Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg

Default Re: Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg

Quote Originally Posted by Blackvelvet View Post
    Shadow ended about 15 minutes before.
    In that case maybe I'll make camp with my girlfriend, her sister and friends, book it to Shadow then find my way back to them.
    god i love coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    It was the same technology used to make a Mariah Carey concert happen in 6 different places at the same time, so while still awesome I wouldn't call the Coachella performance a breakthrough in technology.
    The biggest difference here though is not only was this a projected hologram but a 100% digitally animated person. The rendering and the animation was incredibly lifelike, and they went through painstaking measures to make it seem as if he were actually interacting with people on the stage and the audience. Totally groundbreaking.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    It was the same technology used to make a Mariah Carey concert happen in 6 different places at the same time, so while still awesome I wouldn't call the Coachella performance a breakthrough in technology.
    Gorillaz used it with Madonna at the VMAs or whatever a few years ago too.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

yeah, but those people haven't been dead for 15 years

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

The main disappointment about tupac's performance is that nobody took the opportunity to shoot him again.

Everyone going to W2 already knows about the Tupac hologram. I heard them talking about it on a local radio station as I woke up this morning.
    I wonder if they will do the same thing this weekend or add something different?
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

It was a fun set for sure, but no one else was put off by the like 80 minute headliner set that was heavy in theatrics? Left a lot of potential material on the floor it seemed. Eminem was cool, but he did 2 1/2 songs, two of them were not great songs, and forgot about dre was partially lip synced. And the tupac hologram felt like I was watching a video game. Don't get me wrong, it was a crazy set, but it felt lacking, maybe that was just me.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJ View Post
    It was a fun set for sure, but no one else was put off by the like 80 minute headliner set that was heavy in theatrics? Left a lot of potential material on the floor it seemed. Eminem was cool, but he did 2 1/2 songs, two of them were not great songs, and forgot about dre was partially lip synced. And the tupac hologram felt like I was watching a video game. Don't get me wrong, it was a crazy set, but it felt lacking, maybe that was just me.
    Fully agree. Fucking 50 cent?

FYI the Vocoloid in japan is really the origin of the technology used for the Tupac hologram. In the case of Vololoid, not only are the "performers" digital projections, but the actual voices are completely synthesized as well.
    last.fm
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL

Rumor has it the hologram cost $10,000,000

I don't see how that's possible but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut Up Forever Almost All of You.

SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

That hologram was the most tasteless thing I have ever seen, other than that it was fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

I'm sure it was exactly that amount down to the penny.

Buy your Tupac hologram now, just $10,000!
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobchella View Post
    Rumor has it the hologram cost $10,000,000

I don't see how that's possible but whatever.
    No it was between 100K and 400K
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

Most of that cost went into the actual creation of the figure, I'm sure. Mocap/rending at that level is not cheap. It would be astronomically expensive and time consuming to do an entire concert at this quality, let alone having more than one figure.
    last.fm

No one is complaining here that Dre only played one song off the Chronic?!

7/22 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Prospect Park
    7/23 Witch @ MHOW
    7/24 Teenage Fanclub @ Pier 84
    7/24 Lauren Ritter @ TBA
    7/25 Nick Cave @ Prospect Park
    7/26 Cell Injection/Black Asteroid @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by vfcali View Post
    You're totally right, but try to do it yourself. It's impossible if you've had a smoke or drink, or even a contact high from the crowd.
    its not lip syncing, its a blend...its just good technique for a performance like this...most rap performances suck because dumb foos cant use a mic right....he wasnt lip syncing, he was just doubling....the backing track had Em's part in it, but its lower than the actual audio from the mic so it gives the verses a more full sound...you could hear both eminems studio take and his live voice so learn about lip syncing before you accuse someone of doing it

Lurker

Some people are just never happy...Best hip hop show ever! Best Sunday closer in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    No one is complaining here that Dre only played one song off the Chronic?!
    do you want someone to complain???

Quote Originally Posted by Tongue_Punch View Post
    Some people are just never happy...Best hip hop show ever! Best Sunday closer in years.
    Guess you missed Gorillaz and Roger Waters.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8njam View Post
    its not lip syncing, its a blend...its just good technique for a performance like this...most rap performances suck because dumb foos cant use a mic right....he wasnt lip syncing, he was just doubling....the backing track had Em's part in it, but its lower than the actual audio from the mic so it gives the verses a more full sound...you could hear both eminems studio take and his live voice so learn about lip syncing before you accuse someone of doing it
    He really should get better at it, because I saw him do the same thing on SNL ten years ago.
    7/27 Babymetal @ Fonda, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ The Ace, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    He really should get better at it, because I saw him do the same thing on SNL ten years ago.
    no eminems great with the mic...but the crowd will always understand lyrics better with a double going on...i dont think he NEEDS it, but its more pleasing to the ear this way, and thats what these types of shows are all about...that shit was a big ass production

well yeah, all of Em's vocals are doubled on his albums, so i think most people are used to hearing him that way.
    last.fm

I thought their inside joke of playing" jump around" for the crowd was funny. Just like when Kanye said something about the sea of white kids in the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8njam View Post
    no eminems great with the mic...but the crowd will always understand lyrics better with a double going on...i dont think he NEEDS it, but its more pleasing to the ear this way, and thats what these types of shows are all about...that shit was a big ass production
    I know. He needs to get better at not looking so obvious. The lip synching accusations seem to plague him more than anyone else in that field.
    7/27 Babymetal @ Fonda, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ The Ace, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater

I would like to bitch more that this show should've been billed Snoop and Dre since Dre was barely ever on stage, it was the Snoop and guests show. Also, why the fuck would you only do one verse off of "Still Dre" then walk off? The band could've jammed, introduced themselves and said goodnight after 2 more verses.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

2 PAC was retarded. Dre was not there. Other than that, the show seemed pretty damn good.

Warren g been hittin the frozen food section too much. Regulators!!!!!! Eat up.

I can't believe all the complaining!!!! Dre and Snoop Killed it. Fiddy Killed it! The hologram Pac Killed it. Em Killed it! Wiz Killed it!! Warren G killed it!! Best show of the weekend by fucking far. I was expecting a good show...... but this far exceeded my expectations!!!! Didn't really care for 50's hype man though. Other than that great fucking show!! Best Sunday Closer since Roger Waters!!
    Last edited by mclovin_it; 04-16-2012 at 12:12 PM.

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Warren G was killed it, yes.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

Faxman75, who has clearly had enough