Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg

Default Re: Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg

Man it is a real shame celebrities caught on to Coachella. I remember when it was like " Hey isn't that the one guy from the show theat got cancelled?" now the grounds are filled with A listers

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    They were on the far side, so I couldn't have touched them, and there were so many of them and they were Famous People so it's not like they'd listen to me anyway. At one point someone yelled "get down VIP bitches" and one of the dudes in one of the entourages came back and looked like he was going to fight the Normal Dude Who Was Upset At Having His View Blocked By The Famous.

That fucking sucks man. I'm big on being close to the stage and almost always get to shows hours early to make sure this happens. I don't even know what I'd do in that situation, it sounds so fucking frustrating. I'd probably cry or something lol.

It wasn't the end of the world (still had a blast at the set) but it did feel pretty fucked up. "Hey kid, thanks for camping out for 3 hours to make sure you get a good view for a performance you've always wanted to see, but we're gonna let these celebrities and their friends stand in front of you at the last minute. Cheers."

Yeah. Just so I understand, you were behind the part of this + sign that is parallel to the stage? And the celebs were inside the + basically? Just wondering, is this as close as you could get with how long you waited, or did you just decide to take that spot? Seems like there's a ton of people/room on the other side of the + closer to the stage.

Sorry for all the questions, I'm scheme scheme plot plotting here.

Yes, I was right around where that big white ball of light is, up against the railing and looking at the stage. The celebrities and friends were inside the empty area. It wasn't necessarily as close as we could get, but in years past it's been a favorite spot because of the empty (more or less) space in front of you and the ability to lean against the railing. In years past they've let famous people in there (I was in that same spot for Arcade Fire last year and there were some movie stars in front of us) but I don't remember them ever being allowed to stand on the railing.

Cool, thanks man. I might try to camp out at a similar spot and just hope no douche celebs do this.

Why does it matter that they're celebrities? Regular VIPs would do the same damn thing.

no just famous people are assholes

The backing bad was so good. I didnt even think hip-hop songs could be transformed so smoothly into "jam" style tunes. Such great use of extra synths.

Man, G-funkchella....what a way to end this year. I think everyone left satisfied..... It was good to finally get some proper homage to Nate Dogg
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Also Dr. Dre did Dubstep..... wat?

You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

I hate to sound pretentious but I feel like this was a case where being such a fan let me down entirely. The set was more aimed towards performing songs that everyone knew than songs for the fans. Only one song on the Chronic was played and only 3 songs off of Chronic 2 were played. I liked watching the webcast and everything. 2pac, Eminem, 50 Cent: they were all good guests. I just feel like it ended up being a party with songs that everyone knew besides being an actual Dre and Snoop concert. The set was way too short, focused too much on guests, and some NWA shit would have been nice. Just my opinion on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    Yes, I was right around where that big white ball of light is, up against the railing and looking at the stage. The celebrities and friends were inside the empty area. It wasn't necessarily as close as we could get, but in years past it's been a favorite spot because of the empty (more or less) space in front of you and the ability to lean against the railing. In years past they've let famous people in there (I was in that same spot for Arcade Fire last year and there were some movie stars in front of us) but I don't remember them ever being allowed to stand on the railing.
    i was against the same railing but in the other side. Same thing, show starts and everyone inside the empty area stands on the railing blocking the view for everyone behind them. People complained but the only security guy there didn't do anything so we had to watch the set on the screens. I thought that empty area was the VIP section and the celebrities area was the first railing on the sides 5 feet from stage.
    Last edited by orbit; 04-16-2012 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hendrixfan143 View Post
    You should have regulated and pushed there asses down, that's what I had to do during Portishead. These tickets were given to these fucks, they don't deserve it. I guess I don't really either.
    no passes are given away anymore, comps are gone, everyone pays unless they are guests of the bigger bands, and even then it is pretty minimal.

i and the people next to me were nice and sat down at our rail spots up in the pit area, would have felt bad if i was blocking someone who had been waiting for hours at the rail. best part was seeing paris hilton and all of her lackeys trying to walk up by us and security turning them around and telling them to get the fuck out.

Last edited by JustSteve; 04-16-2012 at 11:36 PM.

My vid of the ghost

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1),12(2),13(1),13(2)
    Upcoming shows
    Neutral Milk Hotel 4/9, The Knife 4/15, The Dandy Warhols 4/23, First Aid Kit 5/26, Parquet Courts 5/27, The Faint 6/1, Lady Gaga 6/3, Robyn/Röyksopp 6/29, Sharon Van Etten 6/29, Deafheaven 7/2, Cloud Nothings 7/7
    Events
    Knifechella 4/11-13&18-20, SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015

Quote Originally Posted by OpenGatorade View Post
    I hate to sound pretentious but I feel like this was a case where being such a fan let me down entirely. The set was more aimed towards performing songs that everyone knew than songs for the fans. Only one song on the Chronic was played and only 3 songs off of Chronic 2 were played. I liked watching the webcast and everything. 2pac, Eminem, 50 Cent: they were all good guests. I just feel like it ended up being a party with songs that everyone knew besides being an actual Dre and Snoop concert. The set was way too short, focused too much on guests, and some NWA shit would have been nice. Just my opinion on it.
    This was a festival performance. They are playing to a crowd that isn't necessarily old school fans of Dre and Snoop. The crowd knows and wants the hits. If there had been no guests every one would have complained about that. Damned if you do, damned it you don't. I think it was absolutely amazing, fun and the best set of the weekend. The perfect way to end a weekend, I couldn't have asked for better. Could they have played longer? yeah..but that wasn't up to them. Curfew Sunday is 12:00am.

I can't believe how much fun this was. I'm not big on 50 Cent but his appearance was pretty awesome/unexpected.

EDIT* I'm really happy Dre and Snoop played with a band. I loved how they jammed out and reworked some of the classics.
    Last edited by Gribbz; 04-17-2012 at 12:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?

The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Thee Silver MT. Zion Orchestra - 4/22 - The Mohawk
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

Such an amazing set

In-fuckin'-credible
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

Quote Originally Posted by Coachellagirl View Post
    This was a festival performance. They are playing to a crowd that isn't necessarily old school fans of Dre and Snoop. The crowd knows and wants the hits. If there had been no guests every one would have complained about that. Damned if you do, damned it you don't. I think it was absolutely amazing, fun and the best set of the weekend. The perfect way to end a weekend, I couldn't have asked for better. Could they have played longer? yeah..but that wasn't up to them. Curfew Sunday is 12:00am.
    Exactly

And it was easily one of the best sets I have ever seen at Coachella

The entire crowd was singing along, dancing, and just having plain fun with all the songs and guests. One simply couldn't leave without feeling happy

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    ...he was marginal at best.

Are you fucking retarded?

Yeah, the band was absolutely perfect. It makes such a huge difference having a full live band for headlining rap show. Does anyone know who they are? The bass player looked really familiar but I can't place him.

So let me state that I enjoyed the set and thought it was a lot of fun. I was happy with what I saw. But did anyone feel that they were watching the Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg variety hour? Between all of the special guests and the scripted-sounding banter, it seemed almost like a television show.
    For your health

Quote Originally Posted by GolfWang View Post
    Yeah, the band was absolutely perfect. It makes such a huge difference having a full live band for headlining rap show. Does anyone know who they are? The bass player looked really familiar but I can't place him.
    the band owned....the bassist and drummer were too sick

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    no passes are given away anymore, comps are gone, everyone pays unless they are guests of the bigger bands, and even then it is pretty minimal.
    Where are you getting this information from? Completely wrong. My friends in Abe Vigoda got 10 guest passes per weekend.
    1 Coachella before I got sober, 7 since. I support both versions. If you wanna do the sober version, roll with us:
    Click Soberchella 2013 for meeting details
    -------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    So let me state that I enjoyed the set and thought it was a lot of fun. I was happy with what I saw. But did anyone feel that they were watching the Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg variety hour? Between all of the special guests and the scripted-sounding banter, it seemed almost like a television show.
    Same format as the Up in Smoke tour. What were you expecting exactly?

Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs

Quote Originally Posted by sk8njam View Post
    the band owned....the bassist and drummer were too sick
    Yeah, not only was the band super tight but the arrangements of the songs were completely on point. Fills in the exact right places, cutting the music at the perfect moments... they were just awesome.

I loved singing Nate Dogg's part of "Aint No Fun" during his tribute.

Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs

Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Where are you getting this information from? Completely wrong. My friends in Abe Vigoda got 10 guest passes per weekend.
    like i said, bands get some comps, but for the most part the "celebs"/"vips" pay, whether it be them or their management...unless they got something from the actual artists performing. maybe i shouldn't have used the word "bigger" in terms of the amount of comps bands get, abe vigoda got hooked up if true. other bands get just enough to cover themselves and crew and a guest or two. far cry from the mid-2000's when thousands and thousands(like 5000+) of comps were given away for each day.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 04-17-2012 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coachellagirl View Post
    They could have done better songs with the guests, Till I Collapse being on the setlist instead of something like Guilty Conscience that actually has Dre in it is lame. 50 Cent being there was lame all together. The Tupac thing being used at California's biggest festival and them not playing Calfironia Love is lame. Doing a dubstep remix of Still Dre to close the set would have been a bummer for me as well. The set could have been a lot more than it was. I don't doubt the set was fun but when Dre & Snoop were announced this was not the set list I saw coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Same format as the Up in Smoke tour. What were you expecting exactly?
    Sooo.... Now the big question. How does this compare to the Up in Smoke (if you can even compare them)