Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey. Wanna Come Over and Listen to Music aka The Bay Area Record Club Thread

Default Re: Hey. Wanna Come Over and Listen to Music aka The Bay Area Record Club Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    we'll wash it for you.
    With chicken grease and beer?
    I hope you use bacon as a conditioner.

Default Re: Hey. Wanna Come Over and Listen to Music aka The Bay Area Record Club Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    I can come over a little early and help prepare chicken.
    Ah, a very generous offer, thank you. Where I'll need your assistance is in the breading & frying of chicken due to volume of said chicken. Two pans frying at once. We may very well burn my house down.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I'm sorry, it's hard for me to understand you from all the way up here on the Legend Tier. What was that?

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    Felicia wasn't there for that, but I'm SURE she knows that L'Trimm song.
    GOD. DAMN. IT. You played "Cars that Go Boom"? That was my jam back in '88. I'm slightly bitter at the moment.

Yes I was at the one in June. Heidi do we need to start an 80's Miami bass playlist so I can hear that song on repeat?
    Royksopp/Robyn 6/29 Hollywood Bowl
    The Antlers 7/12 Troubadour
    John Legend does What's Going On 8/20 Hollywood Bowl
    Elvis Costell 9/5 Hollywood Bowl

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    With chicken grease and beer?
    I hope you use bacon as a conditioner.
    whatever you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Ah, a very generous offer, thank you. Where I'll need your assistance is in the breading & frying of chicken due to volume of said chicken. Two pans frying at once. We may very well burn my house down.
    ok. let me know what time.

Oh, just come over at the usual time, I won't get frying until we're all over and comfortable and all that fun. We want it hot and I don't want anyone missing out. You will be tapped at the appropriate moment.
    I'm sorry, it's hard for me to understand you from all the way up here on the Legend Tier. What was that?

Quote Originally Posted by flea73 View Post
    GOD. DAMN. IT. You played "Cars that Go Boom"? That was my jam back in '88. I'm slightly bitter at the moment.
    You know, there IS a record player at my place. And we DO have plans to listen to just this sort of thing...

YES, 80's Miami bass playlist! Spotify...? I never use it but I'd make an exception.

Greg, I have some work obligations earlier in the day, but I'm going to try to get there by 2:30 or so, so I can help prep things if you need help? Or drink beer and heckle you while you cook.

I can help prep, too, if you want.
    Also, with enough beers in me, I have a tendency to start cleaning. But there's only a small window of opportunity there.

No, you ladies all pipe down and stop attempting to cook and clean. I know that's what the good lord put you on this earth for, but I got this covered.

Robin, want to come over to my place? I have sandwiches...

Sooo... should I not bring the dips and grape soda?

I'm not ashamed to say that I cleaned someone's bathroom during a party without permission.
    Now I have a feeling that Heidi is going to lock me in her bathroom with cleaning supplies and a 6-pack of beer.

You should definitely bring the dips and grape soda. He's just not going to put us to work at his place.

That's fine, we can drink beer, listen to records, and talk about our horrible dates. Is CARA coming this week??

I don't think my bathroom is dirty enough that you'd decide it had to be cleaned, immediately, during a party. I'm messy but not really dirty.

Robin, want to come over to my place? I have sandwiches...
    Ha.

Robin, you should still bring all that good stuff. And I may end up using you as free labor. Hot oil/deep frying + flour = holy shit, my kitchen is destroyed!

You should definitely bring the dips and grape soda. He's just not going to put us to work at his place.

That's fine, we can drink beer, listen to records, and talk about our horrible dates. Is CARA coming this week??

I don't think my bathroom is dirty enough that you'd decide it had to be cleaned, immediately, during a party. I'm messy but not really dirty.
    So you're going to give me free range of your place so I can organize. That may be feasible. lol.
    I'm down to talk about horrible dates while drinking beer.

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    I may end up using you as free labor. !
    How much more racist can we make this event sound?

Quiet, coolie, keep scrubbing. You offered.

EDIT: Hm. I had no idea "coolie" is currently a pejorative term for people of South Asian descent, I always thought the term had been relegated to the annals of Asian labor history. So, Robin, know that I mean it in the way of manual slave labor, and not as a pejorative, racist term. Thanks.
    Last edited by greghead; 11-15-2012 at 11:21 AM.

I have no intentions of cooking or cleaning. I'll just be there, puffing and trudging away.

4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

Ha. Trust me, there was never any illusion you'd be doing anything but. My other, more responsible friends are being quite generous with their time and energy.

Did someone say trudging? I've yet to bring any of my Donaldj acquisitions to record club...

Someone has to be the designated couch surfer and Cara is so good at it.
    Royksopp/Robyn 6/29 Hollywood Bowl
    The Antlers 7/12 Troubadour
    John Legend does What's Going On 8/20 Hollywood Bowl
    Elvis Costell 9/5 Hollywood Bowl

also, records.

Records?
    All I've gotten out of this the past couple days is: Fried chicken, grape soda and manual slave labor.

you forgot the hair washing.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    Records?
    All I've gotten out of this the past couple days is: Fried chicken, grape soda and manual slave labor.
    We're a highly-refined bunch.

What time is the fried chicken going to be at? I have a rare saturday off tomorrow, it behooves me to try and make it and clog my arteries with some deep fried deliciousness. I do need to watch the Ohio State-Wisconsin game tomorrow though, it's the sole reason I took the day off

I imagine it will be after the game. We rarely seem to make it to Greg's until ~3, and he said he was going to wait until the majority is there before he serves it. Courtney has to leave for the airport (around 6? I can't recall) so there is a time limit though...

Thanks Heidi This could work out for me since the game will end around 3:30. If I make it to Greg's I could probably be there around 4:30. I hope the ranch dipping sauce is extra creamy

If I have time to go to the grocery store tomorrow, I was considering beer floats....

So Chris brings us up to how many, 7? Is Kylie coming?

Myself
    Courtney
    Heidi
    Ed
    Robin
    Chris
    Cara

If you're planning to attend and your name isn't on that list, uh, speak up soon.

I have a confession to make. We have invited several more people, though I don't think they will make it. Bud Luster is meeting up with Robin and me -- if he manages to get into SF early enough to justify coming to the Outer Sunset, he'll come by. Cara's and my friend Madison (not on the board, but really cool girl) is going to try to make it -- if not today, then in the future. And Courtney and I ran into schoolofruckus and his lovely gal last night, who are visiting SF this weekend, and suggested they stop by.

I'm going to safeway before heading over, so if there is anything more we need, shoot me a text before like 2:30?

Edit: Kylie is not coming, she works until (7?)

What, in your opinion, is the probability of the other folks showing up? I don't want to have too little food, and I also don't want to prep for 12 and only wind up with 5 or 6.

Almost no chance. Madison is the most likely. I hope to be getting to your place around 3 -- I should know by then, and can stop and get more chicken/etc at the store on my way if there are going to be more people?

Edit: If Bud made it in, it would probably be so late that he wouldn't expect to eat.

Edit 2: I am so hung over that I could probably eat chicken dinner for 2...