Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Refused Are Not Fucking Dead

Default Re: Refused Are Not Fucking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    I am so happy to hear that they rose to the occasion.
    ATDI may be another story altogether, sadly.
    Have you watched any of the TX videos? They sound great, despite Cedric not screaming

I told myself I wasn't gonna watch the stream of any bands I really wanted to see, but I couldn't help it and tuned into Refused. They sounded incredible, even better than I could have hoped. Perfect set list too. My excitement for next weekend is officially off the charts.

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    ATDI may be another story altogether, sadly.

why do you say that?

Best set of the weekend. Best crowd of the weekend. Couldn't have asked for a more perfect show!

I really want to see a proshot video of this set

Probably the best set of the weekend that too many people missed out on

I am usually disappointed in reformed bands at festivals, but Refused were really great and that is considering I saw them a few times in the 90's. On some levels their performance at Coachella was the best I have seen them play.

they were amazing and they looked so grateful to be there. dennis was so sincere. i brought a friend not too familiar with them and he was going to stay for just a few songs. wound up being a convert and staying the whole set

i'm curious did they play any festival shows back in the day? im guessing this was probably the biggest audience they've ever played for in the USA, wondering if it's possibly their biggest show ever. either way for such a large crowd they made it feel pretty intimate

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    they were amazing and they looked so grateful to be there. dennis was so sincere. i brought a friend not too familiar with them and he was going to stay for just a few songs. wound up being a convert and staying the whole set

i'm curious did they play any festival shows back in the day? im guessing this was probably the biggest audience they've ever played for in the USA, wondering if it's possibly their biggest show ever. either way for such a large crowd they made it feel pretty intimate

I believe that most of their US shows in the day were house shows so I'd guess that this is the biggest show they've done.

I have a decently HQ video of New Noise if anyone's interested. Had my freezing cold girlfriend stick around and record it for me as I raged. Amazing performance. So glad we stuck through the cold to watch them.

His atitude during the whole set was awesome. Talking about how great Coachella is for getting them back together and how they he felt bad for breaking up and not playing. Have a lot of respect for the guy and his band.
    Last edited by Nealocus; 04-16-2012 at 06:45 PM.

They killed it. Such a good time. I'm glad I made it to this set.

best coachella set i've ever seen! i had 3 people seemingly fall from the sky & knock me down as soon as thousands of people yelled "can i scream!" then i got to meet dennis later! awesome! might get another pass for next weekend just to watch them again only

Quote Originally Posted by Nealocus View Post
    His atitude during the whole set was awesome. Talking about how great Coachella is for getting them back together and how they he felt bad for breaking up and not playing. Have a lot of respect for the guy and his band.
    This. So humble and so grateful to be on the fields. Amazing set.

they said the last time they played the u.s. it was in a basement in boston for 40 people.

They were so good!
    i almost lost my shoe like 3 times and got hit in the head like 10 times. it was great!
    saw Dennis on saturday at fIREHOSE and got a picture with him.
    saw him again later at buzzcocks too. left him alone though lol

IMG_4541.jpg

One of the best shows I've ever been to in my fucking life. I got emotional at the end there when he was spouting off about "staying curious".
    "It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge"

Refused fully delivered, as did the crowd. Amazing set

Via LickTheLizzard. Too good to wait for him to post.

I am ready to give and receive round-house kicks.

What time did they play till? And can anyone give me an estimated time as to when they'll play New Noise? Sprinting to their show right after Black Angels finish, maybe a bit early, I can't miss this performance.

Quote Originally Posted by dyltr0n3030 View Post
    What time did they play till? And can anyone give me an estimated time as to when they'll play New Noise? Sprinting to their show right after Black Angels finish, maybe a bit early, I can't miss this performance.
    i wasn't able to stick around for the whole set but i caught the majority of it. i heard new noise from one of the day parking lots, so it's safe to say they play it near the end. but yeah, don't miss it.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

I left after New Noise to check out Amon Tobin & SHM

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    I left after New Noise to check out Amon Tobin & SHM
    Refused, Black Angels, and Amon Tobin are all my must see's on friday. How long did Refused cut into Amon, and how long did Amon play till?

So did they do Tannhauser after New Noise then? And how did they do it, if so? Nobody has been able to answer my Tannhauser question.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Yes, they just busted into it
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Amon went til 1, if Refused plays the same exact set you can catch half his set
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Amon went til 1, if Refused plays the same exact set you can catch half his set
    FUCK this hurts a bit more than i thought it would but thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loser999 View Post
    i had 3 people seemingly fall from the sky & knock me down as soon as thousands of people yelled "can i scream!"
    That moment, it seemed like the crowd got jolted with electricity, b/c everyone was off the ground or in motion. The people in front of me were airborne, like a big wave. I won't forget that moment.

Best set of the weekend for me too.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

I thought this too, but after Refused you won't even care about a fairly boring light show

I could not make it long enough to see this set and I am quite disappointed in myself. I want to try to get a ticket for one of their sold out shows at Terminal 5 in a couple days.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

I thought this too, but after Refused you won't even care about a fairly boring light show
    I'm gonna take your advice, Amon isn't goin anywhere for awhile whereas I feel I may never get this opportunity to see Refused again

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    So did they do Tannhauser after New Noise then? And how did they do it, if so? Nobody has been able to answer my Tannhauser question.
    like stinkbutt said they just went into it after new noise. ***ZOMG SPOILER ALERT*** if you mean specifics like was a person playing violin with them, no. the intro was samples but it didnt matter. and right before the "alive, living, loving and searching" part dennis omitted the "spoken word" part /***ZOMG SPOILER ALERT*** again it didnt matter and i still cried like a lil kid at the end of the set.

truth. amon was on my list as well but after seeing refused i was like fuck it, im done. nothing could touch what i just saw. i will make more effort to catch him this weekend but i'll still likely watch the whole refused set and anyone dealing with conflicts should do the same

dude its fucking refused. how many chances have you had to see them in the last 10-15 years? how many chances do you think you'll have to see them in the future?

if any set this weekend deserves the much overused "they killed it" tag, it was refused

EDIT: ninja'd

I'm gonna take your advice, Amon isn't goin anywhere for awhile whereas I feel I may never get this opportunity to see Refused again
    glad to see you came to your senses. you will have no regrets