Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Godspeed You! Black Emperor...

Default Re: Godspeed You! Black Emperor...

I can't see Godspeed conflicting with Radiohead - I'm thinking Radiohead plays from about 9:30-11:30 and Godspeed closes the Gobi beginning at 11:45 - but if they do clash, seeing Godspeed is a no-brainer for me. Radiohead is fantastic live but they lose some of their magic in a festival crowd with people around you chit-chatting and clapping along with the songs. They belong in a theatre.

Why don't you believe Radiohead closes the main stage?

Quote Originally Posted by citizenerased View Post
    The only reason they wouldn't close out until 1 is if somebody went on after them, and I don't see David Guetta getting that slot. . .

I'm telling you guys, Godspeed. Make it happen, Goldenvoice.
    To Supre:
    Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Isn't there some awful hardcore band you should be listening to?

Quote Originally Posted by citizenerased View Post
    Guetta

Edit: if Tiesto could do it in '07, Guetta could this year. Goldenvoice loves to close Saturday with the cheese.
    Last edited by butitdidhappen; 01-19-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by butitdidhappen View Post
    Guetta

Edit: if Tiesto could do it in '07, Guetta could this year. Goldenvoice loves to close Saturday with the cheese.
    So then is Kaskade going to close out the Sahara?
    To Supre:

Quote Originally Posted by ZachTheEskimo View Post
    So then is Kaskade going to close out the Sahara?
    Seems reasonable.

The only reason they wouldn't close out until 1 is if somebody went on after them, and I don't see David Guetta getting that slot. . .

I'm telling you guys, Godspeed. Make it happen, Goldenvoice.
    This would be awesome. I wouldn't have to worry about missing on GY!BE that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Seems reasonable.
    Guess I'm more out of touch with EDM than I thought. Where has he played recently? I don't feel like he has a big enough draw.
    To Supre:

Guess I'm more out of touch with EDM than I thought. Where has he played recently? I don't feel like he has a big enough draw.
    Honestly you're asking the wrong person - I don't know the scene well enough. But just based on his slot in '10 in combination with where he's being billed, I just think that closing the Sahara may be what he ends up doing. Which says something about the Sahara this year, but I digress.

Honestly you're asking the wrong person - I don't know the scene well enough. But just based on his slot in '10 in combination with where he's being billed, I just think that closing the Sahara may be what he ends up doing. Which says something about the Sahara this year, but I digress.
    I don't know, I just don't see it happening. If Guetta doesn't close out the Sahara, I don't think there's anything comparable to close it out.
    To Supre:

Kaskade headlined that terrible Identity tour last summer, as far as corny house goes he's up there

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    Kaskade headlined that terrible Identity tour last summer, as far as corny house goes he's up there
    Wasn't this the festival that sold absolutely no tickets and did horribly?
    To Supre:

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    I forgot who suggested starting the day with them, but that seems like one of the best ideas.
    I did... and got laughed at. Start them at noon in the mojave, close all the sides and let em play for 2 hours... it would block out a good portion of the Sahara noisebleed and their visuals could still work.

If that doesn't happen, im guessings Frank's idea of them playing in the Gobi inbetween Magnum and Radiohead is the most plausible.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

0% chance that Kaskade & Guetta conflict.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Stop talking about the Sahara/EDM lineup in the Godspeed thread. Please.
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I did... and got laughed at. Start them at noon in the mojave, close all the sides and let em play for 2 hours... it would block out a good portion of the Sahara noisebleed and their visuals could still work.

If that doesn't happen, im guessings Frank's idea of them playing in the Gobi inbetween Magnum and Radiohead is the most plausible.
    There isn't a chance of this happening, but I kind of like the idea....

Quote Originally Posted by nosurprises12 View Post
    Stop talking about the Sahara/EDM lineup in the Godspeed thread. Please.
    It was with good reason!
    To Supre:

Quote Originally Posted by PulpAffliction View Post
    There isn't a chance of this happening, but I kind of like the idea....
    Ehy not? It happened at ATP UK's I'll Be Your Mirror. In fact, the event organizers said they were only able to get Godspeed to sign on if they were able to open up the festival. They said the reasons were the Godspeed wanted enough time to soundcheck and they wanted it to be reasonably quiet during their set. Yes, I realize that festival was indoors... but realistically, Godspeed probably need around an hour to soundcheck and Im not sure Goldenvoice would give that to them in the middle of the night. So, having them open the Mojave would make sense. Plus, this way it might give them 2 hours.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Here's hoping Godspeed insisted on the same deal. I'm really curious how Mangum's set is gonna work, you could hear a pin drop at ATP.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Godspeed is not playing the Gobi at noon...no fucking way.

I mean if Godspeed really needed an hour before hand to set up and soundcheck (which I don't think they will, a lot of that can be taken care of earlier in the day and such), then playing at night could still work.....GV could have Radiohead play the main from like 9-11, and during that time have the Gobi shut down while GYBE sets up....then RH ends, GYBE starts up to finish the night off (I don't think anyone would be on the main after RH in this scenario - think 04, when RH closed the main earlier, and Kraftwerk started up in the Sahara)...hell RH are fans of GYBE, they might end their set early to catch them as well

I really don't see Godspeed in the Gobi
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Hmmm. This is going to be interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

Plus, this way it might give them 2 hours.
    Well, when you put it that way... SOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Godspeed is not playing the Gobi at noon...no fucking way.
    I did say Mojave at noon. Im not saying its going to happen, it is just a possibility. That way it avoids possible conflicts with Jeff Magnum and Radiohead AND it avoids shuttding down stages oposite Godspeed AND shutting down the stage to give Godspeed their 1 hour+/- soundcheck.

I did say Mojave at noon. Im not saying its going to happen, it is just a possibility. That way it avoids possible conflicts with Jeff Magnum and Radiohead AND it avoids shuttding down stages oposite Godspeed AND shutting down the stage to give Godspeed their 1 hour+/- soundcheck.
    This is the new Paul T we are talking to here. ''Lets think of ridiculous stage logistics for bands that are billed high to have them play at noon!!!!!''

BTW, you are one of 75,000 people attending, they are not just going to do WHAT YOU WANT, TO JUST MAKE YOU HAPPY.

Why can't Madness be the same day as Godspeed and conflict? That wouldve been the day.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    I mean if Godspeed really needed an hour before hand to set up and soundcheck (which I don't think they will, a lot of that can be taken care of earlier in the day and such), then playing at night could still work.....GV could have Radiohead play the main from like 9-11, and during that time have the Gobi shut down while GYBE sets up....then RH ends, GYBE starts up to finish the night off (I don't think anyone would be on the main after RH in this scenario - think 04, when RH closed the main earlier, and Kraftwerk started up in the Sahara)...hell RH are fans of GYBE, they might end their set early to catch them as well

Look, somebody thinking the right way. Oh, dont forget, Saturday has the 1am ending. You could have RH end just before midnight and have Godspeed close somewhere else. You need to remember the only reason RH went early in 04 was due to Wilco cancelling, so they pretty much just made main stage a shorter day.
    Last edited by suprefan; 01-20-2012 at 12:58 PM.

Yeah Josh, count your lucky stars Madness and Godspeed aren't conflicting!

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    This is the new Paul T we are talking to here. ''Lets think of ridiculous stage logistics for bands that are billed high to have them play at noon!!!!!''

BTW, you are one of 75,000 people attending, they are not just going to do WHAT YOU WANT, TO JUST MAKE YOU HAPPY.

Why can't Madness be the same day as Godspeed and conflict? That wouldve been the day.
    Dude. Did you even read what I said? I said at ATP's I'll Be Your Mirror UK, the only way they could get Godspeed to commit, was if they were put in the small room and start basically when doors open so that a) they could have their soundcheck finished on time and b) so they would have minimal soundbleed from the surrounding stages. By the way, Godspeed was billed THIRD for that day, and still started at noon.

If you look at ATP's Nighmare Before Christmas 2010, which Godspeed curated, on two of the days Godspeed were given TWO HOURS to soundcheck. Two hours.

I don't care what time they play. I will be there no matter what. I was just suggesting this as a possibility because it would solve a lot of logistical problems. And it is not ridiculous because, as I mentioned before, these are the guarantees ATP has had to make to them before. My logic is sound. Or maybe they will play the Gobi at night, thats a good and plausible suggestion too. I just don't know what in your delusional mind caused you to think I came up with this scenario to make ME and ONLY ME happy.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Yeah Josh, count your lucky stars Madness and Godspeed aren't conflicting!
    Jeeze Dave, when you put it that way, I should consider myself lucky! I mean, if supre was booking the festival he for SURE would have put Madness and Godspeed on the same day and ENSURED they conflict. I am only ONE of 75,000 attendees, but he would have gone out of his way to make sure I was miserable. I sure am a lucky guy that is not the case.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Look, somebody thinking the right way. Oh, dont forget, Saturday has the 1am ending. You could have RH end just before midnight and have Godspeed close somewhere else. You need to remember the only reason RH went early in 04 was due to Wilco cancelling, so they pretty much just made main stage a shorter day.
    I'm sure Kraftwerk had nothing to do with it.

They should play on the main before Radiohead.

Fuck y'all.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater