Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KENDRICK LAMAR

Default Re: KENDRICK LAMAR

K.Dot's verse in The City is sick too!

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Kendrick Lamar’s first single off his Aftermath debut album premieres on Monday, April 2nd. The song is called ‘The Recipe’ and is produced by Dr. Dre.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

First live performance at Coachella hopefully!

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Kendrick Lamar’s first single off his Aftermath debut album premieres on Monday, April 2nd. The song is called ‘The Recipe’ and is produced by Dr. Dre.
    Excited!

Also what Kendrick mixtapes do you guys recommend? I've only heard Section.80 and Overly Dedicated. I want more.

He'll probably play Cartoons and Cereal too. I could also see Schoolboy Q showing up this weekend for him and A$AP.

BUMP!!

High hopes for his set!!

^^^ The 3 Ws

Dope.

^ We got the 3'gs round here.

Girls, Guns, and Grow.

holy shit, the recipe is so good. kendrick is now my most anticipated friday act.

Quote Originally Posted by fistacuffs View Post
    He'll probably play Cartoons and Cereal too. I could also see Schoolboy Q showing up this weekend for him and A$AP.
    Schoolboy showed up to the Danny Brown show last month to literally smoke a blunt onstage for about 30 seconds. I'd be shocked if he didn't show up to support his Black Hippy brethren (wouldn't surprise me if Ab Soul & Jay Rock showed up too). Really hoping he pops up with A$AP as well though. Their two tracks are fire.

Quote Originally Posted by PointBlank View Post
    Schoolboy showed up to the Danny Brown show last month to literally smoke a blunt onstage for about 30 seconds. I'd be shocked if he didn't show up to support his Black Hippy brethren (wouldn't surprise me if Ab Soul & Jay Rock showed up too). Really hoping he pops up with A$AP as well though. Their two tracks are fire.
    Someone already posted Schoolboy Q's schedule, he'll be performing elsewhere during Coachella so unfortunately it looks like he won't make it. He's gonna do mostly Section.80 and Jay Rock isn't on the album but Ab Soul could make an appearance though.

Also, "The Recipe" is just OK. I'm a huge Kendrick Lamar fan, the beat is pretty dec but the verses and overall concept of the song are not amongst Kendrick's best.

As I've been finishing my research on the lower tiers, Section.80 was one of the few albums that I never skipped through or ignored. I'll be keeping an eye out for where he is on the set-times.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by TheMagnanimous View Post
    Someone already posted Schoolboy Q's schedule, he'll be performing elsewhere during Coachella so unfortunately it looks like he won't make it. He's gonna do mostly Section.80 and Jay Rock isn't on the album but Ab Soul could make an appearance though.

Also, "The Recipe" is just OK. I'm a huge Kendrick Lamar fan, the beat is pretty dec but the verses and overall concept of the song are not amongst Kendrick's best.
    Schoolboy's tour doesn't start until 4/20, so he could be there Weekend 1. And if he doesn't come, Ab Soul's probably not either, as he's opening for Schoolboy.

Quote Originally Posted by PointBlank View Post
    Schoolboy's tour doesn't start until 4/20, so he could be there Weekend 1. And if he doesn't come, Ab Soul's probably not either, as he's opening for Schoolboy.
    My bad I'm going to weekend 2 so I forgot, you're right good chance he's at weekend 1 considering he has two songs with ASAP Rocky too. I don't think Ab-Soul is likely but you never know. I went to a Kendrick show in LA and he didn't bring anyone else from Black Hippy. He basically did "Michael Jordan" and maybe one other song from OD and then like 8 songs from Section 80.

Kendrick destroys this beat. I'm always left shaking my head in amazement after listening to this shit

Jay Electronica 2011

"The Recipe" is definitely growing on me and the beat will sound amazing live at Coachella. If only Kendrick and Dre were on the same day we could dream of them performing it live.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMagnanimous View Post
    "The Recipe" is definitely growing on me and the beat will sound amazing live at Coachella. If only Kendrick and Dre were on the same day we could dream of them performing it live.
    of kendrick could skip this song on his set, and come out and play it with dre on sunday.
    Can I Be The Rap Headliner?

Quote Originally Posted by geonotgio View Post
    i love haters though. keep em coming!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by geonotgio View Post
    You're getting overly confident behind that keyboard clown.

Quote Originally Posted by The Creeper View Post
    of kendrick could skip this song on his set, and come out and play it with dre on sunday.
    this ^

Quote Originally Posted by The Creeper View Post
    Nope, I checked out Kendrick's tour schedule. he's pretty much in and out both weekends, he has tour dates in Europe and elsewhere when Dre will be performing.

Coachella Junkie

Got fucked.

THE worst slot they could've given him. Gonna have to leave early to see Yuck, too. What a bummer.
    12/6: Japandroids/DIIV
    1/10: Mister Lies/Matthewdavid

why the fuck does Coachella always insist on putting rappers on the main stage during the day? fuckin derp

I don't think I'm even going to check him out anymore. I really want to see Kendrick live but a main stage Coachella set is going to be so lackluster in comparison to seeing him in a more intimate setting. Oh well, I was really looking forward to it.

Coachella Junkie

They need all that room for the Airplane Boys, an act nobody fucking cares about, to open for Company Flow.

Luckily this year it's going to be perfect outside instead of blistering hot for the outdoor stages.

I'm happy he is where he is. It's not the perfect setting, but it doesn't conflict with anything I want to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Yeah this was disappointing to see. He's still one of my most anticipated acts and I will not miss him, just wish he was in a tent.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    I'm happy he is where he is. It's not the perfect setting, but it doesn't conflict with anything I want to see.
    This. And good to have one of my most anticipated sets of the weekend early on. Will get me pumped sooner.
    Friday: Outkast, The Knife, The Replacements, Broken Bells, Girl Talk, Haim, Bryan Ferry
    Saturday: Lorde, Empire of the Sun, Fatboy Slim, Nas, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, CHVRCHES, Mogwai, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, The Internet
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Neutral Milk Hotel, Disclosure, Chance the Rapper, Starfucker, Superchunk, Poolside
    ----
    Robert DeLong - The Independent - Jan 28
    Mad Caddies - Slim's - Feb 8
    St. Vincent - Fox Theatre - March 22

Yeahhhhh I wish he was in a tent. But eh whatever, at least it isn't hot like other have said. I'm gonna just get super close to Main Stage for this set.

Did anyone see him at Paid Dues? I heard he put on a great performance, and had a "crowd of a few thousand" . I was hoping he was in a tent at night too but he's a good fit for main stage.