Thread: New Orleans Jazz Fest 2012

Default New Orleans Jazz Fest 2012

April 27-29th and May 3-6th

Trombone Shorty •Eagles •Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers •Foo Fighters Zac Brown Band •TBA •John Mayer •The Neville Brothers •Al Green Herbie Hancock and his Band •Ne-Yo •My Morning Jacket •Bon Iver Paulina Rubio •Jill Scott •Florence + the Machine •Allen Toussaint •Feist Bunny Wailer •Bonnie Raitt •Irma Thomas •Maze feat. Frankie Beverly Dr. John & the Lower 911 •Janelle Monae •Yolanda Adams •Iron & Wine Pete Fountain •Rodrigo y Gabriella •Steel Pulse •Rebirth Brass Band Grace Potter & the Nocturnals •Esperanza Spalding •funky Meters Levon Helm Band with special guest Mavis Staples, Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings •Aaron Neville •Steve Earle •Galactic Preservation Hall Jazz Band’s 50th Anniversary Jam Little Anthony & The Imperials •Ani DiFranco •GIVERS Kermit Ruffins & the Barbecue Swingers •Dianne Reeves Irvin Mayfield & the New Orleans Jazz Orchestra •Better Than Ezra Carolina Chocolate Drops •Ivan Neville’s Dumpstaphunk •Bruce Hornsby Dave Koz •The Dirty Dozen Brass Band •Gomez •Pedrito Martinez Bounce Shake Down feat. Big Freedia, Katey Red, Keedy Black, and DJ Poppa •Israel & New Breed •Seun Kuti & Egypt 80 •Zebra •Amanda Shaw James Cotton “Superharp” Band •Cowboy Mouth •Asleep at the Wheel Papa Grows Funk •David Sanborn and Joey DeFrancesco •Bobby Rush Chuck Leavell & Friends •Ellis Marsalis •Marcia Ball Voice of the Wetlands Allstars •John Boutté •Gary Clark Jr. The Texas Tornados feat. Flaco Jiminez, Augie Myers, and Shawn Sahm Cubano Be, Cubano Bop: Poncho Sanchez & His Latin Band feat. Terence Blanchard •Cheikh Lô •Tab Benoit •Regina Carter's "Reverse Thread” •Bombino of Niger Glen Hansard •Big Sam's Funky Nation •Jeremy Davenport •Sarah Jarosz Bonerama •Evelyn Turrentine-Agee •Terri Lyne Carrington’s Mosaic Ruby Wilson’s Tribute to Bessie Smith & Ma Rainey •Wycliff Gordon Donald Harrison •Lindigo of Reunion Islands feat. Fixi •Sonny Landreth Buckwheat Zydeco •Soul Rebels •The Stars of Heaven Jewel Brown & the Heritage Hall Jazz Band Rockin’ Dopsie, Jr. & the Zydeco Twisters •Anders Osborne Honey Island Swamp Band •Theresa Andersson •John Mooney & Bluesiana Eric Lindell •Walter "Wolfman" Washington & the Roadmasters BeauSoleil avec Michael Doucet •Pine Leaf Boys James Andrews & the Crescent City Allstars •Steve Riley & the Mamou Playboys Big Chief Bo Dollis & the Wild Magnolias Big Chief Monk Boudreaux & the Golden Eagles Mardi Gras Indians Shamarr Allen & the Underdawgs •Terrance Simien & the Zydeco Experience Dr. Michael White & the Original Liberty Jazz Band feat. Thais Clark •Banu Gibson Hot 8 Brass Band •George French & the New Orleans Storyville Jazz Band

4/14 Scuba/Francois K @ Cielo
    4/15 Daniel Rossen @ MHOW
    4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR
    4/18 Lauren Garnier @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Default Re: New Orleans Jazz Fest 2012

So this is a jazz festival? Foo Fighters and My Morning Jacket?!
    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    I think my favourite part of Massive Attack's set was when they

http://www.qctop.com/articles/upload/France-89097.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bendulum View Post
    So this is a jazz festival? Foo Fighters and My Morning Jacket?!
    It's pretty much only by the name. Arcade Fire played last year and I'm pretty sure pearljam headlined...

Al Green Feist Janelle Monae Rodrigo y Gabriella Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings
    Would like to see these at Coachella.

Funky Meters, Herbie Hancock, MMJ, and Bon Iver would also be cool
    Re: GayInTucson's illiterate ass

Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    I don't think we'll be hearing from him again. R.I.P

I want Esperanza Spalding, Al Green, Seun Kuti, Jill Scott... very dope fest.

I wonder how many of these acts are playing somewhere the week before..................

DAMN that might be the best lineup i've seen from this fest...

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

Lurker

Eddie Vedder 5/3
    Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band 4/29