Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: I love it when you call me Coa-Chel...La

  1. #1
    Member yeahfontaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    1,282

    Default I love it when you call me Coa-Chel...La

    You know that moment when you're watching an artist you love and you think it couldn't get any better and then those momentous words come out of his or her mouth, calling us, the audience, the collective moniker of Coachella? You're no longer Fontaine or Jeff or Josaphat. You're Coachella, along with hundreds or thousands of other people. Tell us about those times.

    My favorite time was in '10 when Beth Ditto's first words to us were "Hello Coachella!" from backstage. We couldn't even see her yet and that awesome voice rang out, letting us know we were now all one thing and that one thing was our beloved Coachella and we were all about to witness the same amazing show as one collective. Magic.

  2. #2
    Member Premium Roast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    there is no escape
    Posts
    897

    Default Re: I love it when you call me Coa-Chel...La

    no, not really
    100% Caffeinated

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    108

    Default Re: I love it when you call me Coa-Chel...La

    I like that you have placed some importance around this act, but I always see it as the worst kind of pandering. One "How you feeling, COACHELLA?!?" is OK I guess, but I get a little nausea when they start rolling out "We're so honored to Coachella this Coachella festival, it's really a Coachella experience for us, Coachellians!"

  4. #4
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,671

    Default Re: I love it when you call me Coa-Chel...La

    Toteschella brah

  5. #5
    Member Vic Viper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    PHX
    Posts
    1,761

    Default Re: I love it when you call me Coa-Chel...La

    no usually i see it as a cheap gimmick to get the crowd engaged.

    however when julian from presets said "there's 30 seconds of coachella left for us" at the end of sunday and added the emphasis to "my people" to indicate us the crowd and gave a final "cooooachellaaaa!" as they went into the last chorus of the song...

    fucking chills.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

  6. #6

    Default Re: I love it when you call me Coa-Chel...La

    Nobody says Coachella quite like Perry Ferrel.

  7. #7
    Member fetuspiniata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Icky Phoenix
    Posts
    648

    Default Re: I love it when you call me Coa-Chel...La

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    no usually i see it as a cheap gimmick to get the crowd engaged.

    however when julian from presets said "there's 30 seconds of coachella left for us" at the end of sunday and added the emphasis to "my people" to indicate us the crowd and gave a final "cooooachellaaaa!" as they went into the last chorus of the song...

    fucking chills.
    THIS

  8. #8
    old school Fourthisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    3,139

    Default Re: I love it when you call me Coa-Chel...La

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    no usually i see it as a cheap gimmick to get the crowd engaged.

    however when julian from presets said "there's 30 seconds of coachella left for us" at the end of sunday and added the emphasis to "my people" to indicate us the crowd and gave a final "cooooachellaaaa!" as they went into the last chorus of the song...

    fucking chills.
    Hell yes that was a great moment. Julian knows how to make the crowd eat out of his hand like he's made out of tasty pudding.

  9. #9
    old school ThatGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,910

    Default Re: I love it when you call me Coa-Chel...La

    I have to admit I loved it when Robyn called it out, because she seemed to have true passion and was overwhelmed by the crowd when she said it. That was the only time I remember hearing it during the whole weekend so it did stand out for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  10. #10
    Member g1zzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    75

    Default Re: I love it when you call me Coa-Chel...La

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    no usually i see it as a cheap gimmick to get the crowd engaged.

    however when julian from presets said "there's 30 seconds of coachella left for us" at the end of sunday and added the emphasis to "my people" to indicate us the crowd and gave a final "cooooachellaaaa!" as they went into the last chorus of the song...

    fucking chills.
    I just got the chills again. I fucking love it.

  11. #11
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    20,776

    Default Re: I love it when you call me Coa-Chel...La

    It is a fun word to yell. I do it randomly in the streets through out the year. It's quite freeing.

  12. #12
    Member rjadams90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    WakkaWakka
    Posts
    567

    Default Re: I love it when you call me Coa-Chel...La

    It was pretty rad when Jova did it.
    2010 * 2011 * 2012.1 * 2013.2

  13. #13
    old school greghead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    5,975

    Default Re: I love it when you call me Coa-Chel...La

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    no usually i see it as a cheap gimmick to get the crowd engaged.

    however when julian from presets said "there's 30 seconds of coachella left for us" at the end of sunday and added the emphasis to "my people" to indicate us the crowd and gave a final "cooooachellaaaa!" as they went into the last chorus of the song...

    fucking chills.
    Oh man, yes. Thinking back to that moment may or may not just have hardened my nipples.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I'm sorry, it's hard for me to understand you from all the way up here on the Legend Tier. What was that?

  14. #14
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,632

    Default Re: I love it when you call me Coa-Chel...La

    Perfect way to end the weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?



    The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Thee Silver MT. Zion Orchestra - 4/22 - The Mohawk
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

  15. #15
    Member Timestretch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    761

    Default Re: I love it when you call me Coa-Chel...La

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    no usually i see it as a cheap gimmick to get the crowd engaged.

    however when julian from presets said "there's 30 seconds of coachella left for us" at the end of sunday and added the emphasis to "my people" to indicate us the crowd and gave a final "cooooachellaaaa!" as they went into the last chorus of the song...

    fucking chills.
    His voice and those words go through my head every time I listen to My People since that moment.

  16. #16
    Member insbordnat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In a blazing inferno
    Posts
    1,724

    Default Re: I love it when you call me Coa-Chel...La

    Quote Originally Posted by rjadams90 View Post
    It was pretty rad when Jova did it.
    Who the fuck is Jova? You mean Hova?
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

  17. #17
    Member kananilove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Huntington Beach
    Posts
    87

    Default Re: I love it when you call me Coa-Chel...La

    i love being a part of the coachella cult
    Last edited by kananilove; 01-04-2012 at 04:48 PM.

  18. #18
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    209
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: I love it when you call me Coa-Chel...La

    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    no usually i see it as a cheap gimmick to get the crowd engaged.

    however when julian from presets said "there's 30 seconds of coachella left for us" at the end of sunday and added the emphasis to "my people" to indicate us the crowd and gave a final "cooooachellaaaa!" as they went into the last chorus of the song...

    fucking chills.
    That was a perfect way to tie up the end of the festival.

  19. #19
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,904

    Default Re: I love it when you call me Coa-Chel...La

    I hate the title of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

  20. #20
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,419

    Default Re: I love it when you call me Coa-Chel...La

    Co-uh-chella

  21. #21
    Coachella Junkie M Sparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    12,113

    Default Re: I love it when you call me Coa-Chel...La

    Nobody mentioned Prince? (Other than the allusion in the title?)
    The Tinychat password is coache11a

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiloka View Post
    Share the art bus to enhance the festival... can be used as stage for band ...
    I can also come early and help set up ...
    How can you say no to this offer, Goldenvoice?

  22. #22

    Default Re: I love it when you call me Coa-Chel...La

    Yelle with her french accent coo-sche-llá

  23. #23
    Member yeahfontaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    1,282

    Default Re: I love it when you call me Coa-Chel...La

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    I hate the title of this thread.
    Do you really? I waited to post it for literally 3 months because I thought it was so good and wanted more people to be able to respond to my awesome thread. You get that it's a play on "I love it when you call me Big Poppa," right?

    Hurt feelings.

    Edit: Yeah, I guess the "a" fucked it up and made it sound like Sir Paul's pronunciation, like Co-uh-chella. But I couldn't figure out anywhere else to put the goddamn letter because then I would've spelled 'coachella' wrong. C'est la vie.
    Last edited by yeahfontaine; 01-06-2012 at 08:32 AM.

  24. #24
    Member ENluv12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    A whales vagina
    Posts
    2,090

    Default Re: I love it when you call me Coa-Chel...La

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahfontaine View Post
    Do you really? I waited to post it for literally 3 months because I thought it was so good and wanted more people to be able to respond to my awesome thread. You get that it's a play on "I love it when you call me Big Poppa," right?

    Hurt feelings.

    Edit: Yeah, I guess the "a" fucked it up and made it sound like Sir Paul's pronunciation, like Co-uh-chella. But I couldn't figure out anywhere else to put the goddamn letter because then I would've spelled 'coachella' wrong. C'est la vie.
    haha that is something I would do.
    Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    Silent discos are like having sex with a virgin: really exciting in theory, extremely awkward in execution.
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I bet Cara's gotten enough Twats on a Platter and Dick on a Stick to open her own Trolls to Go snack shop.

  25. #25

    Default Re: I love it when you call me Coa-Chel...La

    I didn't see Steve Angello's set in 2011 but I have a feeling he completely killed any "magic" that these moments can have.

    "WHAT'S UP COACHELLA, MY NAME IS STEVE ANGELLO FROM THE SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA, MAKE SOME FUCKING NOISEEEEEEEE"

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-23-2011, 02:20 PM
  2. love dancing,love sports,love fashion!
    By tree1221 in forum Polls
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 09:54 PM
  3. A Love Letter From Hercules & Love Affair
    By nationocean in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 12:56 PM
  4. Our Love Is Bigger Then Your Love (WISH LIST)
    By hubbertandtdcb in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 12:08 PM
  5. Brad...have some Man Man Love Love
    By Tylerdurden31 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-20-2007, 01:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •