Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A$AP Mob

Default Re: A$AP Mob

Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    Anyone go to the show last night?
    Yup. Shit was tight. Performed for about 45 minutes, played everything, then spent a good 20 mins in the crowd signing autographs and kicking it. I missed him at Coachella for Radiohead, but watching the video of his performance, I think the Glass House show was better. The Coachella set seemed a little awkward the way they intro'd the Mob at the start. It felt more organic last night.

Quote Originally Posted by ficklecycle View Post
    Anyone go to the show last night?
    A$AP killed it. Such good vibes, one of the best and funnest shows i have been to

I'm going to his show in DC in a few weeks and I had a few questions. Was last night's show or the Glass House show anything like the Coachella set? I was watching on the webcast and I really didn't enjoy the Coachella performance. The intro was too long, too much from the asap mob, and rocky was really just shouting the whole time. It didn't have the same flow/vibe/melodies as the album (not that I was expecting an exact replica of the album). I guess what I'm asking is was it a little more subdued and focused than the festival set?

Also anyone have the setlist?

Just caught the video from A$AP's set last night. I loved when Master P came out and did Make Em Say UGHHHHH and I Miss My Homies. Immediately took me back to 8th grade and I thought it was awesome.

Master P came out at the Glass House show? WOW dude.... that sounds amazing.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

No he didn't. He came out at Coachella 2
    Kaaaaast

Oh damn.. Thats dope as hell. Missed asap rocky for radiohead but caught some of him weekend 1. He's really dope live. Mad energetic.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I loved Master P's Ghetto D album. I would have acted like a little girl
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

I didn't get to watch any ASAP at Coachella both weekends (couldn't walk away from Radiohead even if I tried), but I did get to chill with Yams and Ant! Rolled up a blunt with em while watching The Weeknd. Super chill and got to meet Nasty, Rocky & 12vy right after.

Favorite set along with Swedish House & Snoop and Dre. Energy was unreal.

I think it's funny when people who haven't spent a lick of time listening to his music are so quick to name him the second coming of Lil B... musical ignorance is still alive.

Loved ASAP's set Weekend 2. It was easily my favorite performance of the weekend. Was front right in a cat mask and glowsticks goin crazy. If I hurt anyone, sorry, but realize what type of event ASAP puts on next time.

Banned

asap rocky was hard as fuck . heard it walking from radio to kask and it was going SO MUCH HARDER than dre and & snoop ... thoseguys are dead

Do not regret missing Radiohead for Asap. I was extremely surprised to see the Mojave, or Gobi (where ever he performed) so packed! I was expecting myself and two or three other souls there.

*Shout out to the broad who gave me a handy after his set.*
    Friday Lou Reed, Modest Mouse,Beach House,Infected Mushroom, Johnny Marr,Wolfgang Gartner, Four Tet, TNGT, Earl Sweatshirt, Lee Scratch Perry, Dam Funk

Saturday
    the XX, New Order, Knife Party, Violent Femmes, SMD, Major LAzer, 2 Chainz, Danny Brown, Booka Shade, Bingo Players, Pusha T, Trash Talk

Sunday
    RHCP, Nick Cave, Vampire Weekend, Social D, Wu Tang,Eric Prydz, Lumineers, James Blake, Grimes, Raider Klan, Roni Size, Smith Westerns

Okay, as a critic of this dude, I concede...the album is pretty damn good
    I'ma ball at the mall shuttin' down the sea wall