Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey. Wanna Come Over and Listen to Music aka The Bay Area Record Club Thread

Default Re: Hey. Wanna Come Over and Listen to Music aka The Bay Area Record Club Thread

Depends entirely on when I get back from Lagunitas/my level of sobriety and, by extension, my level of energy. Sounds awesome though. Thanks for the reminder.

Default Re: Hey. Wanna Come Over and Listen to Music aka The Bay Area Record Club Thread

We'll be doing the usual Saturday schedule, where we meet from 2 - 7 or 8, when I kick you all out so I can nap before work.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I'm still waiting for Jack White to finally admit that he invented the guitar.

Fucking fuck. That overlaps 100% with this Lagunitas trip. Argh.

FUUCK YOUR LAGUNITAS

There are strong possibilities that I will make a special appearance to this as I drive through on my way home from work.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Trudge on through to the other side.
    8/07 LeMaitre @ The Rickshaw Stop (?)
    8/08-8/10 Outside Lands #5
    8/11 NONONO @ GAMH
    8/23 NIN and Soundgarden @ Shoreline
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/10 Woman's Hour @ the Rickshaw Stop
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rfs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

I will be bringing some radiohead records. and some pulp cds, since learning that we are open to other mediums. I have some cool obscure b-sides and things.

and maybe some creme eggs.

I might not bring anything this time. I think I'll be there around 2 or 3 though.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    and maybe some creme eggs.
    Gross.

Sincerest apologies, but I have to cancel this afternoon's record club meeting due to scheduling conflicts. Not even conflicts, we just have a ton of shit to get done before we leave Thursday morning and we don't really have time for record club this week. Sorry guys. To make up for it, all you non-Coachella folks are free to host a meeting while we're all at Coachella next weekend.

tl;dr version
    BARC meeting for 4/7/2012 has been canceled. We are not meeting. Do not show up to my house, I will only mock you from behind my door. That, or we just won't be there.

I feel like we should do a RSD meeting. Lots of goodies to play with. Well, no. That means I'd get off work, go to Amoeba and wait, buy my shit, then sleep for an hour before you all come over and then I go to work again. Hmmmm, no. Maybe meet Sunday the 22nd?

I don't think I can do a record club that weekend, BUT I was going to see if you wanted to go to Amoeba.

I'm a little afraid of the damage I'll do to a credit card on that day.

I'm definitely heading to Amoeba, but probably around 7 AM. I'm not missing out on the Refused reissue.

7 am. goodness.

Well, I work graveyard, so I'm already up and ready to get busy. I'll get home around 7, change, eat, and drive down to Amoeba. There's one record that I absolutely must acquire and I'll do what I have to in order to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Well, I work graveyard, so I'm already up and ready to get busy. I'll get home around 7, change, eat, and drive down to Amoeba. There's one record that I absolutely must acquire and I'll do what I have to in order to get it.
    well, at least parking won't be a problem at that hour.

7AM? They don't open until 10:30AM. Are they opening early for RSD or are you planning on waiting in line for 3.5 hours?

Yeah. I own books and a thermos, I'll be alright. The issue is that if I go to bed after work, there's no way I'm getting up in time. And if I sit waiting at home, I'm going to fall asleep. This way I'll be home laden with records, fed and in bed by noon.

Holy cow. I guess I'm not invested enough in any of the releases to wait that long. There are EIGHT I want, so I'm almost (not quite) hoping some are sold out or not available there.

I need to talk with my house-guest-to-be, but I was thinking maybe getting there at 10 at earliest. Heh.

I'm likely only buying three 12" and a couple 7" for the sake of budgeting, but each of the LPs are extremely limited. Well worth three hours I would have spent sleeping or smoking weed.

I picked up that NMH vinyl box set at the show last night, holy crap it's so legit o.O

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

I meant to check that out further. I'm not sure I want to know what's in it.

greg you are so awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Uh, thanks?

given that you are going to be over there so early I will probably text you when I wake to get a sense of how things look and when is a sensible time to show up.

I've managed to par my wishlist down to 6 things. So there is no way to know what's going to be on sale in which stores/areas? This is a new one for me... I'm usually at coachella during RSD.

me too. it sounds like stores don't even know what they are getting yet. I talked to the guy at grooves to see if they were trying to get anything and he seemed a bit clueless, saying the guy who usually does it is on vacation and probably hasn't ordered anything. so much for that.

there is a real thread about this.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    there is a real thread about this.
    Yeah, but it's filled with shit. I like you guys and I like talking to you all. Outsiders seem to leave this thread alone, so I don't have to contend with posts from people I don't give a shit about. I like that.

This is also my first non-Coachella RSD, hence my consternation over acquisition of coveted items. Shoot me a call or text that morning and I'll tell you how it's looking. And I can snag you anything you think might sell-out, just get me the titles.

I'll probably check with you too, to see how it's going, since I can get to the Haight pretty quickly if it's looking iffy.

Yeah, cool!

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    And I can snag you anything you think might sell-out, just get me the titles.
    haha. you can be the guy that everyone gets pissed off at because he's holding records for people that aren't there yet.

frankly, everything might sell out. I appreciate the offer but I will play fairly.