Results 1 to 29 of 29

Thread: James Confirmed for Coachella 2012

  1. #1
    old school shotglass75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,335

    Default James Confirmed for Coachella 2012

    My friend in London told me he heard on Radio 6 that James confirmed themselves for Coachella 2012. Obviously you don't need to believe a thing I just said but this is what he told me and I see no reason why he would make shit up. OK Bye.
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

  2. #2
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,994

    Default Re: James Confirmed for Coachella 2012

    Hearing "Laid" in a Boston club at 1am with 500 other drunks screaming at the top of their lungs is one of my favorite music moments of all time.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  3. #3
    cat hoarder rskapcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,085

    Default Re: James Confirmed for Coachella 2012



    My name is Becca. Hi.

    Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

  4. #4
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,994

    Default Re: James Confirmed for Coachella 2012

    It looks like your friend was telling the truth.

    http://www.wearejames.com/forum/view...24cb35056d60a8

    http://www.wearejames.com/forum/view...24cb35056d60a8


    First "confirmation" I've been excited about.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  5. #5
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,841

    Default Re: James Confirmed for Coachella 2012

    Very intersting. Throbbing Gristle spot on the poster?
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

  6. #6
    Dark Lord mountmccabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Mission
    Posts
    12,093

    Default Re: James Confirmed for Coachella 2012

    This would make me very happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I feel like dad-rock wouldn't get so bad of a rep if we called it pop-rock

  7. #7
    Coachella Junkie sonofhal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    8,974

    Default Re: James Confirmed for Coachella 2012

    Been ages since I've seen them live - mainly because they charge quite silly prices for their shows here. Always been a great live band.

    A Booth and the Bad Angel set would also be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    107

    Default Re: James Confirmed for Coachella 2012

    Very good news indeed.

  9. #9
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,573

    Default Re: James Confirmed for Coachella 2012

    This is exciting.

  10. #10
    foof roberto73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stately Wayne Manor
    Posts
    2,997

    Default Re: James Confirmed for Coachella 2012

    Saw them in Atlanta a year ago, and it was a dynamite show. They hadn't missed a step since I saw them in the early 90's.

  11. #11
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,572

    Default Re: James Confirmed for Coachella 2012

    James were great when I saw them in 2010
    Very happy and surprised by this

  12. #12

    Default Re: James Confirmed for Coachella 2012

    A SebastiAn live set is a possibility.

    His agent is emailing about North American available dates that curiously skirt right around the two coachella weekends:

    Sebastian (Live)
    4/17, 4/18, 4/19, 4/25 thru 4/28
    http://www.facebook.com/0sebastian0
    Years in attendance: '07, '08, '09, '10

    2010 > 2007 >> 2008 >>> 2009

    Last.fm

  13. #13
    Member Dede' Arneaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    I'm on a tightrope baby, nine miles high.
    Posts
    777

    Default Re: James Confirmed for Coachella 2012

    Their's is one of the best 'greatest hits' albums
    Dede' Arneaux
    Come a long long, come a long long way

  14. #14
    old school Somewhat Damaged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    5,327

    Default Re: James Confirmed for Coachella 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Flammenwerfer View Post
    A SebastiAn live set is a possibility.

    His agent is emailing about North American available dates that curiously skirt right around the two coachella weekends:

    Sebastian (Live)
    4/17, 4/18, 4/19, 4/25 thru 4/28
    http://www.facebook.com/0sebastian0
    So appropriate that this was posted in a thread revolving around James's confirmation for Coachella as opposed to a thread revolving around various artists being rumored/confirmed for Coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    In his defense I do remember there being an upsurge of black coworker on white coworker exlaxings in LA after Rodney King.

  15. #15
    Member zircona1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    1,378

    Default Re: James Confirmed for Coachella 2012

    Cool. I'll see them.

    They were supposed to be on the bill at this radio station fest I went to in '97 but they had to cancel. Also on the bill that day? Bloodhound Gang, Matchbox 20, L7, Social Distortion, and the Offspring.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

  16. #16
    Member tyles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Hollyweird, CA
    Posts
    2,240

    Default Re: James Confirmed for Coachella 2012

    Last time I saw James was during the Lollapolooza tour in 1997. They were playing between Julian & Damian Marley and Tricky early in the day, and the crowd was dead. Good set, but it ended with them telling the audience (who all awaiting Tool) to "WAKE THE FUCK UP!!!"

    Their set may have been better than Tool's, but it's hard to remember. It was nearly 15 years ago, and, to be fair, James didn't have video backdrops of elephants being electrocuted.
    Coachellas attended: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 (W1), 2013 (W1)

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Theme night listing:

    Thursday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Friday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Saturday Night: Woo, my parents let me out of the house!
    Sunday Night: Boo, I have to go back to my parent's house!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The level of sheer laziness and pure speculation and confusion about very easily found and well-known things that this board has gotten to is truly confounding.

  17. #17
    photoslut ivankay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stanton, Ca
    Posts
    7,915

    Default Re: James Confirmed for Coachella 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Hearing "Laid" in a Boston club at 1am with 500 other drunks screaming at the top of their lungs is one of my favorite music moments of all time.


    James is involved in one of my favorite musical moments too. i used to werk at a radio station called Mars FM in 91-92. we had a contest to go see James in San Diego where we took a bus full of winners. Problem was the club was 21 over and we had more than a few under. i volunteered to hang out on the bus with the underaged winners. During the show, one of the band's guys comes to the bus to tell us how bummed the band was they couldn't get into the show and he gave everyone shirts. He came back a little later and said they figured something out and led us all to the alley of the club where they propped open the double doors and let us watch from there. Before "Sit Down", Tim tells everyone in the club this song is for everyone in the alley. During the song, he gets off the stage, goes through the club and sits down in the alley with us singing "Oh sit down, oh sit down. Sit Down next to me!" Fucking magic.

    James? Fuck yeah.

  18. #18

    Default Re: James Confirmed for Coachella 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    So appropriate that this was posted in a thread revolving around James's confirmation for Coachella as opposed to a thread revolving around various artists being rumored/confirmed for Coachella.
    Whoa! My bad, had multiple tabs open and thought I was posting in the "2012 Lineup Confirmations/Rumors Thread." Very silly of me.

    James is great though, very psyched.
    Years in attendance: '07, '08, '09, '10

    2010 > 2007 >> 2008 >>> 2009

    Last.fm

  19. #19
    Member higgybaby23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Moline, IL
    Posts
    2,382

    Default Re: James Confirmed for Coachella 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post
    Last time I saw James was during the Lollapolooza tour in 1997. They were playing between Julian & Damian Marley and Tricky early in the day, and the crowd was dead. Good set, but it ended with them telling the audience (who all awaiting Tool) to "WAKE THE FUCK UP!!!"

    Their set may have been better than Tool's, but it's hard to remember. It was nearly 15 years ago, and, to be fair, James didn't have video backdrops of elephants being electrocuted.
    I saw the Phoenix stop of the 97 Lolla tour. Tricky had been deported by then, but The Prodigy headlined. That day I saw Snoop Dogg, Tool, Skeleton Key, The Lost Boyz, Prodigy and James.

  20. #20
    old school microcuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    lansing_mi
    Posts
    2,726

    Default Re: James Confirmed for Coachella 2012

    I was at the Mears MI show in 97. I don't seem to remember much from James but I know Failure was the first band (with an introduction by Maynard) and played to probably 40 people.

  21. #21
    Member hendrixfan143's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    1,696

    Default Re: James Confirmed for Coachella 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post


    James is involved in one of my favorite musical moments too. i used to werk at a radio station called Mars FM in 91-92. we had a contest to go see James in San Diego where we took a bus full of winners. Problem was the club was 21 over and we had more than a few under. i volunteered to hang out on the bus with the underaged winners. During the show, one of the band's guys comes to the bus to tell us how bummed the band was they couldn't get into the show and he gave everyone shirts. He came back a little later and said they figured something out and led us all to the alley of the club where they propped open the double doors and let us watch from there. Before "Sit Down", Tim tells everyone in the club this song is for everyone in the alley. During the song, he gets off the stage, goes through the club and sits down in the alley with us singing "Oh sit down, oh sit down. Sit Down next to me!" Fucking magic.

    James? Fuck yeah.
    I kind of love this song way too much

  22. #22

    Default Re: James Confirmed for Coachella 2012

    I was just about to ask "James who?" then realised it was just James.

  23. #23
    Member philabuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    146

    Default Re: James Confirmed for Coachella 2012

    With the Tom Petty rumors circulating, I've been considering skipping Coachella for the first time. James would make me change my mind.

  24. #24
    old school microcuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    lansing_mi
    Posts
    2,726

    Default Re: James Confirmed for Coachella 2012

    Yeah I would totally skip Coachella because of ONE band, too.

  25. #25

    Default Re: James Confirmed for Coachella 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by philabuster View Post
    With the Tom Petty rumors circulating, I've been considering skipping Coachella for the first time. James would make me change my mind.
    You would skip Coachella if Tom Petty was booked? Idiot...

    Coachella Weekend #1

  26. #26

    Default Re: James Confirmed for Coachella 2012

    Tom Petty would be 'aight. Better than Coldplay....

  27. #27
    Member AbundantChoice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    384

    Default Re: James Confirmed for Coachella 2012

    Totally random James Q:

    So I was crashing at a friend's place, and his roommate had some non-stop mix of stuff playing while I was trying to sleep. One of them was a live version of "Sit Down" that must have been played at a big venue, maybe a festival, where the audience sang along to the final "oh sit down, oh sit down oh sit down, sit down next to me, sit down, down down down dooooown" part near the end of the song...

    .... for a good five minutes. The whole band just stopped after a while and the audience just kept singing it. Over and over again.

    Thing is, it sounded awesome, and i've always wondered if anyone knew which bootleg or official recording or whatnot that might have come from?

  28. #28
    Member sacleonard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Elk Grove, CA
    Posts
    2,252

    Default Re: James Confirmed for Coachella 2012

    I saw them supporting Peter Gabriel's WOMAD tour. They were fantastic back in the day, so I am looking forward to seeing them again.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I'd rather see my own gruesome rape and subsequent beheading than see Rammstein.

  29. #29
    Coachella Junkie HandBanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere
    Posts
    8,206

    Default Re: James Confirmed for Coachella 2012

    Every year there is a British band that self-announces early and then never appears on the lineup it seems.

    Will this be James in 2012?
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

    Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

Similar Threads

  1. Iamamiwhoami Confirmed* for 2012
    By HedNoiZe801 in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-30-2011, 09:50 AM
  2. JAMES BLAKE 2012
    By dyltr0n3030 in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-24-2011, 06:27 PM
  3. James Murphy DJ Set 2012
    By Undies in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 08-12-2011, 04:53 PM
  4. James Blake for Coachella 2012
    By KidRobot in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-12-2011, 01:13 PM
  5. James Blake in 2012
    By jonesjupiter in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-09-2011, 12:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •