Page 13 of 52 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey. Wanna Come Over and Listen to Music aka The Bay Area Record Club Thread

Default Re: Hey. Wanna Come Over and Listen to Music aka The Bay Area Record Club Thread

Oh, I have some of them CD. Just only one vinyl.

Edit: Actually I don't even have that much on CD, it appears... I have Pulp, Mazzy Star, Atari Teenage Riot, Radiohead, probably a few others?)

And verdict is that I could probably come over for a bit on the 7th, I think I'd need to leave by 6?
    Last edited by chiapet; 03-29-2012 at 01:16 PM.

Default Re: Hey. Wanna Come Over and Listen to Music aka The Bay Area Record Club Thread

The 7th is a Saturday, yeah? That should be cool, Saturdays start and end earlier than weeknights because I have to kick you all out at 7 or 8 so I can nap before work.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I'm still waiting for Jack White to finally admit that he invented the guitar.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

I think you need to update the original post. you're no longer 28.

The coachella artist theme really bores me but whatevs
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Well, me too, but most people are excited about Coachella.

I bought a turntable today finally! Need to play with it a bit more as it's not quite set up just right, but in the mean time, I'm ready to host Prince or Cure only record club nights.

Damn. I can't make it to the meet up on the 7th without a car, and it looks like I'm going to have to rent one for Jeff Mangum on the 10th so I was hoping to swing by en route to that. Oh well. And no, I can't afford to rent a car for three days, too expensive.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

I'm also open to meeting up on the 10th. I is flexible, ooh yeah.
    8/07 LeMaitre @ The Rickshaw Stop (?)
    8/08-8/10 Outside Lands #5
    8/11 NONONO @ GAMH
    8/23 NIN and Soundgarden @ Shoreline
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/10 Woman's Hour @ the Rickshaw Stop
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rfs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    The coachella artist theme really bores me but whatevs
    Haha, then maybe contribute a little bit and suggest a theme you do like. Or sit this one out, I don't really care either way. These aren't mandatory, if you're not excited there's no sense in forcing yourself

Quote Originally Posted by fikus222 View Post
    I'm also open to meeting up on the 10th. I is flexible, ooh yeah.
    I'm down with the 10th as well. Lee, what time is the Mangum show? If we move it to Tuesday, will you be there?

And Heidi, I'm psyched you got a table, what kind is it? And now, a couple of you have mentioned hosting meetings and I'm open to the idea, but I will need some reassurance. This is my baby that I conceived, birthed, and nurtured, and now that it's alive and cute and walking around everyone wants to babysit. That's a big step for me; I'm not ready to send my baby for overnights with relatives. I just need a bit of time, I'll come around.

Well, I think the right thing to do is to have you over to my place sometime,* and see if you approve of my set up. It's definitely not as good as yours, though.

I got the Debut III, I'm waiting for the Speed Box to come in next week so I don't have to manually change speed between 33 1/3 & 45 RPM. It sounds decent, I may look at upgrading to the acrylic platter, and replacing the cartridge with something better once it needs to be replaced.

Actually the way it's set up would make it very difficult for multiple people to be playing stuff -- I had to stick it between shelves on my entertainment center for now, and while I can easily play records with that set up, I feel like other people are going to end up scratching records or otherwise fucking stuff up due to the way I have things set up.

*and make fried chicken again. Yes, I'm presumptuous.
    Last edited by chiapet; 03-31-2012 at 02:01 AM.

HAHAHA! Yes. I will definitely make us more fried chicken. I'm finally getting decent results, but I still need a lot more practice with my cast iron.

I like your set-up, I'm sure your table is just great. I know Salah wants to host, too, which would also be cool. I'm just overprotective of people and things I really care about, and BARC/our little friendship circle is one of those things.

Well I'm not ready to host yet, we're still working on a living room setup etc. Ill holler when the time comes
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Yea, I was kind of kidding, I'm not ready yet to open an invitation to anyone on the board.

I need to come up with a better place for people to smoke before I host any more big parties, I think.

Well, I'd be picking up the car around 3, so I could get to the city by 5 (even if I get a little lost) and the show's at 8 so it all depends on what time everyone would be getting there.

Also, I know I'm a bit out of the way insofar as a meet-up is concerned, but if you all wanted a change of scenery I think I could host one of the record club meet-ups. Unless, like, 20 people showed up or something.
    Last edited by PassiveTheory; 03-31-2012 at 09:04 AM.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    Well I'm not ready to host yet, we're still working on a living room setup etc. Ill holler when the time comes
    Let us know and we'll figure it out.

Lee, show is at 8 or doors at 8? Because show at 8 means you wouldn't be able to stick around very long. My house is easy to find, though, a mile off 19th ave (reached via 280 north. You'll see what I mean when you map it). However, I live way the fuck away from everything and it will take you a good 30 mins or more to get to the Warfield or wherever, combined with finding parking downtown. We'll figure it out. Although, on weekdays, people don't start showing up until 5 or 6 because they have real jobs, apparently. You could probably stay for an hour or more.

The show is in Oakland (at the Fox), and unless you want to pay for parking, you might need to drive around a bit. IMO, it's a stretch to try to get to record club that day. (I'm going to Mangum, and I wouldn't try to go to record club that night).

Did someone say fried chicken

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

I've been thinking about that chicken a lot. Also that first pizza (the one with garlic instead of tomato sauce) was exceptionally good.

So hungry

When do I get to curate a night?

Oh.Snap.

Show's in Oakland? Yeah sorry, Lee, this ain't happening for you. You're better off just driving right to the fox, hopefully you'll find some near-by parking.

Sooooo, everyone, we're back on for Saturday the 7th?

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Sooooo, everyone, we're back on for Saturday the 7th?
    yes.

ooooh wish I could make this one, my gf and I have tickets to the A's game sat. night. Hope everyone is doing well and has a great time

Saturday.

time?

Whenever's clever, I'll be there.
    8/11 NONONO @ GAMH

What time on Saturday?

Hey Andrew, Edward and I are going to go to Leisure (the brit pop night at the Cat Club) later in the night following BARC, if you care to join us.

I'm down with hitting up Leisure, it's been awhile.
    8/11 NONONO @ GAMH