to:
    http://www.hideoutfestival.com/

Last year's line up:
    http://uk.tilllate.com/en/news/hideo...line-up-update

If you think it's bad this year... Imagine how awful next year is going to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sensuality View Post
    If you think it's bad this year... Imagine how awful next year is going to be.
    If there's no repeats, I don't see how it could get any worse. Literally

Quote Originally Posted by with_cheese View Post
    At least 10 acts played the dome each day last year, so them not being on the poster is an easy explanation of why this is the case. No major adds will come.

there are some nice events happening in cities across the us in lieu of blowchella 2012.

Wish there was some nice electronic their to go with a pretty stellar alternative/indie lineup.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by bender View Post
    Where did you read they will have a new beer gardens in the Terrace this year? Don't they need music to be played for the beer gardens? The bass dome provided the music for the whole terrace food area last year. If that's not there then you just get clashing bleed from a bunch of different stages.
    http://www.coachella.com/festival-in...-and-beverages

THE TERRACE

The centrally located food & beverage area known as the Terrace has expanded to include a beer garden!!