Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg

Default Re: Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    Warren G was killed it, yes.
    Lol oops. I am still hyped up cuz of that performance

Pretty soon they weill just be showing the coachella dvd on a screen, Projections will replace real performances. Hologram 2pac = dumb.

Aiiint noo funnnnn
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    I would like to bitch more that this show should've been billed Snoop and Dre since Dre was barely ever on stage, it was the Snoop and guests show. Also, why the fuck would you only do one verse off of "Still Dre" then walk off? The band could've jammed, introduced themselves and said goodnight after 2 more verses.
    THIS. Dre set the record for most songs played by a headliner without the headlining artist even being on stage.

Also, the dubstep version of forgot about dre was a big let down.

Wow. I find it hard to believe people actually liked this set. It was a fucking train wreck. The opening was the shit, but fuck, did it crash and burn. Cheesy, scripted show and seriously anti-climactic. I remember telling myself only Tupac's resurrection could redeem the performance. But when that hologram of pac came up, shit got creepy real quick and made the show even worse. I understand it was a good concept but that was complete fail. They should've billed them as 'Dre and Friends.' I thought Dre and Snoop were going to bring the gangster. They did not. With that, I did enjoy the old school jams and put one in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by elChurro View Post
    I thought their inside joke of playing" jump around" for the crowd was funny. Just like when Kanye said something about the sea of white kids in the crowd.
    did you hear dre laugh to snoop "see, i told you..."?or was it the other way around? either way, it was obvious what they were referencing.

What time did they come on?

The Tupac things was creepy. But then shit was dope. It was damn dope.

Quote Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
    What time did they come on?
    just over 10 mins late

Now THAT is how you close out a 3-day festival. Holy fuckshit.

Hands down the most entertaining show I've seen in 6 years of attending Coachella and I honestly don't believe I will ever have that much fun at a concert ever again. I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it.

Minor complaints:
    -could have been a couple songs longer
    -the Tupac hologram was incredibly creepy and kind of a turn-off (though it was an amazing use of technology).
    -Eminem lip-synching the chorus to "Forgot About Dre" and not staying to do more songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubesock Shakur View Post
    Warren g been hittin the frozen food section too much. Regulators!!!!!! Eat up.

I guess whats what happens when you're Just a young mutha fucka eatin' Valupacks
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

Insert *Jem and the holograms hipster meme*

I thought the band was fucking great. I loved watching the webcast while dancing around my living room singing along to Gin n Juice and Ain't No Fun while trying to keep up with Snoop- how many blunts did he smoke and that joint he and Wiz Khalifa had was fucking fat. Would've been great to get more Dr. Dre. I agree about brostep breakdown during Forgot About Dre, weak shit as was Jump Around. I felt the beginning and end were strong but the middle was only entertaining because of all the smoking, the tight band, and the fat juicy asses bouncing on my tv. Too bad Nate Dogg is no longer with us - would've been great to hear his voice live during those tracks.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Why are more people not upset about the lack of sign language interpretting? Racists.
    Friday: Outkast, The Knife, The Replacements, Broken Bells, Girl Talk, Haim, Bryan Ferry
    Saturday: Lorde, Empire of the Sun, Fatboy Slim, Nas, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, CHVRCHES, Mogwai, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, The Internet
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Neutral Milk Hotel, Disclosure, Chance the Rapper, Starfucker, Superchunk, Poolside
    ----
    Robert DeLong - The Independent - Jan 28
    Mad Caddies - Slim's - Feb 8
    St. Vincent - Fox Theatre - March 22

awesome awesome awesome show, the pac thing was a little creepy though
    Stevie Wonder, Jurassic 5!!, Magnetic Man, Pogo, Tycho, Tears for Fears 2013

Coach 06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13(1)
    Sasquatch 12
    Lolla 11(Chile)
    VOODOO 11
    Street Scene 07,08,09
    Rock the Bells 07

This was honestly such a mediocre performance by Dre & Snoop, I don't know why they headlined...

Take away the special guests and hologram of Pac and this show would have been incredibly boring.

They should hologram Lil Wayne from '07 and it would be a better show than these 2...

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

I've had this gripe for many years but this latest deluge of fucking horseshit excitement over this stupid hologram is too much.
    get the fuck over this fucking idiot, he was marginal at best. His franchise has transcended his actual talent and you fucking zombies are all accomplices.

Nobody can possibly believe that this fuckwit would have been nearly as big a deal as he is right now were he actually alive. Let it go. you guys keep teaching these producers that there's money to be made perpetuating this legacy. Eventually people will start to forget that he actually existed at all and assume he was just a fictional character.

Dr Dre looked like a tick about to pop on stage; I thought Snoop was in danger of being eaten in order to prevent Dre from going hypoglycemic.
    "You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you dance with the reaper."
    -The Grim Reaper

blue/green planet, 3 from the sun, can't miss it

I thought it was fun, thou very short, 1 hour for a headliner, with all those guests?! Also you gotta be careful about a hologram 2pac, a hologram Biggie S could have come out and they there would have been drama, one would have shot the other...
    04' 05' 07' 08' 09' 10' 11' 12' 13'
    Metric, Of Monsters, Local Natives, Beach House, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Band of Horses, Stone Roses, Foals, Tegan and Sara or How to Destroy 2 Bears, Violent Femmes, Portugal, Hot Chip, Spiritualized, Simian Mobile or Postal, Moby, New Order, Sigur Ros DIIV, Oh Sees, Grimes, Paul K, Oakey, Vampire Weekend, Pretty LIghts, OMD, WU, RHCP, Dead Can Dance

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    I've had this gripe for many years but this latest deluge of fucking horseshit excitement over this stupid hologram is too much.
    get the fuck over this fucking idiot, he was marginal at best. His franchise has transcended his actual talent and you fucking zombies are all accomplices.

Nobody can possibly believe that this fuckwit would have been nearly as big a deal as he is right now were he actually alive. Let it go. you guys keep teaching these producers that there's money to be made perpetuating this legacy. Eventually people will start to forget that he actually existed at all and assume he was just a fictional character.

you got something against the promulgation of cultural mythos bro?

ALSO YOU'RE A PIECE OF SHIT
    Last edited by jiggly; 04-16-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post

Contrary to your beliefs, nobody cares about your opinions, just so you know.

On a scale of 1-10 how much does your butt hurt?
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut Up Forever Almost All of You.

SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    On a scale of 1-10 how much does your butt hurt?
    10 on the stink scale.

I saw 50 cent in Vegas Wednesday night and knew he would be there. Wasn't to thrilled about it. He did the same songs during the home and home tour.

The tupac thing was cool but I felt as if the Ghost of tupac was stealing my soul. It was very eerie. It didn't get an amazing reaction from what I could tell standing by the Soundboard. A lot of th people I talked with about it after the set all thought it was creepy. Very cool though seeing that live.

The smoke cloud was nuts. Everyone at that set would fail a drug test today. Insane how huge That cloud was.

Overall I think the set while amazingly awesome and fun, but fell short. They should have been up there for 2 hours. Playing one verse from a song Is weak. No guilty conscious? Really. That sucked. Wanted it to happen during the home and home tour as well but it didn't. I was left wanting a lot more but it is what it is. Still an amazing show. 2nd best rap show I've ever seen after Eminen and Jay-z home n home

This was one of the most fun sets I've ever seen. I have no idea why Dre hasn't done shows in a decade because he's really fucking good at it, and Snoop was amazing too (and I'm not a huge fan of his recent stuff). There were a few things that I wasn't fully into (Wiz Khalifa, Eminem not being up there the whole time) and it could have been a big longer but beyond that I have no complaints. They sounded amazing, both the band (super tight, especially the drummer and bass player) and Dre and Snoop themselves. The hologram was fun but in general this was just an awesome party, everyone around me was having a blast.

Did anyone notice that Snoop's microphone has an area for storing blunts? They zoomed in on him while he was pulling a blunt out of it at one point.

Also, I DO have one complaint... we camped for a few hours at the second railing to get a good view, and right as Dre comes on everyone in the VIP area stands up on the metal barricade (so they're 8 feet tall or so) and our view is gone, I had to watch most of the set on the screens despite being way up there. I get that those are Famous People who are Important but it's a serious fuck-you to the Normal People who are waiting for hours for a good spot when ~30 people in the VIP get to stand on the railing and ruin that. GV, that's bullshit, you gotta regulate on these people even if they are Important.

Quote Originally Posted by bobchella View Post
    This owns

You should have regulated and pushed there asses down, that's what I had to do during Portishead. These tickets were given to these fucks, they don't deserve it. I guess I don't really either.

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    This was one of the most fun sets I've ever seen. I have no idea why Dre hasn't done shows in a decade because he's really fucking good at it, and Snoop was amazing too (and I'm not a huge fan of his recent stuff). There were a few things that I wasn't fully into (Wiz Khalifa, Eminem not being up there the whole time) and it could have been a big longer but beyond that I have no complaints. They sounded amazing, both the band (super tight, especially the drummer and bass player) and Dre and Snoop themselves. The hologram was fun but in general this was just an awesome party, everyone around me was having a blast.

Did anyone notice that Snoop's microphone has an area for storing blunts? They zoomed in on him while he was pulling a blunt out of it at one point.

Also, I DO have one complaint... we camped for a few hours at the second railing to get a good view, and right as Dre comes on everyone in the VIP area stands up on the metal barricade (so they're 8 feet tall or so) and our view is gone, I had to watch most of the set on the screens despite being way up there. I get that those are Famous People who are Important but it's a serious fuck-you to the Normal People who are waiting for hours for a good spot when ~30 people in the VIP get to stand on the railing and ruin that. GV, that's bullshit, you gotta regulate on these people even if they are Important.

This owns

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post

Wait a goddamn minute here. Can you elaborate on this? Have never been so I can't picture this. I thought VIPs didn't get special access to shows? How are they only 8 feet if they were standing on the metal barricade? How did this not start a riot by the people who waited hours to have good spots for the show?

And what is the second railing? Where is the first?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hendrixfan143 View Post
    You should have regulated and pushed there asses down, that's what I had to do during Portishead. These tickets were given to these fucks, they don't deserve it. I guess I don't really either.
    They were on the far side, so I couldn't have touched them, and there were so many of them and they were Famous People so it's not like they'd listen to me anyway. At one point someone yelled "get down VIP bitches" and one of the dudes in one of the entourages came back and looked like he was going to fight the Normal Dude Who Was Upset At Having His View Blocked By The Famous.

Quote Originally Posted by SameOldSong View Post
    Wait a goddamn minute here. Can you elaborate on this? Have never been so I can't picture this. I thought VIPs didn't get special access to shows? How are they only 8 feet if they were standing on the metal barricade? How did this not start a riot by the people who waited hours to have good spots for the show?

And what is the second railing? Where is the first?

Thanks.
    There's the front railing which is like 5 feet from the stage, then there's a barricade that forms a + shape, two of the arms extend out into the crowd about halfway between the stage and the sound booth and the other two connect the stage to the sound booth.

Here's a pic: http://eecue.com/i/Coachella-Main-St...254_7mta_l.jpg

That looks like it's from when Kanye played 'cause of the platform but the basic setup is the same every year. We were on the far side of the second railing, so my stomach is up against the barricade. Inside the barricade were a bunch of famous people (names I heard: Macy Gray, Katy Perry, Usher, Rihanna, etc. etc. and their crews). There's a little step on the inside, so you can stand up on it if you want and get a foot or two of extra vision. This is the Famous People section, not the VIP section (in that you can buy a VIP ticket but I don't think you can buy your way into this section directly) so it wasn't heavily regulated, and right when Dre started the entire little step filled up with people. It basically fucked the view for everyone standing behind them and no security guys seemed to mind.
    Last edited by Trick Loves The Kids; 04-16-2012 at 05:52 PM.