Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lineup discussion thread.

Default Lineup discussion thread.

So since the board just came back and I don't see one here, discuss the mutha fuckin lineup.

Default Re: Lineup discussion thread.

Sunday evening is gonna be a conflict train wreck for me: Dre/Snoop, At the Drive In, Justice, Florence, Weeknd, DJ Shadow, Modeselektor, Santigold. ugh..

I appreciate the effort Geno, and while it's nice to dream, the odds of lineup discussion being limited to one thread in an entire subforum whose name is "Lineup/Artist Discussion" is a beautiful pipe dream. Hell, one thread per act is overly optimistic.

Oh yeah, I like the lineup. I want to see many of the performers. I am concerned about conflicts. There are some facets of EDM that I feel are under/un-represented.

Really happy with the lineup again this year. The second lines are a little weak, but I love the lower tier.
    Black Keys repeat was lame though.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

someone needs to start a 2012 version of that thread from last year, where each person took one band they knew a lot about and wrote up about them. it was a great way to discover everything on the lineup and having it contained to one thread.

October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    January 31 - Mayhem/Watain

I'm listening and stalking each and every act. Making a 100%, 75% and 50% list. Set times will dictate who I actually can see and I will adjust list according to that.

Research and then Organization. Basics
    You wanna fook on me?!

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon66 View Post
    Sunday evening is gonna be a conflict train wreck for me: Dre/Snoop, At the Drive In, Justice, Florence, Weeknd, DJ Shadow, Modeselektor, Santigold. ugh..
    Sunday is a little too stacked, so many people I want to see, probably gonna miss a few cuz of conflicts... =[

Well, I wish the Stone Roses and Black Tamborine were there, but otherwiese, a good lineup overall. Plenty ofg bands I want to see.

the sahara is an abomination. other than that i love the lineup. can't fucking wait

VigoTheCarpathian

FfffffOhhhwowow this is very nice

Edit
    Code:
    Hhhdhd
    HTML Code:
    Dhdhdnsh
    Stubricks
      • EMA ATR M83 ST DR Angumway

EMA ATR M83 ST DR Angumway

Maestros by da pond
    Last edited by VigoTheCarpathian; 01-12-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Was watching some live Justice videos earlier, they seem pretty fucking good live.

Quote Originally Posted by Corona89 View Post
    Was watching some live Justice videos earlier, they seem pretty fucking good live.
    their live sets are fun

Lineup is so stacked I'm already worried about conflicts (Sunday night hurts already). I do feel bad for the Sahara faithful though, but if it helps all the hot girls I know from the Marina are really excited to see Afrojack play Take Over Control again and hear Kaskade play that song about another night, another dance floor!!

No but seriously Sahara is rough. Other than that, perfect. I've even come around to the Black Keys.

Damn Friday is really good too, Band of Skulls, Frank Ocean, Jimmy Cliff, M83, Explosions in the Sky, Artic Monkeys and TBK. Saturday is probably the least attractive day for me, even though Radiohead is my #1 this year.

Refused, alone, makes 2012 more than worth it...love the lineup...

Looking forward to Pulp, Jeff Mangum, At The Drive-In, Madness, Mazzy Star, Buzzcocks, Bon Iver, The Shins, Feist, Andrew Bird, Destroyer, Black Lips, The Weeknd, SBTRKT, Cat Power, M83, Frank Ocean, Madeon, Justice, Kendrick Lamar, Breakbot, A$AP Rocky, Azealia Banks, Wild Flag, Real Estate, We Were Promised Jet Packs, Jimmy Cliff & Tim Armstrong, FlyLo, Thundercat, Wild Beasts, M.Ward, The Rapture, Yuck, Sebastian....too many bands, plus Radiohead!!

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    someone needs to start a 2012 version of that thread from last year, where each person took one band they knew a lot about and wrote up about them. it was a great way to discover everything on the lineup and having it contained to one thread.
    That'd be cool, I got a few bands on that list I know a thing or 2 about
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    The Eeries The Troubadour
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

Friday is the only day I'm truly concerned about conflicts. Day is way too stacked for my tastes. Pulp, Mazzy Star, M83, Amon Tobin, Explosions in the Sky & the Horrors are all must sees for me. Saturday is pretty stacked too, but as long as I see Jeff Magnum, Jacques Lu Cont & Radiohead I should be ok. Sunday will be my most relaxed day. Lots of bands I want to see, but none I really am too concerned about conflicts.

Over all I am very pleased with this lineup.

Acts I'm genuinely very excited for: Pulp, Mazzy Star, Amon Tobin, Cat Power, EMA, Radiohead, Jeff Mangum, GYBE, DJ Shadow, Company Flow.

Acts I like pretty well and would like to see: Refused, M83, Rapture, Horrors, Black Angels, St. Vincent, Buzzcocks (already seen them multiple times, but they put on a great show), FlyLo, tUnE-yArDs, Beirut, The Hives, Wild Flag, Modeselektor, Greg Ginn, Wild Beasts.

Acts that I haven't gotten too into but I wouldn't mind checking out or just generally don't feel too strongly about either way: Black Keys, Explosions In The Sky, Madness, Girls, M. Ward, Atari Teenage Riot, Bon Iver, fIREHOSE, SBTRKT, Squeeze, Black Lips, The Big Pink, Jacques Le Cont, ATDI, Santigold, Seun Kuti, Real Estate, Noisia.

Everything else is either awful, boring, or I don't really know them well enough to place in the other categories.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

I'm really sad Sigur Ros won't be there. But other then that I'm really stoked on the line up!

the Black Keys, Arctic Monkeys, Pulp, Explosions in the Sky, M83, Cat Power, Girls, The Rapture, M. Ward, James, Neon Indian, Breakbot, Givers, Other Lives, Wolf Gang, honeyhoney, The Sheepdogs, Radiohead, Bon Iver, The Shins, Miike Snow, Andrew Bird, Feist, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, St. Vincent, Flying Lotus, Manchester Orchestra, Squeeze, Kaiser Chiefs, tUnE-yArDs, Black Lips, The Vaccines, Borgore, Mt. Eden, Florence + the Machine, Beirut, Santigold, Real Estate, Gardens & Villa, Sleeper Agent, Wild Beasts.

I can already see the conflicts....I'll have to do some organizing like Goatchella..

I think this for me is the best lineup for Coachella thus far
    meow

I am very pleased with the lineup, Saturday has me worried b/c there are lots of acts I want to see - Radiohead, Godspeed, Feist, Mangum, fIREHOUSE, Azalea Banks, Squeeze, FlyLo, Noel Gallagher, etc.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...=1#post2347604
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    I think it's complete fucking bullshit to go from a year with Mount Kimbie, Ramadanman, Kode 9, Joy Orbison, and Goth Trad (not to mention all the dnb) to getting Datsik, Borgore, Flux Pavillion, and Doctor fucking P.
    2013 Wishlist:
    Joker - Matty G - Mala - Loefah - Darkside - Youngsta - Joe Nice - Biome - Burial - Compa - Pinch - Kryptic Minds - Zomby - Phaeleh - Skream (screw Benga) - Hatcha - Truth - Tunnidge - Lurka - Phace - Black Sun Empire - London Elektricity - A Tribe Called Quest

Missing Jamie xx, James Blake, and Nicolas Jaar. But other than that, lineup is okay. Last year's was definitely better for me though.

Quote Originally Posted by zircona1 View Post
    I am very pleased with the lineup, Saturday has me worried b/c there are lots of acts I want to see - Radiohead, Godspeed, Feist, Mangum, fIREHOUSE, Azalea Banks, Squeeze, FlyLo, Noel Gallagher, etc.
    BIG difference between firehouse and fIREHOSE. Firehouse are a horrible hair-metal band while fIREHOSE contains two members of The Minutemen and are an incredible live band. So stoked they got back together.

VigoTheCarpathian

It's a beautiful line up: there isn't any real bullshit.

Saturday is so damn good that it angers me the most. There are like 12 artists on there I consider "can't miss". yet, on Friday and sunday combined there are like 7 artists I'd call Can't miss. If they sold single day tickets I think I'd try to move my weekend pass and just go to the saturday show each weekend.

The Sahara has some cheesy mainstream, but since Kaskade and Guetta are on during Radiohead prob, I think it's brilliant booking in the long run.

I'm really loving this year's lineup. I'm a tad bummed I will have to choose between Justice and Dre but I guess I'm choosing Justice.

Great lineup this year...no wonder shit's selling out so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Bons222000 View Post
    The Sahara has some cheesy mainstream, but since Kaskade and Guetta are on during Radiohead prob, I think it's brilliant booking in the long run.

I'm really loving this year's lineup. I'm a tad bummed I will have to choose between Justice and Dre but I guess I'm choosing Justice.

Great lineup this year...no wonder shit's selling out so fast.
    Wait, are we 100% sure Justice and Dre will Clash? That would suck. Hopefully they also don't have at the Drive in and Beirut clash, but I could forsee it.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJ View Post
    Wait, are we 100% sure Justice and Dre will Clash? That would suck. Hopefully they also don't have at the Drive in and Beirut clash, but I could forsee it.
    Even if Justice and Dre clash you really should see Dre. Justice will be around many more times this year. When are you gonna have an opportunity to see Dr. Fuckin Dre!?

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    Even if Justice and Dre clash you really should see Dre. Justice will be around many more times this year. When are you gonna have an opportunity to see Dr. Fuckin Dre!?
    you raise a valid point