Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: JUST WAIT TIL YOU SEE WHAT THEY DO WITH DAVE GUETTA

Default Re: JUST WAIT TIL YOU SEE WHAT THEY DO WITH DAVE GUETTA

It ain't much if it ain't dutch.

I think it's a pretty damn good lineup. Yes, the Sahara blows. But really, aside from Sasha last year, what Sahara set was really that memorable?? I'll still be running around having a ball this year because the rest of the lineup is great.

At The Drive-In. Mazzy Star. Madness. Refused. GY!BE. Pulp. DJ Shadow. M83. Radiohead. The Black Angels. Squeeze. The Growlers. The Rapture. Flying Lotus. Buzzcocks. The Weeknd. Modeselektor. Dre and Dogg. The Sheepdogs. The Black Keys. Florence and the Machine (sorry, i'm a sucker, i know that's not credible, but )i just love that band, super lame, i know, so are run on sentences that aren't really sentences).

You know what might actually happen as a result of this Sahara lineup???
    The kids might get bored. I don't know if there is enough molly and fist pumping to last through 25 of the same exact sets. I remember the Sahara in 2007. Mstrkrft, Justice, LCD Soundsystem and the Rapture all played in the tent the same night. And a know what? People had a fucking ball. I think in large part because of the diversity of those bands. It kept the stage interesting. I remember there being a steady debate about who was the best set at the end of the Sahara in 2008 between Aphex Twin, Pendulum and Fatboy Slim. Who cares who was right, there was diversity and people loved the musical change. In 2010, a lot of friends i have went to deadmou5 and said it was awesome. Fine, whatever. But they also went to go see Orbital and said they enjoyed Orbital more.

The point???? Diversity. Yes, the Sahara tent plays dance music. But it succeeds when it plays varying types of dance music. I think (most likely, wishfully thinking) that people will get bored by the same fucking set for 12 hours each day. Perhaps they will explore all the other sounds at the other stages or the artwork. And by the time Avicii gets on stage, he's playing to 15 drugged out mongoloids.
    Fuck. What am I thinking. It's going to be deadmou5 and skrillex playing 6 hour sets next year. See? I'm contributing to my own rant. Damn I suck
    Iron Maiden, Boards of Canada and Underworld for 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Ross1492 View Post
    Clown music in the Sahara, Dome removed to make room for a beer garden, strange 2 weekend format that may have resulted in GV losing out on quality acts. All of this feels like a step in the wrong direction for the festival. Its a little deflating.
    Give me a break. I think everyone agrees that the EDM line-up is the worst in history, but you talk about this shit like it's fact. Try listening to one of those bands that play musical instruments. They don't bite.
    Last edited by Phunkevil; 02-11-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

First I was like
    Quote Originally Posted by Phunkevil View Post
    Give me a break. I think everyone agrees that the EDM line-up is the worst in history,
    but then I was like
    but you talk about this shit like it's fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepybrew View Post
    I think it's a pretty damn good lineup. Yes, the Sahara blows. But really, aside from Sasha last year, what Sahara set was really that memorable?? I'll still be running around having a ball this year because the rest of the lineup is great.

At The Drive-In. Mazzy Star. Madness. Refused. GY!BE. Pulp. DJ Shadow. M83. Radiohead. The Black Angels. Squeeze. The Growlers. The Rapture. Flying Lotus. Buzzcocks. The Weeknd. Modeselektor. Dre and Dogg. The Sheepdogs. The Black Keys. Florence and the Machine (sorry, i'm a sucker, i know that's not credible, but )i just love that band, super lame, i know, so are run on sentences that aren't really sentences).

The kids might get bored. I don't know if there is enough molly and fist pumping to last through 25 of the same exact sets. I remember the Sahara in 2007. Mstrkrft, Justice, LCD Soundsystem and the Rapture all played in the tent the same night. And a know what? People had a fucking ball. I think in large part because of the diversity of those bands. It kept the stage interesting. I remember there being a steady debate about who was the best set at the end of the Sahara in 2008 between Aphex Twin, Pendulum and Fatboy Slim. Who cares who was right, there was diversity and people loved the musical change. In 2010, a lot of friends i have went to deadmou5 and said it was awesome. Fine, whatever. But they also went to go see Orbital and said they enjoyed Orbital more.

The point???? Diversity. Yes, the Sahara tent plays dance music. But it succeeds when it plays varying types of dance music. I think (most likely, wishfully thinking) that people will get bored by the same fucking set for 12 hours each day. Perhaps they will explore all the other sounds at the other stages or the artwork. And by the time Avicii gets on stage, he's playing to 15 drugged out mongoloids.
    Fuck. What am I thinking. It's going to be deadmou5 and skrillex playing 6 hour sets next year. See? I'm contributing to my own rant. Damn I suck

This shit is on point. It is difficult to try and top 07 but it doesn't mean Paul has to stop trying! also, skrillex being nominated (and not exactly an underdog to win) for best new artist in the year the mayans predicted our downfall is keeping me up at night.
    And we're definitely going to hell, but we'll have all the best stories to tell.

Out of every absolutely completely fucked up thing going on in the world, Skrillex being nominated for a Grammy is what's keeping you up at night?

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

I couldn't sleep last night and i was watching great amounts of Palladia's programming. I never thought in all my years that an artist like David Guetta would get so popular making the intermission music that plays between actual bands that play actual music.
    Does anybody feel this way?

Nick o

its a great thing that skrillex is nominated for a bunch of grammy's. way more proof for the argument that the grammy's are a meaningless shitty joke. anyone else notice he got 5 nominations and didnt release an album in 2011? just a shitty ep? lol fucking hilarious, LA times blows the guy up and theyre just like WELL GOTTA NOMINATE THE SHIT OUTTA HIM NOW

Speaking of the grammys, just wait til you see what they do with Dave Guetta. I hope he's backing Dave Grohl covering I Will Always Love You.

Give me a break. I think everyone agrees that the EDM line-up is the worst in history, but you talk about this shit like it's fact. Try listening to one of those bands that play musical instruments. They don't bite.
    Give me a break. At no point did I slag the lineup as a whole. Nor did I say anything about not listening to "musical instrument bands", though thanks for reassuring me that I'm at no risk of being bitten by them. Goodness gracious what precious counsel. I've no problem enjoying a nearly dance-music free coachella, and I'm pretty damn pleased w/ the "musical instrument band" portion of the lineup. But, sorry, no reason to pretend the dance music stuff is anything other than horrible. And yes, that's a fact.
    Last edited by Ross1492; 02-12-2012 at 06:25 PM.

I love "Sexy Chick".
    "ain't no thang but a chicken wang"

DER!
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

I'm certain these surprises will be amazing
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

I think it's a pretty damn good lineup. Yes, the Sahara blows. But really, aside from Sasha last year, what Sahara set was really that memorable??
    Green Velvet

^ That set wasn't that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Quote Originally Posted by with_cheese View Post
    Green Velvet
    Despite Sgt. Pokes and fucked up sound in the Sahara, I also enjoyed Magnetic Man.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    And F You, pal, I started a Midnight Beast thread and a Ximena Sarinana thread.
    What midnight beast thread? MJA is full of LIES
    Quote Originally Posted by TanTan View Post
    Jesus could be closing the outdoor stage and conflict with OutKast, and I would still be up front for Andre3000's comeback

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    And F You, pal, I started a Midnight Beast thread and a Ximena Sarinana thread.
    Malcomjamalawesome, starting all of our funny threads since January 07.
    FYF 08/23-08/24
    Chvrches 09/19
    Banks 10/16
    Digitalism 11/08

Quote Originally Posted by sittingsideways View Post
    I couldn't sleep last night and i was watching great amounts of Palladia's programming. I never thought in all my years that an artist like David Guetta would get so popular making the intermission music that plays between actual bands that play actual music.
    the absolute worst was when dave grohl was giving his acceptance speech for best rock album(i think) and they cut him off with LMFAO. a great rant about making music from the heart, cut to a screeching halt by fucking party rock anthem.

Umm.... Boys Noize?

Coachella Weekend #1

Fall on face lulz

Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    Speaking of the grammys, just wait til you see what they do with Dave Guetta. I hope he's backing Dave Grohl covering I Will Always Love You.

Where exactly does one get industrial strength glow sticks?!

I must have one for fun & protection!
    2005, 2007, 2011, 2012 W1, 2012 W2, 2013 W1, 2013 W2, 2014 W1, 2014 W2 and SOON 2015 W1 & 2015 W2!!

Quote Originally Posted by MusicIsMyBoyfriend View Post

Where exactly does one get industrial strength glow sticks?!

I must have one for fun & protection!
    glowdildoz

I'm more interested in where I can find a stargate. Those can't be cheap.

With or without Kurt Russell?

Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Preferably with, though I'll settle for James Spader.

I prefer Michael Shanks.

I think it's a pretty damn good lineup. Yes, the Sahara blows. But really, aside from Sasha last year, what Sahara set was really that memorable??
    you werent ther for Chase and Status, were you?
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    you werent ther for Chase and Status, were you?
    Shpongle, The Twelves, Sven Vath

I know where to et those giant glow sticks.
    I ordered 20 of them for my camp