Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun Fun Fun Fest (ATX) 2012

Default Re: Fun Fun Fun Fest (ATX) 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    I know we'll get some more names added. I'm thinking a headliner for Orange and Blue respectively. I don't see Cut Copy or Simian Mobile Disco closing down their stages to be honest.
    Being billed for a stage doesn't necessarily mean they'll end up playing that stage. Both Run DMC and Girl Talk were billed for the Blue stage but ended up closing the Orange stage instead.

I'm guessing Snoop Dogg, MGMT and M.I.A. close out Orange, Jurassic 5, SMD and someone else close out Blue and Slayer, FLAG and Descendants (maybe?) close out Black.
    Last edited by TickleMeElmo; 07-09-2013 at 11:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Being billed for a stage doesn't necessarily mean they'll end up playing that stage. Both Run DMC and Girl Talk were billed for the Blue stage but ended up closing the Orange stage instead.

I'm guessing Snoop Dogg, MGMT and M.I.A. close out Orange, Jurassic 5, SMD and someone else close out Blue and Slayer, FLAG and Descendants (maybe?) close out Black.
    I realize that. I'm sure Snoop and Slayer will end up on Orange because it's the biggest. Even some of the smaller names last year ended up closing out the Yellow stage. Slayer and Descendants have closed out Orange before. I'm talking in terms of the lineup, SMD and Cut Copy don't carry any weight like the others as headliners.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

How often are there late adds?

Also forgive if this has been covered already, but do they do FFF Nights show on Thursday night, and do notable acts not actually actually on the lineup ever show for FFF Nights?
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

Each stage seems to be about 12 short from usual so I think there is at least one round of adds, maybe two, can't quite remember. They also haven't announced the Yellow stage either.

There are Nites shows on Thursday and some bands that aren't on the normal lineup end up only playing Nite shows, some notable ones too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    I'm talking in terms of the lineup, SMD and Cut Copy don't carry any weight like the others as headliners.
    If Dillon Francis could close out the Blue stage, I'm sure SMD and definitely Cut Copy could do the same.
    Last edited by TickleMeElmo; 07-10-2013 at 12:17 AM.
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

It's a good lineup and I would probably go if I lived within driving distance. I am hoping that Cut Copy, SMD, Washed Out and a few others are added to MOEMS.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Does anybody have any idea what kind of sets Blake Schwarzenbach does solo? Has he even really performed many sets under his own name? A Jawbreaker reunion is one of those things i would love love love to see some day, but i'm a fan of Jets to Brazil as well.
    He usually plays "Chemistry". Jawbreaker would be one of those things to get me on a plane where ever it may be, but I don't see it happening. Then again, if At The Drive In can get back together...?

Punknews.org currently has a review of a Schwarzenbach solo show up with a setlist.

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Poster:

April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sónar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

One of the posters says 100+ acts and I'm only counting 86 right now. There is still the Yellow stage to be announced but maybe besides that we might not see any significant adds.

Isn't the Yellow stage strictly comedy?
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?

The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Thee Silver MT. Zion Orchestra - 4/22 - The Mohawk
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

Titus Andronicus played the Yellow stage last year. as did Trail of the Dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Have they gotten rid of PIP tickets this year?
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Titus Andronicus played the Yellow stage last year. as did Trail of the Dead.
    Both strictly comedy
    Re: GayInTucson's illiterate ass

Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    I don't think we'll be hearing from him again. R.I.P

Pass purchased. Hopefully the will call lines won't be a nightmare.

EDIT* No service charges. Aw yeah.
    Last edited by Gribbz; 07-10-2013 at 05:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?

The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Thee Silver MT. Zion Orchestra - 4/22 - The Mohawk
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

NoMeansNo played the yellow stage last year, one of my favorite sets. http://nophotobadge.tumblr.com/image/35542075708

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

So did Earth.
    April 22 - Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial
    April 24 - Godflesh / Mogwai
    April 26 - Cloud Nothings
    May 1 - Ghost
    May 2-4 - Austin Psych Fest
    May 23 - Saint Vitus
    May 27 - Fu Manchu
    June 6-8 - X Games Concerts
    June 12-14 - Sónar Barcelona
    June 27 - Deafheaven / Swans

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Muse might as well named themselves the Pablo Honeys.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Have they gotten rid of PIP tickets this year?
    They're calling it USP for "Ultimate Smooth Pass"

The artist formerly known as P-I-P has been completely redesigned to engage ladies and gentleman of extreme leisure in new and different ways. This new and improved experience shall be called USP and it has been custom built to allow for your inner Kenny Loggins to finally come out in full glory. Partake in all the sights and sounds FFF8 has to offer with the ability to retreat to the leisure lounges to literally or figuratively recharge your batteries, have a cocktail, relax or just engage in sweet smoothness and fellowship. If you are prepared to purchase a USP, you should also be prepared to rock a Hawaiian shirt or a sweet tank halfie - whatever allows for the maximum amount of air and smoothness to flow through your body during times of exceptional relaxation and mid fest power naps.

Included

TYS leisure lounges
    Bathroom Experiences of exceptional pleasure
    (Re)Charging Stations
    Cocktail and Craft beer bars, w sweet drink umbrellas
    Sweet Sight lines
    Austin grub with Austin styles
    New access areas, including express entry for fest and Nites
    Plenty more to come - stay tuned
    Not on sale yet, and the language is unclear whether the beers are actually free anymore.
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

P.I.P. was weird last year. The beer situation pissed some people off, but I was ok with the 12 (or was it 10?) "free" beers a day. It actually forced me to drink more beers than I would have every day. The food was the problem, it was not a great situation. I never had any waits for the restrooms, but I read a lot of bitching about it, so apparently there were waits. Viewing platforms were really far from the stages, maybe okay if you wanted to chill out for a bit, not really my thing. I would do it again if they claim to have really changed the food deal, I guess. I'm curious to see what they promise.

I did read a lot of really bad things about PIP last year, which seemed to be a much different situation from previous years.
    last.fm

I won a PIP upgrade on the Saturday 2 years ago, and had a great time with it, so I bought the PIP last year and it was way worse. A lot more people seemed to have bought it so all the areas were much more crowded. They also changed the food from a voucher that you could use at any of the vendors to fairly crappy catered sandwiches. The 10 beer cap was introduced, and on the Friday even if you got a water that counted as one of your 10 drinks (they changed this for Sat and Sun). Overall I would say it wasn't worth it unless you really are planning on drinking 10 beers a day which is pretty tough to do.

PIP was ok last year because it gave a place to escape to.. but yeah the food was a fucking joke.

the 10 beer thing was imposed on them at the last minute by Texas Alchohol regulators. The intent was unlimited beer but apparently that's illegal.

I will probably buy USP because I do own a lot of hawaiian shirts.

it was weird because it wasn't illegal the year before. That said for all intents and purposes 10 beers a day is unlimited beer. They rolled over as well... I could have had 17 beers on Sunday but did not.

I am sure it was illegal the year before, and the Alcohol regulators just weren't aware of what was going on.

Also, I can routinely knock back 10 beers in a festival day when i am paying for them...no telling what i would consume with unlimited beers.
    last.fm

it's actually a bit tougher to do it @ FFF than it is at, say, coachella, because the fest ends before 10pm and then there are the nite shows where you're no longer getting free drinks.

You are not familiar with my beer stomach.

Do they have beer gardens at FFF or can you walk around with it?
    last.fm

Beer you get in PIP stays in PIP. Beer you buy elsewhere you can carry around.

spoon was a real late addition / headliner in 2011

http://consequenceofsound.net/2011/0...fun-fest-2011/

in aug

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I am sure it was illegal the year before, and the Alcohol regulators just weren't aware of what was going on.

Also, I can routinely knock back 10 beers in a festival day when i am paying for them...no telling what i would consume with unlimited beers.
    this

Too excited for Television and Quicksand!

and King Khan

and Pelican

and Melt Banana

and Quicksand! 20 year anniversary for Slip. Hot Damn!
    Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    Stop being a pussy should be the answer to all of life's problems. It has worked for me so far.

Quicksand are AMAZING right now too! Absolute top of their game. They were incredible at FYF last year, and even better when i saw them again in March, totally blew me away.
    last.fm