Thread: Bumbershoot Labor Day Weekend, 2012 Saturday 9/1–Monday 9/3 at Seattle Center

Default Bumbershoot Labor Day Weekend, 2012 Saturday 9/1–Monday 9/3 at Seattle Center

Bumbershoot 2012 3-Day Admission

When: September 1st, 2nd and 3rd, 2012
    Where: Seattle Center, 305 Harrison Street (Map)

THROUGH 01/05/2012 AT MIDNIGHT Save 50% on daily admission — $75

http://bumbershoot.strangertickets.c...paign=20120104
    9/18 CHVRCHES @ the Fox Theatre
    9/22 Tove Lo @ the Fillmore
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rüfüs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    10/29 PHISH @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    10/31 AlunaGeorge @ 1015 (?)
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

Default Re: Bumbershoot Labor Day Weekend, 2012 Saturday 9/1–Monday 9/3 at Seattle Center

Any rumors for this?

Default Re: Bumbershoot Labor Day Weekend, 2012 Saturday 9/1–Monday 9/3 at Seattle Center

This festival should be a million times cooler than it is. Why can't they assemble a decent lineup in the heart of one of the country's most important music cities anymore?

Fitz and the Tantrums --> Phantogram ---> Hall and Oates was a pretty nice way to spend Labor Day last year. The weather actually held up!

Considering I paid $30 or so for an early sale single day pass, can't complain! Looking to go again this year.

The Lonely Forest > Broken Social Scene > Atari Teenage Riot > Das Racist > Butthole Surfers > The Kills was also really nice, for that matter. Bumbershoot is a way better deal than pretty much any other festival in its price range in my opinion. It's just not a high-budget festival.

old school

http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/0...ll-tour-dates/
    M83 look like a very strong lineup contender given their schedule. Vancouver could fit comfortably in that schedule as well.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/0...nces-u-s-tour/
    Metric is a long shot, but they are also doing Sasquatch.

Now that the line up is out, thoughts?

It's like, whatever.

Wow, even if I still lived in Seattle, I wouldn't go to this year's fest.
    9/18 CHVRCHES @ the Fox Theatre
    9/22 Tove Lo @ the Fillmore
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rüfüs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    10/29 PHISH @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    10/31 AlunaGeorge @ 1015 (?)
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

Seriously, what a horrible lineup. I count a whopping two acts I would want to see. And yes, Skrillex and M83 featuring the saxophone are the two.
    For your health

Jane's Addiction, Tony Bennett, and Skrillex are the oddest troika of headliners I've ever seen assembled for a single festival.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Perry Farrell, Tony Bennett, and Skrillex walk into a bar...

old school

Ian Hunter is a very inspired booking. Ian Hunter, Eric Burdon, Wanda Jackson and Tony Bennett all on the same day is amusing to me.

This lineup takes some homework, but there are some tasty nuggets for those that dig a little.

Fishbone is also a nice curveball

Sept. 1: Jane's Addiction, AWOLNATION, M. Ward, The Jayhawks, The Helio Sequence, City and Colour, The Heavy, Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit, King Khan & The Shrines, Heartless Bastards. Oberhofer, TheeSatisfaction, Damien Jurado, JC Brooks and the Uptown Sound, Sera Cahoone, The Soul Rebels, Don't Talk to the Cops!, Skerik's Bandalabra, Alela Diane, The Barr Brothers, TacocaT, Unnatural Helpers, Seattle Repertory Jazz Orchestra, Polecat and Nude.

Sept. 2: Tony Bennett, Mac Miller, Big Sean, Keane, Blitzen Trapper, The Promise Ring, Yelawolf, Mudhoney, Wanda Jackson & The Dusty 45's, The Greenhornes with Eric Burdon, Ian Hunter and the Rant Band, Civil Twilight, Fruit Bats, The Jezabels, Why?, Barcelona, Lee Fields & The Expressions, Harmonica House Party with Lee Oskar & Magic Dick, Katie Herzig, Niki and the Dove, AM & Shawn Lee, thenewno2, Gold Leaves, Karen Lovely, Deep Sea Diver, Theoretics, Eldridge Gravy & The Court Supreme, Ty Curtis Band, The Young Evils, Knowmads, Katie Kate and Eighteen Individual Eyes.

Sept. 3: Skrillex, M83, Passion Pit, Low, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, The Vaselines, Fujiya & Miyagi, Fishbone, Lights, Rebirth Brass Band, LP, Ty Segall, Hey Marseilles, The Wombats, Ana Tijoux, Foxy Shazam, Bombino, Omar Souleyman, Tyrone Wells and El Vez.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Jane's Addiction, Tony Bennett, and Skrillex are the oddest troika of headliners I've ever seen assembled for a single festival.
    Not much weirder than Hall and Oates, Wiz Khalifa, and Ray LaMontagne were last year. Bumbershoot usually only has one headliner that I'm excited about, if that, but their undercard is always good enough for me to go all three days anyways. Passion Pit, Mudhoney, Blitzen Trapper, AWOLNATION, M. Ward, The Wombats, etc. are all exciting. Plus they almost always have at least a couple really good comedy acts.

Haha, my friend was so dazzled by Coachella, that upon return from Weekend 1 she immediately bought tix to this thinking the lineup for last year was this year. (she can be kinda a space cadet sometimes). She's going to have a tough time getting any of our crew to come out for this mostly ho-hum lineup.

I'll go to see Keane at least. That big bobblehead can sing.

Do they usually have adds?

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

A few smaller bands. Even so, not much can save this laugher outside of starting over from scratch.
    Last edited by boarderwoozel3; 05-10-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Yeah the lineup is pretty cringe inducing this year but Monday looks alright to me. I'm thinking of doing Amon Tobin in Portland on the second, then Bumber on the third. For under $50 there will be enough to see, plus I think they'll add comedians. Wish that Why? was on Monday also.

I went for one day in 2010 and saw Health, Atlas Sound, The Decemberists, Edward Sharpe, part of Bob Dylan, and The Raveonettes. That was great for the money and I was hoping for something as good this year, but it's still a nice little festival. There's a decent novelty to seeing a band perform beneath the Space Needle, plus if you get bored you can watch kids skate around. At least this shit's cheap.
    I must have looked as if I were a diseased creature. Covered in cigarette cartons like bird shit, smeary colored face, drinking wine out of a pair of sweat pants. A dead baby hung off the side of my head -- crying to get high on smokes and glue.

http://gabfrab.com/

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

That's true. It is cheap entertainment in a great city.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    Do they usually have adds?
    This is only part of the lineup. There's going to be a metal showcase added to one of the days, and a whole stage full of electronic acts added to each day (including some late night/early morning electronic acts). They also are going to have a few more mainstage adds, and of course some comedy/art/dance/theater adds.

Gotye added as a subheadliner. Whoop-de-do.

That was actually a smart add. He alone will probably help drive sales a bit.

Is it my imagination but do they add an electronic stage later?

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    Is it my imagination but do they add an electronic stage later?
    Decibel did an after hours (10 p.m. - 4 a.m.) thing in the Exhibition Hall last year but I haven't seen any announcements about the lineup this year.

Decibel will be doing after shows again this year. Sean announced it yesterday morning on the radio and posted about it on FB saying an announcement will be out in a couple of weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets