Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Refused Are Not Fucking Dead

Default Re: Refused Are Not Fucking Dead

I can not wait for this show! That footage is fantastic!

Anyone else hoping for The Apollo Programme Was a Hoax?

Seems unlikely, but if anywhere it would be Coachella right?

i hate how everyone is jumping on the refused bandwagon, posers, also refused sucks for reuniting. i bet all the band wagoners is gonna be standing with arms crossed. -_-

^ lol

wut?
    Last edited by Melyocus; 03-13-2012 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee_troots View Post
    i hate how everyone is jumping on the refused bandwagon, posers, also refused sucks for reuniting. i bet all the band wagoners is gonna be standing with arms crossed. -_-
    Yea, fuck Refused for putting aside their petty ass differences and reuniting to give young fans like me a chance to see them live! Fucking fucks! Down with the system! Fuck the man! DAMN BAND WAGONERS AND THEIR CROSSED ARMS!!!!!!

I'll make sure to stand directly in front of you with my feet spaced about a foot apart and my arms crossed over my chest and won't even nod my head. I'll also end up taking a phone call in the middle of the set and ask the person on the other end if they can hear me about 82 times because I call shotgun on the band wagon.

Refused has been well known for a long time now. Go fuck yourself.

Just got my ticket for the Boston show. Wonder how fast it'll sell out...
    12/6: Japandroids/DIIV
    1/10: Mister Lies/Matthewdavid

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    Anyone else hoping for The Apollo Programme Was a Hoax?

Seems unlikely, but if anywhere it would be Coachella right?
    if it hasnt happened already i doubt it will. was keeping fingers crossed for a full TSOPTC set from start to finish including strings on Tannhäuser / Derivè since they said they felt they never did that album justice live, but at this point i'd say that will almost certainly not happen. nothing against "songs to fan the flames...", its an amazing album as well and im more than happy to hear songs from that too, but 'shape' changed my life. i cant say that about more than a handful of albums

might as well share this short (OLD) article i ran into today where dennis talks shit on crazy town for covering 'new noise'. i always figured as much but its nice to read the words coming from him.

also on the subject of a possible reunion: "It's not going to happen ever". i guess the smiths are probably now top of my list of bands where all members are still alive but will never get back together, now that "ever" is just a few days away. cant fucking wait

http://exclaim.ca/Interviews/FromThe...u_shame?fid5=1

REFUSED!... the reason I'm traveling to Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    was keeping fingers crossed for a full TSOPTC set from start to finish including strings on Tannhäuser / Derivè since they said they felt they never did that album justice live
    This

if it hasnt happened already i doubt it will. was keeping fingers crossed for a full TSOPTC set from start to finish including strings on Tannhäuser / Derivè since they said they felt they never did that album justice live, but at this point i'd say that will almost certainly not happen. nothing against "songs to fan the flames...", its an amazing album as well and im more than happy to hear songs from that too, but 'shape' changed my life. i cant say that about more than a handful of albums
    Agree 100%. If they start to play Tannhauser I will absolutely lose my shit.

Every desire that we earn
    Will guide us
    Alive
    Living
    Loving
    AND SEARCHING
    Last edited by ohaithereguise; 04-06-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ohaithereguise View Post
    Agree 100%. If they start to play Tannhauser I will absolutely lose my shit.

Every desire that we earn
    Will guide us
    Alive
    Living
    Loving
    AND SEARCHING
    i just checked setlist.fm and if the info there is correct, they played it 3/30 in stockholm during the first encore. one off thing? who knows, sure hope not. either way this setlist looks very, very solid

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/refuse...n-3de1df3.html

My Refused boner cannot be contained

then cut it off

i just checked setlist.fm and if the info there is correct, they played it 3/30 in stockholm during the first encore. one off thing? who knows, sure hope not. either way this setlist looks very, very solid

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/refuse...n-3de1df3.html
    Looks incredible. Add Pretty Face to that and it has all my favorites. Now my only concern is going too hard for this set on Friday and hurting for the rest of the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ohaithereguise View Post
    Looks incredible. Add Pretty Face to that and it has all my favorites. Now my only concern is going too hard for this set on Friday and hurting for the rest of the weekend.
    i hear ya. i was determined to get tickets to the show at the glasshouse but im starting to reconsider. im sure its gonna be an epic show but with the next day being first day of coachella and living an hour+ away from the glasshouse it might just be too much. besides i can just wait one more day to see em at my favorite venue in the world

also i figure that maybe by me not going to the glasshouse show some other kid who isnt going to coachella might get that ticket instead. i know kinda lame but hey who knows

Is this the thread we're supposed to bump for Refused reviews at Coachella? Hard to tell with all the damn random threads people are pumping out today. Stop it!

This was easily the best show I saw on Friday and it wasn't all that close (although Pulp sure are fuking magnificent). I wasn't sure going in what to expect but that quickly changed once they hit the stage. It was like a bomb going off! I was center pit and made it about three songs in before taking a sneaker to the jaw. I slowly moved... err, was violently pushed to the outside closer to rail but still only few feet from stage. Sore today!

Dennis Lyxzén is a revelation! Holy crap this guy should be a freakin household name! He reminded me of a young Iggy Pop in some ways, at least how he moved. He is still capable of doing all the leaps, twists and shrieks I thought I'd never get a chance to experience live. I was blown away by his and Jon Brännström's energy- nice suit! The songs sounded tight and the rest of the band pounded away like they had never been gone.

Coachella crowd: although I gotta question where some of you learned to crowd surf--the objective is not always "hurt someone by kicking as hard as I can"-- major props for showing up in force and giving back all the energy Refused were putting out. A special shout out to the 100 lbs gal who said "Hey guys... heads up!"- just before she lept off the side railing right on top of me! That was pretty damn awesome, actually. Cute girls surfing usually is. But the dude who kicked me on the jaw? Not so fine.

Great time all in all! And it's going to be almost impossible to top it the rest of this weekend!
    Last edited by sonnyboy11; 04-14-2012 at 09:58 AM. Reason: cleaned up some spelling errors
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

^They were HUGE. When the sound bleed from SHM started, internally i groaned; but Refused took it up a notch and made the show a bit better. i'll be there next week. Seeing them again is mandatory.

^You are so damn lucky to see them twice! Can we get a club tour? Pretty please?

Did you get some good shots of the show, ivankay?
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden| Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| DFA 1979| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

I agree with everything said. SO FUCKING GOOD. Definitely my favorite set of the day/night!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Women just obviously can't write creative music. They're all ripping off the Beatles, who were men. Duh.

Looks like catching them at the Congress will be mandatory.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

I am so happy to hear that they rose to the occasion.
    ATDI may be another story altogether, sadly.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

— Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

Refused were fucking incredible. Best performance of the day (and probably weekend) by far, so goddamn powerful.

I know I keep saying this but dennis' voice blew all my expectations out of the water. That sweede can wail!!!! So stoked for next weekend now

Yesss! Just got some chills reading your little review, Sonny. Im flying up to SF to see them on wednesday and then coming back home immediately to leave for weekend 2. So stoked to hear they rocked in a festival setting.