Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: At The Drive-In Reunited!

Default Re: At The Drive-In Reunited!

Im sure they'll open for Dre & Snoop @ the main stage. Who else could open up for them? Florence & The Machine??

Quote Originally Posted by KidRobot View Post
    They are the second highest billed act on Sunday. A daytime set is not going to happen.
    True, I guess I was just hoping to catch them without a bunch of conflicts, but it doesn't look like that'll happen.

Rerelease of Vaya the day before they play. So awesome.

Any bets on whether weekend 1 will be their first show, or they'll show up somewhere beforehand?
    12/6: Japandroids/DIIV
    1/10: Mister Lies/Matthewdavid

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

if they had done anything they would've played sxsw. so i imagine that coachella will be the first show.

November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    January 31 - Mayhem/Watain

Yeah, they're from El Paso so it would have made sense. I'm kinda surprised they didn't show up to be honest.

Jim is part owner of a venue in El Paso. Sparta did a reunion show there and I'd be surprised if ATDI don't do one before Coachy.

Guess what epic bros. They're not gonna be fuckin tame for this show. The Omar thing last year was his solo stuff which always has a super weird vibe. If you've gone to any TMV shows in recent history they've always unleashed the fury, and those songs simply do not have the same energy as ATD-I. Is it even possible to have a mellow ATD-I set? GTFO. I'm expecting Cedric to jump on shit and do his crazy dancey dance where he spins the microphone all over the place and I expect Omar to be a crazy man on the guitar.

I have expectations.

Weezy, you are right. What makes anyone think ATDI would tone down their act?

Quote Originally Posted by Interwebz View Post
    Jim is part owner of a venue in El Paso. Sparta did a reunion show there and I'd be surprised if ATDI don't do one before Coachy.
    I recently saw of Montreal at that venue (it's called Tricky Falls). I am from El Paso.

El Paso has this music festival that started last year, which Omar Rodriguez-Lopez headlined, and is happening this year, but ATDI aren't going to play it (Sparta is headlining). I think if they were going to play El Paso anytime soon, it would have been at the festival. They'll probably do their first show at Coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

ATDI's music is so unique - the blends of harmony and dissonance, and the rhythms - Mars Volta's catalogue doesn't hold a candle. So pumped for this, imagine it will be a slightly less crowded but equally epic version of RATM '07, minus the terrible political ramblings.

I would say Refused is more akin to RATM, but yeah.

I doubt they will do a warm up show. This is a straight up money grab. They are only on stage together for the right price. Heard a rumor that they will be doing new songs off the new TMV record as well to help promote the new record...

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    I would say Refused is more akin to RATM, but yeah.

Yeah, I was more referring to the energy level, which was out of control in '07. I remember literally standing on other guys' feet, that shit was so crowded.

I am a little sad that I won't get to see their first reunion show - this 2nd weekend nonsense . . .

Quote Originally Posted by brownbuffalo View Post
    Heard a rumor that they will be doing new songs off the new TMV record as well to help promote the new record...
    Ummmmmmmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by dancinginthedesert View Post
    ATDI's music is so unique - the blends of harmony and dissonance, and the rhythms - Mars Volta's catalogue doesn't hold a candle. So pumped for this, imagine it will be a slightly less crowded but equally epic version of RATM '07, minus the terrible political ramblings.

Well, I feel that De-Loused in the Comatorium was the evolution of what ATDI did in Relationship of Command. I love those two albums.

But everything else that the Mars Volta did was not up to par with ATDI, although I feel it's not really fair to compare the two bands.

OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

I doubt they will do a warm up show. This is a straight up money grab. They are only on stage together for the right price. Heard a rumor that they will be doing new songs off the new TMV record as well to help promote the new record...
    I will cut a bitch if that happens. Unlikely it will, though.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

I couldn't be more enthusiasmic for the return of the only thing that has ever mattered............... augh.....

no way they play TMV shit... rest of ATDI wouldn't know/want to play the songs

Why the hell would a bunch of guys not from TMV agree to rehearse and perform songs from that bands new album? And why the hell would a bunch of guys from TMV ask them too when they will be touring this record with that actual band in the near future? A bit counterproductive and a pretty silly rumor at that.
    "It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge"

IF they play Rolodex Propaganda I hope Iggy Pop comes out for the chorus. That would be fucking great. Manuscript Replica!!!

Vaya is a great album

*EP

I am so fucking pumped for this set. Been listening to Relationship all week.

Also: I have half a mind to start a "What the hell are ATDI talking about?" thread just to watch people try to get all deep. For real though. "this syringe is full of bait and tackle / try to catch us I'd you can / HAVE TICKET WILL TRAVEL!!"

lolwut
    1 Coachella before I got sober, 7 since. I support both versions. If you wanna do the sober version, roll with us:
    Click Soberchella 2013 for meeting details
    -------------------------------

Actually, wait, that sounds pretty much about heroin.
    1 Coachella before I got sober, 7 since. I support both versions. If you wanna do the sober version, roll with us:

Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    I am so fucking pumped for this set. Been listening to Relationship all week.

Also: I have half a mind to start a "What the hell are ATDI talking about?" thread just to watch people try to get all deep. For real though. "this syringe is full of bait and tackle / try to catch us I'd you can / HAVE TICKET WILL TRAVEL!!"

lolwut
    I think you're mixing up your songs

I mean, yeah. Probably. Yeah I am.
    Oops. Does this horribly change the meaning of either the song or my original point though? haha

Everyone post your favourite misheard lyrics

We steamrolled past salami
    Did you trip on your shoelace untied?
    It's in the past
    And now we toast

ALL WE ARE ARE FAILED ATTEMPTS
    IMPAIRED TO STOP THE RESIDENTS
    12/6: Japandroids/DIIV
    1/10: Mister Lies/Matthewdavid

HAVE YOU EVER TASTED SKIN?
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor