Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1534

Thread: Hey. Wanna Come Over and Listen to Music aka The Bay Area Record Club Thread

Default Re: Hey. Wanna Come Over and Listen to Music aka The Bay Area Record Club Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    It is true that you're a dumb cunt, but I can't disagree with this. Also... FUCK THESE PEOPLE. Who cares what some internet gang thinks of you? Go to literally any other public forum, and you'll find the same people running the same games. It's nothing special at all.

Xan, you have nothing to prove to these people. That you even try shows how ill informed you are to social circumstance. Let it go, brah. You'll find amazing people at the show who would never use this message board, knowing what kind of people are most frequently posting here. That, or be happy to be the internet guppy swimming with the sharks. Those are your immediate choices, coming from the only person on this message board who seems to tolerate you.
    This. Exactly. Why is this guy so desperate to be liked and accepted? We are fucking assholes who have no interest in being friends with the vast majority of you folks. We are elitist pricks and that's fine by me. I know there are tons of people who want nothing to do with me, so I dont' bother chasing them around, asking to be friends. I just make my own friends. Want to hang out and listen to records and all that? Invite your friends over to listen to records. Start your own group that's not filled with assholes. This group has and will continue to be a pre-existing group of friends who use this "club" as an excuse to get us all together in the same room with beer, smoke & loud music.

I'm sorry that feelings were hurt, but I'm not obligated to let anyone & everyone come over and hang out at my house. Ever. That's non-negotiable, and pissing and crying about it just confirms to me that you're fucking weird and that I made the right decision in barring your presence.

Get a fucking grip.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Default Re: Hey. Wanna Come Over and Listen to Music aka The Bay Area Record Club Thread

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    It's pathetic that the so called "leader" of this club turned out to be such a sheep. I expected a real man out of you Greg.
    What, you wanted me to be "a man" and acquiesce to YOUR wishes instead of my own? Get fucking stabbed, man. Cara and I started this group and we decided in no uncertain terms that you and a couple other weirdos were not welcome. That came from the top. From the "leaders." Again, get stabbed.

EDIT: And it's "so-called." Gotta get the hyphen in there.

/grammar nazi

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

HOLY SHIT, WHY AM I SEEING WHAT ZAFO POSTED. HEY ASSHOLES.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

/Yawn

Seriously you guys should come over. I've got every Red Hot Chilli Peppers album on vinyl. We will have such a great listen together forever.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Years Attended: 2007, 2010, 2011, 2012

Any and all of you losers can come by my house anytime. I just may not let you in the door. You can pee in the corner and drink beer on my front lawn though.

Good meeting today. Lots of good stuff played.

Michael Jackson - Thriller b/w The Jacksons - Things I Do For You (live) 7"
    Michael Jackson - Wanna Be Startin' Something b/w Rock With You (live) 7"
    Michael Jackson - Beat It b/w Burn This Disco Out 7"
    Micheal Jackson - Billie Jean b/w It's the Falling In Love 7"
    The Good, The Bad & The Queen - Herculean b/w Mr. Whippy 7"
    The Good, The Bad & The Queen - Green Fields b/w England, Summer 7"
    The Good, The Bad & The Queen - Green Fields b/w ? 7"
    The Good, The Bad & The Queen - Kingdom of Doom b/w The Good, The Bad & The Queen (Live at the Tabernacle) 7"
    The Good, The Bad & The Queen - Kingdom of Doom b/w Start Point (Sketches of Devon) 7"
    Jack White - Freedom at 21 b/w Inaccessible Mystery 7"
    Jack White - Sixteen Saltines b/w Love is Blindness 7"
    Jack White - Love Interruption b/w Machine Gun Silhouette 7"

Here is where things get hazy. Heidi played ... Racerboy? I don't know. I remember it being a little post-punky. Little help here, girl.

The Clash - Black Market Clash 10"
    Then Ed played some Gorillaz singles
    Portishead - Third (sides A & B)
    My Bloody Valentine - M B V (side A)

Can't Post anymore. bummer Zafocaine's Avatar

That actually sounds super fucking pathetic, in a cool kid sort of way. Makes me want to break out the vinyl for a spell. Haven't heard "You Know My Name (Look Up The Number)" in ages. Campy good fun.

I would love to hear all the damon albarn stuff and also The Clashes's BLACK MARKET Bankrobber is such a good song...also Rancid does a good cover of Cheat.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Jack White @ Bill .... 08/22/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Hell yeah, Zack, "Bank Robber" is my jam. And it linked up nicely with the Albarn stuff with the presence of Paul Simonon. Fun stuff.

Screw you greghead I've been on this board a week and you didn't even invite me. Others in my life find me enjoyable .
    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=IWTMuY8Ix1w

Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    It's pathetic that the so called "leader" of this club turned out to be such a sheep. I expected a real man out of you Greg.
    I am tired of trying to give you the benefit of doubt. Your posts are awful, and if you think your behavior in person doesn't resemble your board behavior, you are gravely mistaken. Just because people are polite to you in person and tolerate your behavior, it does not mean they are your friends or owe you friendship. That is what bothers me about this the most -- that when it's made clear to you that a person doesn't like you, you insist on forcing the issue, as if whining about being disliked to the people who dislike you will somehow make them reconsider. You are only further alienating yourself. Everyone who complains about your behavior is complaining about the same things. You don't think you're being a bore. We do. So it only makes sense that you hang out with people that don't feel that way about you.

You're a dick for trying to insult Greg over this. This wasn't about you, but since you're going to make it about you, it can be about you. You weren't welcome. But the change in the record club wasn't about not welcoming you, but about Greg having spent a year opening his house to anyone from the internet and hosting them and feeding them every month. It was very generous of him to do it as long as he did, and if he doesn't want to do that any more, it's his prerogative. Frankly, most of us wouldn't have been nice enough to do it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Here is where things get hazy. Heidi played ... Racerboy? I don't know. I remember it being a little post-punky. Little help here, girl.
    Blueboy - Marco Polo b/ What Do People Do All Day? (<--- this is one of my favorite bands ever)
    Boyracer - Live on WAMH (Amherst '96) 7"

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    Frankly, most of us wouldn't have been nice enough to do it in the first place.
    Really? You seem like the nicest club of people around...I fucking love the thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieRobot View Post
    Really? You seem like the nicest club of people around...I fucking love the thread title.
    Actually, everyone in this group is insanely nice & generous. We've just no time for weirdos.

Hey, everyone, forward command post has relocated.
    Last edited by greghead; 03-11-2013 at 02:08 AM.

I want to know what those Gorillaz D sides were cus they were awesome.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

I do as well, those tracks were great. Little help, Ed?

Actually, everyone in this group is insanely nice & generous. We've just no time for weirdos.
    Get fucking stabbed, man.
    Again, get stabbed.
    You wished for someone to get stabbed.

If you think being on the internet excuses the way you and your group treat people, then you are very wrong. So far all of you just look like a bunch of bigot hipsters. You've mentioned each others real names personally in this thread. You've taken a public Coachella forum and tried to turn it into a private place for you and your buddies. Except you don't have the power to do that. You only have the power to insult people and try to run them out of this public place. Go take your group updates somewhere private if you aren't accepting the public anymore.

EDIT: And it's "so-called." Gotta get the hyphen in there.

/grammar nazi
    PS.Admitting you are a grammar Nazi is basically admitting you like to stroke your e-peen. Seriously, you try to say you are nice but equate yourself to some form of a Nazi.

Zombie, I am open to a flesh eating vinyl session at your pad in the South Bay. I enjoy being feasted upon.

Also, no one ever tried to turn the whole public forum into a private group, you dumb zombierobot. This is one thread. Eat me, asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Also, no one ever tried to turn the whole public forum into a private group, you dumb zombierobot. This is one thread. Eat me, asshole.
    One private thread getting bumped in a public forum with this kind of public inviting title. I am moving back to the Bay Area soon and saw this thread. So I go to the end since there are updates, and this is the kind of group I find. Go somewhere private since you are all IRL buddies now. Also telling a zombie, let alone one that is also a robot, to eat you, is not the wisest plan.

I genuinely wish you would devour me whole so I don't have to put up with any of you people's incessant whining anymore. Seriously. We're probably neighbors, I'll let you know what routes I go jogging on, and you can plan your attack accordingly.

Everyone who feels like they're being excluded needs to shut the fuck up, you're not entitled to anything.

Zombie, yes this is a public board just like how this is a public thread. If it wasn't public then me nor you wouldn't be able to post in this thread. You are commenting on the way they are treating xanman. Well regardless of how you perceive it (which I do agree it can be harsh at times) have you ever stopped and thought maybe there is a reason why they are treating him like it? Hell I'm sure if you comb this board you can find many reasons to join them in it. Lastly BARC did start out as a public thing a year ago when Greghead and Guedita started it. If you look back they were excepting of even new posters such as yourself, and if you were in the bay area then I'm sure they would have even let yo be part of it. but after a year of allowing people in to his house he may have never before he has every right to stop letting new people in. Yeah I guess they could move it so it's just them who can read it but seeing as there is already this thread and it is the central info area it doesn't really make any sense does it? I don't live in the Bay Area nor part of this group but come on zombie try to use some common sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Well this is a public forum so looks like you have to put up with it. I gotta raise my post count somehow! Either that or y'all could listen to my Blondie - Heart of Glass vinyl single all day. I don't really know though if I can trust such a limited collectors item around such people though.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    If you look back they were excepting of even new posters such as yourself, and if you were in the bay area then I'm sure they would have even let yo be part of it.
    Potential membership barred for gross spelling errors.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    but come on zombie try to use some common sense.
    I'm not going to go all Hardy Boys on this and investigate post history since I'm not a mod, but I do see these recent posts. I am using all the sense I have that people are being extremely vulgar and rude. I might not have posted here much nor been here as long as other people, but I do believe this forum should be a community of respect for Coachella goers/observers. There are a few members, most of the members of the group represented by this thread, speaking absolute vulgar trash to another member. And that I hate and for that I want them to move their discussion elsewhere and think its not too much to ask. Less they constantly want to insult people asking to join. Showing outsiders a horrible aspect of this forum stifling the community in the process.

Oh, yeah. You know absolute shit about this message board then. Welcome!

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Just because it's a public forum doesn't mean shit. Look, Greg and I are friends, but even if I lived in the Bay Area I know he'd never let me attend because I'd bang his girlfriend. We both know this. So we meet in other circumstances. In Xanman's case, him and Greg aren't friends but Greg doesn't want to be humiliated in front of his girlfriend by her thinking that he would possibly associate with people like that. And rightly so.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Seriously now does anyone just want to smoke some trees and have a giant hug out? I promise I'll try not to eat anyone.