Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1118

Thread: Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg

Default Re: Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg

LOL that article doesn't change anything. He says "If a tour happens, we'll see."

you usually don't spend hundreds of thousands of dollars for just 2 performances.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I felt like the girls we were with should have been sucking off the guys in our group during that song.
    Just sayin
    I felt like the random girls we were standing by should have sucked us off!

Quote Originally Posted by magmazing View Post
    I wonder why Eminem was lip syncing during forget about dre. It was blatantly obvious @3:35 in the video.
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.

backing track, many rappers use them. rapping live is difficult due to all the movement and breath control required to keep the flow going, so they have a little help. he was rapping over it for the most part, though. only time you probably really noticed it was when he had to take a breath in.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 04-23-2012 at 10:14 AM.

He had "doubled" his vocals, especially in choruses or any time he's using the "slim shady voice", for a long time. This isn't the first time he has caught flack for it. Sometimes the timing is just off and his attempt to sound more powerful backfires on him.

So basically the girl who just came to my house and said there was a Nate Dogg Hologram was too fucked up to tell the difference between the LED screen tribute to Nate and the tupac holo?

Please say yes because I don't like her and I really don't want to have missed anything such as Nate Dogg Holo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm the number one Jedi.

I'm betting that somewhere in the weekend 1 crowd, someone on all sorts of drugs looked at the Tupac hologram and proclaimed, "HE. IS. ALIVE."

And Monko: it was Tupac again. I didn't see Dre and Snoop the first weekend, but my friend who was with me did, she said even the banter in between songs was exactly the same, it was an identical performance.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by Zero23 View Post
    And Monko: it was Tupac again. I didn't see Dre and Snoop the first weekend, but my friend who was with me did, she said even the banter in between songs was exactly the same, it was an identical performance.
    The CGI Tupac didn't freestyle? No shit?

I like how on the printed setlist they have actual lines for "interaction with audience"

my friend actually thought it WAS Tupac for a moment, he told me (wasn't on drugs)

It's not even Eminem doubling up. It was only the chorus for Forgot About Dre. He rapped without a backing track otherwise.

I saw a Nas show years ago where his entire performance was him rapping over his CD.
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The CGI Tupac didn't freestyle? No shit?
    I'm not talking about Tupac, I'm talking about Snoop and Dre's interaction with the audience in between songs.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero23 View Post
    I'm betting that somewhere in the weekend 1 crowd, someone on all sorts of drugs looked at the Tupac hologram and proclaimed, "HE. IS. ALIVE."
    snoop dogg (or dre i forget: COACHELLA! SHOW SOME LOVE FOR MY ***** TUPAC!

*CROWD KINDA CHEERS, NOT REALLY SURE WHAT TO DO*

NAH NAH NAH FUCK THAT COACHELLA! I SAID, 'SHOW SOME LOVE FOR MY ***** TUPAC'.

girl in audience not paying attention - 'but Tupac is Dead...'

laughter explodes from all sides
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Was the stage banter really scripted? The delivery sounded a little stilted in places during weekend 1, and I remember joking with a friend at the time that it sounded like Snoop was reading from a David Mamet gone hip-hop script, but I still think it's kind of hilarious/amazing/sad that they actually scripted the stage banter.
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nealocus View Post
    Actual half the thread was curious about the set list retard, stop trying to be cool.

Thanks for the pic, I'm glad they kept the same songs.
    You are very welcome, a lot of people were asking for it so glad I was able to help (and thank you too). Greg is just that, a 'retarded' forum douchbag who needs to stop wearing his imaginary forum badge and go get some 'twat.'

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    I like how on the printed setlist they have actual lines for "interaction with audience"
    Yeah I chuckled at that too. We were trying to remember when they did **Comedy Sketch**, I don't recall that part at all. Maybe it just wasn't funny.
    Facebook | Twitter | Last.fm | YouTube

Coachella '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12

Xbox Live GT: iEy3con | Top 5 Call of Duty Clan: Semper Fi

Yeah that part was foreign to me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ey3con View Post
    You are very welcome, a lot of people were asking for it so glad I was able to help (and thank you too). Greg is just that, a 'retarded' forum douchbag who needs to stop wearing his imaginary forum badge and go get some 'twat.'
    You hear that, Greg? Get off the internet and start getting some pussy, you undersexed nerd.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Was the stage banter really scripted? The delivery sounded a little stilted in places during weekend 1, and I remember joking with a friend at the time that it sounded like Snoop was reading from a David Mamet gone hip-hop script, but I still think it's kind of hilarious/amazing/sad that they actually scripted the stage banter.
    Oh, the entire thing was completely scripted. Same exact banter second weekend. Pretty hilarious to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    You hear that, Greg? Get off the internet and start getting some pussy, you undersexed nerd.
    Ironic that he's the one getting worked up over the internet and sending me homophobic, mealy-mouthed insults via PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I'm still waiting for Jack White to finally admit that he invented the guitar.

Glad that hologram isn't going to be a tour. Also, the backstage area looks really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    That was easily the most fun I've had at a show. I've been to plenty that were better musically, of course, but in terms of talking about pure spectacle nothing can come close to touching that. The crowd around me (including myself) was losing it to the point of hysteria at points (50 Cent coming out, Tupac obviously although some people just seemed confused, and my ears hurt from the screams when Em came out). Dre and Snoop were on top of their game and pure professionals. The band was tight. It was just absolutely perfect.

For those who were upset that Dre wasn't onstage the whole time, I think it goes back to Dre being more of a ring-leader than a star. His body of work is heavily focused on guest appearances and collaborations (there are several full length songs on 2001 where he doesn't rap one line). I think it is reasonable to expect that his shows were going to be similar...giving everybody else plenty of time to shine.

Also thought it was funny that the chief complaints about this set (too short, no underground fan favorites, too many guests that took away from Dre) are the EXACT opposite complaints about Kanye last year (too rambling, Hey Mama and 808 and Heartbreaks songs killing the momentum, not enough guests).
    As usual I agree with travelfan about everything. The last point about Kanye's set is really funny too, thanks for making the connection... In general, yeah, my dream setlist for Dre would've been far different but that's kind of why I'm not in charge, nobody wants Ice Cube to come out to do cuts from his first solo album. I was kind of skeptical about this set since Dre hasn't done a show of his own in literally a decade but it was some of the most straight-up fun I've ever had at a concert. I'm also loving how many people were expecting to hate it and it ended up being their favorite set of the weekend.

Fuck Avicii.

I thought it was a really fun and surprisingly great set, but it was definitely not the best thing I saw all weekend. It was great seeing all those songs live.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Ironic that he's the one getting worked up over the internet and sending me homophobic, mealy-mouthed insults via PM.
    You know the best way to get back at him is to post the PMs here so that everyone can join in and ridicule him

Having gone both weekends, the first weekend's set was definitely better. Even though it was largely scripted, you could tell that all the performers lost a bit of their excitement weekend 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Oh, the entire thing was completely scripted. Same exact banter second weekend. Pretty hilarious to watch
    seriously..

7/10 Cloud Nothings W/ Metz @ Constellation Room
    7/11 Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds @ The Shrine Auditorium
    7/19 X (Acoustic) @ Pappy & Harriet's
    8/23-8/24 FYF Fest
    9/11 Swans @ The Roxy

Quote Originally Posted by kneuller View Post
    You know the best way to get back at him is to post the PMs here so that everyone can join in and ridicule him
    "Choke on a dick." Pretty simply and straight to the point, and hardly homophobic just for the record.

Oh but make sure to go through every thread first and bitch at everyone posting videos of their experience (and call them all "twats") because other people have already posted videos or because you yourself already saw the show. /rollseyes

Get off your high horse, and take all your groupthink fan boys on the Coachella board with you (or at least the 3 who 'lolz' at everything you say). I'll keep recording shows and getting setlists to share with people, you keep trying to win at the internetz.
    Last edited by Ey3con; 04-23-2012 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Having gone both weekends, the first weekend's set was definitely better. Even though it was largely scripted, you could tell that all the performers lost a bit of their excitement weekend 2.
    I absolutely would agree with you and I didn't even go the first weekend (I saw it on the live webcast). The excitement/awe was lacking, but more than anything the delivery of the "Interact with the Crowd" was just off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ey3con View Post
    I absolutely would agree with you and I didn't even go the first weekend (I saw it on the live webcast). The excitement/awe was lacking, but more than anything the delivery of the "Interact with the Crowd" was just off.
    lold.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Ey3con: a dumbass
    July 29 - Boris
    August 1 - Black Label Society
    August 14 - Nine Inch Nails/Soundgarden/DEP
    August 27 - Röyksopp & Robyn
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 12 - Austin City Limits: Day 3
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Metal Festival
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 23 - Caribou

People being assholes simply because I posted a picture of a setlist. Keep it up.