Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg

Default Re: Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    They could have done better songs with the guests, Till I Collapse being on the setlist instead of something like Guilty Conscience that actually has Dre in it is lame. 50 Cent being there was lame all together. The Tupac thing being used at California's biggest festival and them not playing Calfironia Love is lame. Doing a dubstep remix of Still Dre to close the set would have been a bummer for me as well. The set could have been a lot more than it was. I don't doubt the set was fun but when Dre & Snoop were announced this was not the set list I saw coming.
    so tell me...what DO you like??

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    Yes, I was right around where that big white ball of light is, up against the railing and looking at the stage. The celebrities and friends were inside the empty area. It wasn't necessarily as close as we could get, but in years past it's been a favorite spot because of the empty (more or less) space in front of you and the ability to lean against the railing. In years past they've let famous people in there (I was in that same spot for Arcade Fire last year and there were some movie stars in front of us) but I don't remember them ever being allowed to stand on the railing.
    I was posted in front of the barricade where the celebs/VIP'S were blocking your view, you can blame Usher for that, he wanted to sit on the barricade and everyone copied him. Everyone was freaking out around him and I loved it because it opened up a lil more room for my friends and I. Sorry for your blocked view I kept blowing smoke in his face and his entourage's faces to see if I could get them contact high we had about 20 blunts.
    Last edited by ADGZ662; 04-17-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8njam View Post
    so tell me...what DO you like??

It's not that I don't like Till I Collapse, it just wasn't a song with either of the artists on the bill. The only 2 things in my rant that are real dislikes are 50 Cent and Dubstep remixes of songs that are great as they are. I just think the setlist could have been better. I know the set was a lot of fun and was a great closing set, but it could have been better.

Edit: And I take back my statement about California Love, I looked up the set list again and it appears they did play it.
    Last edited by Distorted_Jungle; 04-17-2012 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Sooo.... Now the big question. How does this compare to the Up in Smoke (if you can even compare them)
    Up in Smoke tour was better simply because it was a lot longer, more guests, and Nate Dogg was still alive. Their Coachella set was great though and one of my all time favorites. Exceeded my expectations.
    It's not that I don't like Till I Collapse, it just wasn't a song with either of the artists on the bill. The only 2 things in my rant that are real dislikes are 50 Cent and Dubstep remixes of songs that are great as they are. I just think the setlist could have been better. I know the set was a lot of fun and was a great closing set, but it could have been better.
    You're entitled to your opinion obviously, but it sounds like you're nitpicking. I wish Eminem could have played longer, more guests, etc. but I thought the set was pretty impressive overall. Then again, I grew up with Death Row records so I was more or less in heaven.

EDIT* Maybe it was a "you had to be there" kind of thing? Dunno.
    Last edited by Gribbz; 04-17-2012 at 11:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater
    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Caribou - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Up in Smoke tour was better simply because it was a lot longer, more guests, and Nate Dogg was still alive. Their Coachella set was great though and one of my all time favorites. Exceeded my expectations.

You're entitled to your opinion obviously, but it sounds like you're nitpicking. I wish Eminem could have played longer, more guests, etc. but I thought the set was pretty impressive overall. Then again, I grew up with Death Row records so I was more or less in heaven.

Yeah, there's no doubt in my mind I would have had a blast durring the set and I might have a different opinion had I been there. Just looking at the set list and videos it's not what I would have expected.

Yeah, there's no doubt in my mind I would have had a blast durring the set and I might have a different opinion had I been there. Just looking at the set list and videos it's not what I would have expected.
    Yeah, I will concede that "Jump Around" was kind of lame. I loved how we got "Deep Cover" and "Aint No Fun" though.

Since you were there, could you elaborate on the 50 cent appearance? He played, what 2-3 songs, and from the webcast, it seemed like dre and snoop totally disappeared. Were they still on stage? Did they completely leave? This is probably the worst thing about the whole show. I know its great to be all nostalgic about hearing all those dre and snoop hits but, fucking 50 cent is on the main stage at coachella playing songs that don't even involve dr. dre or snoop (I could be wrong) and that is just........not what I think about when I think coachella.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheres the beef? View Post
    Since you were there, could you elaborate on the 50 cent appearance? He played, what 2-3 songs, and from the webcast, it seemed like dre and snoop totally disappeared. Were they still on stage? Did they completely leave? This is probably the worst thing about the whole show. I know its great to be all nostalgic about hearing all those dre and snoop hits but, fucking 50 cent is on the main stage at coachella playing songs that don't even involve dr. dre or snoop (I could be wrong) and that is just........not what I think about when I think coachella.
    I thought it was strange at first, but then I remembered that Dre and Eminem have both produced albums for 50 Cent. He's more or less a part of the Aftermath/Death Row family so overall I thought it made sense. He did three songs (one with Snoop). Like I said in an earlier post, I'm not a 50 guy at all but I enjoyed the songs he did. Dre disappeared because he doesn't rap on any of the tracks. On the Up in Smoke tour rappers (Dre, Snoop, Eminem, Warren G etc.) would disappear for songs at a time while the others performed.

Funny how some people are just never satisfied. Always find something to bitch about

Edit: And I take back my statement about California Love, I looked up the set list again and it appears they did play it.
    They just cut it short. I was expecting the hologram for that but getting Hail Mary was great. I also read earlier that Tupac 2.0 tour is likely. ugh
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

I can sum this up in a word: DOPE.

I thought it was strange at first, but then I remembered that Dre and Eminem have both produced albums for 50 Cent. He's more or less a part of the Aftermath/Death Row family so overall I thought it made sense. He did three songs (one with Snoop). Like I said in an earlier post, I'm not a 50 guy at all but I enjoyed the songs he did. Dre disappeared because he doesn't rap on any of the tracks. On the Up in Smoke tour rappers (Dre, Snoop, Eminem, Warren G etc.) would disappear for songs at a time while the others performed.
    Makes sense I suppose. I still think its kind of weak with the back catalog dre has. But on the other hand I could see dre wanting to share the limelight. It ain't no fun if the homies can't have none.

Wish they played Keep Their Heads Ringin.

They could have done better songs with the guests, Till I Collapse being on the setlist instead of something like Guilty Conscience that actually has Dre in it is lame. 50 Cent being there was lame all together. The Tupac thing being used at California's biggest festival and them not playing Calfironia Love is lame. Doing a dubstep remix of Still Dre to close the set would have been a bummer for me as well. The set could have been a lot more than it was. I don't doubt the set was fun but when Dre & Snoop were announced this was not the set list I saw coming.
    Wait, so YOU WEREN'T THERE?

Yet you speak as though you saw it. I never saw a crowd dance as hard as this crowd at mainstage. So what the setlist left some things to be desired... we knew the set was going to be short and that there would be guests, so they couldn't conceivably play everything.

It's just hilarious that people bitch like this when they weren't even there hahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    They just cut it short. I was expecting the hologram for that but getting Hail Mary was great.
    Yeah, I was shocked at how real it looked. Goosebumps. I'm happy they could pull it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheres the beef? View Post
    Wish they played Keep Their Heads Ringin.
    Oh damn. Forgot about this track. Touche.

Quote Originally Posted by GolfWang View Post
    Yeah, the band was absolutely perfect. It makes such a huge difference having a full live band for headlining rap show. Does anyone know who they are? The bass player looked really familiar but I can't place him.
    The bass player was the same dude from the Dave Chapelle Block Party movie. I remember because he fucking kills it in that movie as well. He's so dope, I want to know his name.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    Contrary to your beliefs, nobody cares about your opinions, just so you know.
    contrary to your half-conscious attempts at thought, you're a braindead moron with less than worthless tastes.

just so you know.

The confused look on everyone's face during the Frank Sinatra bit. Definitely a highlight.

Quote Originally Posted by romanticizer View Post
    I can sum this up in a word: DOPE.
    Have you considered becoming a journalist?

8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by PulpOne View Post
    The confused look on everyone's face during the Frank Sinatra bit. Definitely a highlight.
    gangsters coopting actual gangster music. How delightfully semi-droll.

I also read earlier that Tupac 2.0 tour is likely. ugh
    UGH?!? If it isn't overpriced I would see that show! I wasn't old enough to really appreciate Tupac before he died. Obviously never got to see him live. Going into the show expecting a hologram would be a little weird like at Coachella, but the rewards FAR outweigh the weird and lame aspects.

Come on, nobody thought that shit looked pretty close to real?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm the number one Jedi.

Quote Originally Posted by Monko762 View Post
    Come on, nobody thought that shit looked pretty close to real?
    I was really far back (around the A8 tower) and I thought it looked like it came out of the Sims, but when I saw pictures yesterday it looked more realistic than how I remembered it. Anyway I'm sure Dre wouldn't have approved it if it were a total cartoon.
    '11, '12.1 coldchella

Yeah, I was shocked at how real it looked. Goosebumps. I'm happy they could pull it off.

Not gonna lie, I'm a bit jealous I missed this.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post

Yet you speak as though you saw it. I never saw a crowd dance as hard as this crowd at mainstage. So what the setlist left some things to be desired... we knew the set was going to be short and that there would be guests, so they couldn't conceivably play everything.

It's just hilarious that people bitch like this when they weren't even there hahahaha.
    Just my opinion, not bitching. I never once said the performance was a let down as if I was there, just stated some things i thought were lame about it. Outside of the few things I mentioned I'm extremely jealous I wasn't there because I know the songs that I would have wanted to hear that were played were great.

This was the best set of the weekend for me ... freaking loved it!

Anyone else notice Snoop mess up a lyric when he was out there with 50? 50 laughed and missed a couple lyrics too. No big deal, but just a funny moment. I bet Snoop was too damn high to remember everything, haha.

My only complaint is the length and lack of a few big tracks. I know it's not up to GV to not let them play past 12, but that's a really dumb rule. They should have let them start at 10 to fit in an extra 30 min of music which would have been perfect for them to mix in some of the bigger omissions that people have mentioned.

I also read earlier that Tupac 2.0 tour is likely. ugh
    Are you being serious? Have you opened an internet browser at all this week? How could you possibly doubt this?

And it'll "feature" every fucking desperate HH/R&B whore in the world at deep discounted rates. It's genius.

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post

This.

The entire place was rockin, everyone was singing along. What more do people want?

I do agree though I wish they started earlier so we had more time to avoid the whole 12 AM curfew stuff

Can anyone explain why they played "Jump Around?" Was it just a party track or was there some meaning behind it?

To make fun of us white boys.

The graphic designer for the Tupac model must not have been very good with lips... Mic was glued to Tupac's face almost the whole time. Think I only counted two times when the mic wasnt pressed against his polygonal face. Though I could be wrong, that whole night is just a blur for me. Need to watch it on Youtube. Was a great show though. Stayed for Justice, ATDI, then I was all the way up front-left against the VIP gate.

Coachella 2013 here we go.

The Postal Service - Greek Theater - July 27
    Outside Lands - Golden Gate Park - August 9-11

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Just wash your hands off after. I don't want to be high fiving your stink palm.

Wow, what a way to close the festival. Absolutely insane. The crowd was going absolutely bonkers the entire time, one of the funnest crowds I have ever been a part of.