Page 1 of 26 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 762

Thread: Rage Against the Machine

  1. #1
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Rage Against the Machine

    I know this is a very polarizing subject but lets talk about Zack and the gang a bit. At Lollapalooza Zack went on some anti government rant and said if Obama is elected and doesn't pull out troops immediately instead of bringing them home in 16 months we need to burn down senate buildings or something. At least that's what I got from it but i'm sure someone can defend what he said and make his point more clear to me.

    Are they ever going to write a new song or just continue to tour on nostalgia? What do they think of people acting nuts at their shows and hurting eachother or themselves? I mean almost every show they do they have people either injuring eachother, others or causing police to tear gas and rubber bullet the crowd. Now, i'm against police brutality and I wasnt at the DNC show like Supre was but i've been to half a dozen rage shows and this time I finally wised up and passed. I like the music but their fans are the biggest douchebags on earth. I would argue even more dangerous than ICP fans.

    Zach is all about protesting the government and wasting energy on mummia abdul Jabbar of all people. I fear some day Zack is gonna get sick of all humans and order the crowd to kill eachother, and if they do, then what?

    I also heard that anywhere between 500-2000 of these fans busted down the gates of lolla and got in for free.

    I guess my complaint is not against the band at all but the fans who don't seem to be more than a box of rocks. Not all of them mind you but it is absolutely the majority of them at these shows. All this fuss over a band that hasn't played a new song in 10 years. Weird. It shows you the power they have though.

    What does everyone else thing abotu Ragerrr grrrr?

  2. #2
    Coachella Junkie Mr. Dylanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Nix
    Posts
    18,032

    Default Re: Rage Against the Machine

    Senior year in high school (at the peak of my angst) they were my favorite band on earth.

    Now, I couldn't care less....

  3. #3
    Member drowningmatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    730

    Default Re: Rage Against the Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    Senior year in high school (at the peak of my angst) they were my favorite band on earth.

    Now, I couldn't care less....
    Samezies

  4. #4
    Member jigsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    A Forest
    Posts
    1,403

    Default Re: Rage Against the Machine

    Self titled album is great. I'll listen to it anytime. Their shows are cool and you 're a pussy if you can't hang. Rollout! I was able to handle Lolla and Slayer pits when I was 15. If its too tuff...surf it out.

    I was in high school when rage bursted on the scene and they always had mass appeal.

    No one is going to kill some one just because Zack Dela tells them to.

  5. #5
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: Rage Against the Machine

    I just don't understand the grrr were gonna burn down the world grrrr message. I don't understand all the drunken white middle class violence and anger. They appear to be ready to date rape at any moment and if they are drunk enough they will probably violate anyone or any species.

  6. #6
    old school zenidogx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    5,125

    Default Re: Rage Against the Machine

    yeah, i only graduated high school a year ago and people still were into Rage. but only very few of them knew that Che was more than just a face on a shirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

  7. #7
    Member jigsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    A Forest
    Posts
    1,403

    Default Re: Rage Against the Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by drowningmatt View Post
    Samezies
    Samerzies

  8. #8
    Member jigsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    A Forest
    Posts
    1,403

    Default Re: Rage Against the Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    I just don't understand the grrr were gonna burn down the world grrrr message. I don't understand all the drunken white middle class violence and anger. They appear to be ready to date rape at any moment and if they are drunk enough they will probably violate anyone or any species.


    I think those two things have nothing to do with each other (rages' message and white middle class violence and anger).

  9. #9
    DJ SallyBear sbessiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    27,752

    Default Re: Rage Against the Machine

    I just can never get into them. It's angry noise to me. I'm not a Hater though, I can dig why people like them. There's a big difference between not liking and Hating
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

  10. #10
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: Rage Against the Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by jigsaw View Post
    Self titled album is great. I'll listen to it anytime. Their shows are cool and you 're a pussy if you can't hang. Rollout! I was able to handle Lolla and Slayer pits when I was 15. If its too tuff...surf it out.

    See, that's what I mean. I'm not a pussy if I can't hang. In fact no one is a pussy if they can't hang because the crowd is so fucking violent people get taken away in ambulances. You are a fucking tool for thinking someone is a pussy if they hang because they are being crushed. Zack had to stop the show multiple times because of injuries. That's fucked up. You all have something in common, the music so why hurt eachother or be so violent people get hurt. What about chicks who like rage? Should they not be there because the music is meant to be some frat boy thrash fast where anything goes?

    I was in high school when rage bursted on the scene and they always had mass appeal.

    No one is going to kill some one just because Zack Dela tells them to.
    I would bet money if in the midst of the chaos Zach commanded people to go fuck up the police, a bunch of meatheads would head over and attack. You underestimate what his fans would do for him. I don't think he would ever tell anyone to do so but IF he did, it's guaranteed someone would follow. That's not the bands fault either, I blame the meathead fans and there are a lot of them. The fans are flat out rude to other artists that perform prior to them as well. Ask the bands who played before Rage on the AT&T stage what type of response they got from the die hards that camped all day to see Rage.

  11. #11
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,687

    Default Re: Rage Against the Machine

    ive seen them 4 times. never been hurt, never been involved in a riot and never seen a riot take place because of their show. and i mosh.

    if you talk to the fans, they really arent assholes for the most part. they're just really excited to see a band they like. and the band has a lot of angry energy. yes, like in every group, there is always a bunch of rotten apples, but lets point fingers, not paint with a broad brush.

    the first time i saw them i fell twice and was immediately helped up. the last time I saw them, i helped two people get up and stayed with one guy for most of their opening song because he thought he might pass out. im a big fan.

    about new music. yes please. i am getting sick of seeing them and they not having new material.

  12. #12
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: Rage Against the Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by jigsaw View Post
    I think those two things have nothing to do with each other (rages' message and white middle class violence and anger).

    Well they have one thing in common. The fan base is definitely white middle class so apparently Zack's message isn't reaching the right audience?

  13. #13
    DJ SallyBear sbessiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    27,752

    Default Re: Rage Against the Machine

    Plus, I never got into rap-metal
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

  14. #14
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: Rage Against the Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    ive seen them 4 times. never been hurt, never been involved in a riot and never seen a riot take place because of their show. and i mosh.

    if you talk to the fans, they really arent assholes for the most part. they're just really excited to see a band they like. and the band has a lot of angry energy. yes, like in every group, there is always a bunch of rotten apples, but lets point fingers, not paint with a broad brush.
    The broad brush isn't exactly being used. Not ever single person but I will continue to argue a majority of them are the meatheads we all have seen at these shows and all discuss. you may not get hurt and that's great but someone almost always does. People who like their music aren't all assholes.
    There are a lot of assholes at Rage shows though. Every single one I have seen has been dangerous to a greater degree than any other artist I have seen.

    the first time i saw them i fell twice and was immediately helped up. the last time I saw them, i helped two people get up and stayed with one guy for most of their opening song because he thought he might pass out. im a big fan.
    That's great and that's the type of fan experience you should expect. People getting crushed and some getting to physical is still a problem though. If people are being taken away by ambulance there is a problem.

  15. #15
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,687

    Default Re: Rage Against the Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Well they have one thing in common. The fan base is definitely white middle class so apparently Zack's message isn't reaching the right audience?
    im not white. and at coachella i saw countless latinos pointing at their brown skin during "down rodeo"

  16. #16
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: Rage Against the Machine

    All I know is the majority of folks at the shows I have been too are white and angry. I don't think I stated anywhere that every single rage fan is white though. That we can agree on. Certainly from what I have seen, the whole bro, frat boy, shirtless thugs stereotype comes from somewhere and it's from those types of folks. The angry drunk white shirtless guys. Maybe the latinos and blacks and asians that love rage just aren't as violent and douchey though. There is certainly a portion of the crowd at every show I have been to that lacks respect for those around them and intelligence. It's mostly the shirtless white guys.

  17. #17
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,687

    Default Re: Rage Against the Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    There is certainly a portion of the crowd at every show I have been to that lacks respect for those around them and intelligence. It's mostly the shirtless white guys.
    considering my experience, i cant really argue this.

  18. #18
    Coachella Junkie BlackSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the danger zone
    Posts
    14,858

    Default Re: Rage Against the Machine

    they are nothing like they used to be... downhill after Evil Empire. although back in the day (90's) they were awesome.
    .

  19. #19
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: Rage Against the Machine

    See, I disagree. The show at Coachella was exactly the same as the shows I saw at the Tibetan Freesom Concert and the Aragon Ball Room in Chicago in the mid and late 90's. How have they gone downhill? The musical talent is the same, hell the god damned setlist hasn't changed save the songs that came out after Evil I suppose.

  20. #20
    Member jigsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    A Forest
    Posts
    1,403

    Default Re: Rage Against the Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    See, that's what I mean. I'm not a pussy if I can't hang. In fact no one is a pussy if they can't hang because the crowd is so fucking violent people get taken away in ambulances. You are a fucking tool for thinking someone is a pussy if they hang because they are being crushed. Zack had to stop the show multiple times because of injuries. That's fucked up. You all have something in common, the music so why hurt eachother or be so violent people get hurt. What about chicks who like rage? Should they not be there because the music is meant to be some frat boy thrash fast where anything goes?
    Okay, I'm a tool for telling you how I feel about it?

    It is the individuals’ fault. If people are starting to be assholes around you then you should move, for your own sake. You've heard the rumors, you can see the crowd, and you should be able to realize when the situation is too much for you to handle. Seriously what are some of those kids and girls thinking even going into those pits?

    TAPOUT

  21. #21
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: Rage Against the Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by jigsaw View Post
    Okay, I'm a tool for telling you how I feel about it?
    You are a tool for calling someone a pussy for not being able to hang with a crowd that is crushing them to death.

    It is the individuals’ fault. If people are starting to be assholes around you then you should move, for your own sake. You've heard the rumors, you can see the crowd, and you should be able to realize when the situation is too much for you to handle. Seriously what are some of those kids and girls thinking even going into those pits?

    TAPOUT
    That's like saying it's not the murderers or the person committing assaults fault, it's the victims fault for being in the situation. Great logic.

  22. #22
    Member jigsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    A Forest
    Posts
    1,403

    Default Re: Rage Against the Machine

    Anyways the punks who started the fire behind me at Vegoose were a little out of control. But do you think my lady was still standing there by that time? NO, She said "I am going to go sit by the fence" once it got too crowded for her to handle.

  23. #23
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,687

    Default Re: Rage Against the Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by jigsaw View Post
    Okay, I'm a tool for telling you how I feel about it?

    It is the individuals’ fault. If people are starting to be assholes around you then you should move, for your own sake. You've heard the rumors, you can see the crowd, and you should be able to realize when the situation is too much for you to handle. Seriously what are some of those kids and girls thinking even going into those pits?

    TAPOUT
    this thinking is responsible and simply WRONG. when you see a situation you dont like, you change it to your liking. you do this by constantly complaining and trying to pass law.

  24. #24
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: Rage Against the Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by jigsaw View Post
    Anyways the punks who started the fire behind me at Vegoose were a little out of control. But do you think my lady was still standing there by that time? NO, She said "I am going to go sit by the fence" once it got too crowded for her to handle.

    Sounds like a wonderful concert experience for your lady. What a pussy she must be. *LOL*

    If your chick can't hang why the fuck you bringing her to a Rage show?

  25. #25
    Member jigsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    A Forest
    Posts
    1,403

    Default Re: Rage Against the Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    You are a tool for calling someone a pussy for not being able to hang with a crowd that is crushing them to death.
    this is all assumption on your part anyways, right. i thought you said you skipped rage this weekend.

    Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    That's like saying it's not the murderers or the person committing assaults fault, it's the victims fault for being in the situation. Great logic.
    Well when the victim has every opportunity to get away from the situation, then yeah, it's their fault. They are putting themselves in the situation.

    And this situation isn't that rough, please.

  26. #26
    Member jigsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    A Forest
    Posts
    1,403

    Default Re: Rage Against the Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Sounds like a wonderful concert experience for your lady. What a pussy she must be. *LOL*

    If your chick can't hang why the fuck you bringing her to a Rage show?
    Hommie,

    She is some damn fine pussy at that! The show was Vegoose and she wanted to see Muse and Ghostland. Anyways she still saw Rage. She was just in a more comfortable spot in the grass with a brewskie.

    Jigga

  27. #27
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: Rage Against the Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by jigsaw View Post
    this is all assumption on your part anyways, right. i thought you said you skipped rage this weekend.
    Good point, so I shouldn't believe the hundreds of reviews written about the show being stopped more than once and why it was stopped. All speculation. I'm assuming everyone made up the same story to make the bands fans look bad. Damn Rage fans always making up stories about violence at shows. I must have hallucinated the same experiences at the previous shows I attended as well.

    Well when the victim has every opportunity to get away from the situation, then yeah, it's their fault. They are putting themselves in the situation.

    And this situation isn't that rough, please.
    You are right. It's all made up. I'm also sure it's simple to get out of a crowd of 40 thousand or so people squished in one spot. Brilliant observations. I must not have a single clue about concerts or what a Rage show is like. I just assumed all of this stuff.

  28. #28
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: Rage Against the Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by jigsaw View Post
    Hommie,

    She is some damn fine pussy at that! The show was Vegoose and she wanted to see Muse and Ghostland. Anyways she still saw Rage. She was just in a more comfortable spot in the grass with a brewskie.

    Jigga
    The grass with a brewskie? ahhahahah what a pussy omg loollllers

  29. #29
    Banned marooko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    In your mouth!
    Posts
    19,687

    Default Re: Rage Against the Machine

    you're not assuming, you're over exaggerating. anyone who's been to ANY rock show knows that the pit area can be overwhelming. if you dont know that after the first time, you're either dumb or.....

  30. #30
    Member jigsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    A Forest
    Posts
    1,403

    Default Re: Rage Against the Machine

    Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    The grass with a brewskie? ahhahahah what a pussy omg loollllers
    I wasn't trying to type a goddamn novel. Sorry, if my words offended you. : ) I think you get my point though.

Similar Threads

  1. this is not rage against the machine
    By jonnyinchains in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 07-13-2007, 04:38 PM
  2. Rage Against the Machine.....
    By RageAgainstTheMachine in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 06:36 AM
  3. Rage Against the Machine DVD?
    By lowfront in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-25-2007, 05:23 PM
  4. Rage Against The Machine vs. Air
    By Eggbird in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 02-12-2007, 08:45 PM
  5. RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE!!!
    By thedudeowner in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-09-2007, 12:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •