Thread: Kendrick Lamar

Default Kendrick Lamar

Hes going on tour with Drake and A$AP, but only playing US dates. It ends March 11th in San Diego. Perhaps hell make a trip to the fields.

Last edited by The Creeper; 12-15-2011 at 01:34 PM.
    Can I Be The Rap Headliner?

Quote Originally Posted by geonotgio View Post
    i love haters though. keep em coming!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by geonotgio View Post
    You're getting overly confident behind that keyboard clown.

Default Re: Kendrick Lamar

Is there any potential this guy is good live? He strikes me as a perfect example of an artist who is great to chill out to, but would fall flat live. I'm open to being proved wrong.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    Is there any potential this guy is good live? He strikes me as a perfect example of an artist who is great to chill out to, but would fall flat live. I'm open to being proved wrong.
    I haven't seen him yet (I've been fucking up) but every one I know who has seen him said his energy is crazy. And I believe it, I mean look at his flow at the end of The Game's intro. That sounds like a man who can rock a crowd.

With that said, SIGNED!
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    I haven't seen him yet (I've been fucking up) but every one I know who has seen him said his energy is crazy. And I believe it, I mean look at his flow at the end of The Game's intro. That sounds like a man who can rock a crowd.

With that said, SIGNED!
    I think he'll be there, so we'll see. Anyway, for what is probably my favorite genre on record, my expectations for live hip-hop tend to be fairly low. It's almost always either painfully underwhelming or a scream fest. Not to derail the thread, but Dizzee Rascal was the only exception this past year for me (outside of Kanye at Coachella), he brought it and then some at Treasure Island. I just can't see Coachella bringing Dizzee out at this point in time.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

Yes please
    I'ma ball at the mall shuttin' down the sea wall

One of my current favorite rappers. Ergo, I'm signed.

Saw him live, really didn't dig it. The energy's there but it's too much, I couldn't understand a single fucking word. He's not quite there with the live part. Maybe next year.

Pemberton (7/18-20) ~ FYF (8/22-23)

This guys been on repeat for me the past couple of weeks. Very interesting to listen to. He grew up in Compton, has been through the trials and tribulations of street life but also seems to be disenchanted with it; he really preaches creativity and passion and ulterior means to pulling yourself out of poverty than crime or a dead end job. He's got a really unusual voice and delivery, which makes me feel he'll never really blow up mainstream because he won't appeal to a mass audience. His lyrical content and flow are amazing though
    Jay Electronica 2011