Page 63 of 64 FirstFirst ... 58596061626364 LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 1901

Thread: ATP / IBYM 2012 - Asbury Park, NJ

Default Re: ATP / IBYM 2012 - Asbury Park, NJ

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I still have a love for ATP even though what it is now.

If I were to go to Iceland, I would probably try to go for Iceland Airwaves.
    or this.... three days of uninterrupted 24-hour sunlight Massive Attack, Disclosure, Carl Craig and etc...

Line-up from this year: http://www.secretsolstice.is/#section:1

11/24 Interpol @ T5
    11/26 Joris Voorn @ Output
    11/28 & 29 Time Warp
    11/30 Run the Jewels @ Stage 48

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Iceland Airwaves has great package deals. Ticket, flight (out of New York, Seattle, Denver), hotel for $1100-1300 last I checked.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

Things aren't looking good for ATP, via Stereogum.

Pitchfork's role with Jobberwocky

Yesterday, we reported the cancellation of ATP’s Jabberwocky Festival. Cancelled festivals inevitably lead to confusion among those who purchased tickets, the bands who were booked to play, and other people who work to make festivals happen. In light of this, we want to take a moment to explain our involvement in the event.
    Pitchfork worked alongside All Tomorrow’s Parties and Primavera Sound to curate Jabberwocky, helping to choose which artists would play. We did not have any financial involvement in the festival, in terms of either providing funding ourselves, managing how the money was spent, or receiving any portion of the event proceeds. Apart from recommending artists, we were not involved with decision-making concerning the event. Our sales team did assist in trying to find sponsorship for the festival, but the sponsors that ultimately signed on didn’t come through Pitchfork’s channels.
    We’re as disappointed with the actions taken by ATP as everyone else, and hope they will fulfill the commitment they have made to return all ticket fees.
    Translation

Caribou @The Fillmore 03/01/15
    The Pop Group @ GAMH 03/11/15

Last.fm

Everyone trying to distance themselves from this shitstorm. Doubt we'll see an ATP stage at Primavera next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Does Barry have a really bad coke habit or something? What the hell happened to these fests?
    Last edited by stinkbutt; 08-13-2014 at 03:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Well the money is not going to the whores because he's already fucking tons of people over.
    Translation

Last.fm

Well the money is not going to the whores because he's already fucking tons of people over.
    Boom.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

This coming from the guy who doesn't like puns
    last.fm
    11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    This coming from the guy who doesn't like puns
    OHHHHHHH

11/28: Dixon @ TBA
    12/1: Angel Olsen, Kevin Morby @ GAMH
    12/6: Dream Police @ Brick and Mortar
    12/12: Ancient Methods @ Mercer
    12/13: RRose, Carlos Souffrant @ TBA
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar

The cancellation sucks but ATP is getting really pummeled over the refund issue - the blame of which mostly appears to lie on their primary ticketer, Dash. They changed the terms of sale after cancelation to say ATP is responsible then sent everyone to chase ATP down. (pre: https://web.archive.org/web/20140221...nited-kingdom/, post: http://hq.dashtickets.com/united-kingdom-2/)

No company in their right mind would request that people charge back money that had gone through their own account - chargebacks are a nightmare for vendors. The way they cancelled is definitely going to leave ATP with a sour note, but I don't believe there is any evidence to suggest that Barry would steal the fans' money.

Of course! Dash are suing ATP because Dash have the money. Makes perfect sense. They actually changed the terms before cancellation, but after giving ATP the ticket sales money so far.
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Icemouse View Post
    The cancellation sucks but ATP is getting really pummeled over the refund issue - the blame of which mostly appears to lie on their primary ticketer, Dash. They changed the terms of sale after cancelation to say ATP is responsible then sent everyone to chase ATP down. (pre: https://web.archive.org/web/20140221...nited-kingdom/, post: http://hq.dashtickets.com/united-kingdom-2/)

No company in their right mind would request that people charge back money that had gone through their own account - chargebacks are a nightmare for vendors. The way they cancelled is definitely going to leave ATP with a sour note, but I don't believe there is any evidence to suggest that Barry would steal the fans' money.
    Some heavy revisions

(new)1.2 We reserve the right to vary these terms of sale at any time. Any variation will be effective immediately upon posting of the amended terms of sale on the website.

(old)1.2 We reserve the right to vary these terms of sale at any time. Any variation will be effective immediately upon posting of the amended terms of sale on the website. These terms of sale were last updated on 12th September 2013. On purchasing tickets from the website after this date, you agree to be bound by the amended terms of sale.

--------------------

(newly added)6.3 Booking Fees may not be refundable, except as where required by law.

-------------------

(new)8.2 Occasionally, events are cancelled by the presenter due to circumstances beyond their control, such as weather conditions. Should this occur, please contact the presenter directly for further information.

(old)8.2 Occasionally, events are cancelled by the presenter due to circumstances beyond their control, such as weather conditions. Should this occur, please contact us for information on the procedure for receiving a refund for your ticket(s).

-------------------

(new)8.3 Refunds are at the sole discretion and control of the presenter. The presenter holds all ticketing funds for events sold through the website and therefore the presenter is fully responsible for ticket refunds and exchanges. Dash accepts no responsibility for the refund of tickets in any situation.

(old)8.3 Refunds are at the sole discretion and control of the presenter. We simply facilitate any refunds on behalf of the presenter.

-------------------

(new)8.4 It is the sole responsibility of the presenter to process any refunds and / or exchanges. Dash Tickets only acts as the transactional platform for the ticket sales and does not hold any ticket funds. In the event of a cancellation Dash accepts no responsibility for refunds. Customers must request refunds directly from the presenter.

(old)8.4 It is the sole responsibility of the presenter to process any refunds and / or exchanges in cases where the presenters Pay Pal account or a Third Party Merchant service is used as the payment method for ticket sales. In these cases Dash Tickets simply acts as the transactional platform for the ticket sales and does not hold ticket funds on behalf of the presenter. Dash will make the relevant merchant terms clear to all customers at the point of sale prior to purchasing a ticket. In the event of a cancellation Dash accepts no responsibility for refunds. Customers must request refunds directly from the presenter. Alternatively for purchases made through Pay Pal you can also request a refund through PayPal by following the instructions on the following link http://www.paypal.com/webapps/helpce...tionId=1205177. Please refer to our Third Party Merchant Terms for further details.

-------------------

(new)8.5 Refund limitations may be set by the presenter if the event is changed, relocated or rescheduled. Please check the presenters terms and conditions for further information.

(old)8.5 Refund limitations may be set by the presenter if the event is changed, relocated or rescheduled.

-------------------

(new)8.6 Delivery and booking fees are not refundable, except as where required by law.

(old)8.6 Delivery and booking fees are not refundable.

-------------------

(newly added)8.7 The presenter can be contacted here. Please consult the presenter for any refund requests.

-------------------

(new)9.1 All refund requests must be sent through to the Presenter directly. Dash is not responsible for refunds and cannot assist with this matter. Since Dash does not hold the ticketing funds for the event, our goal is that the presenter and customers resolve any refund requests on their own. The presenter can be contacted here.

(old)9.1 Unless authorised to do so by the presenter or required by law, we do not provide refunds or exchanges on any tickets purchased. Therefore, please ensure that you carefully review your event and seat selection before processing the purchase.

-------------------

(removed altogether)9.2 If a refund is authorised by the presenter or required by law, any delivery or booking fees are not refundable.

-------------------

(new)15.1 “presenter” refers to the party presenting the event. This may include, but is not limited to, a promoter, producer, team, band or venue. Specifically for the UK, the presenter is ATP / Willwal Limited (UK). The presenter can be contacted here.

(old)15.1 “presenter” refers to the party presenting the event. This may include, but is not limited to, a promoter, producer, team, band or venue.
    Last edited by Bumblebee; 08-14-2014 at 05:24 AM.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Can you paraphrase that?

sonofhal: Working in the ticketing industry, my best guess is that Dash took the money for tickets and offered ATP an advance on the event, with an expectation that ATP would pay it back on certain terms SEPARATE from the ticketing money. Dash took the risk of distributing that advance to ATP and doesn't want to or can't handle the consequences of cancellation and is trying to backpedal.

It's happened to my company in the past, and while it sucks, it's part of the industry. If my assumptions are true, then given ATP's past it was a dumb risk for them to take and they're getting burned on it

Icemouse: Read the terms - at no point (either before or revised) do Dash hold on to any money.

From what Dash have said about the event, not only did they give ATP an advance, but they also didn't hold on to any of the ticket sale money at any point.

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

What the actual fuck!

This is a PR nightmare. Goodbye ATP. Thanks for some cool shows, but it sounds like you deserve all the shit coming your way
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Let's believe everything on twitter!

http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...=1#post2939153

11/24 Interpol @ T5
    11/28 & 29 Time Warp

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post

What makes you think that show announcements mean that ATP is not going to try to make people hold to their contracts? Also, Laura Snapes specifically said "certain bands," and people are commenting on her post about bands already dropping out of their previously announced shows because of it.
    Last edited by Drinkey McDrinkerstein; 08-14-2014 at 01:32 PM.
    last.fm
    11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post

I know reading comprehension isn't your strong suit -- especially when you are in the full throes of your "must-copy-and-paste-now" delirium -- but the original tweet I linked to said ATP was attempting to enforce exclusivity contracts "with certain bands," and not "all" bands, you stupid piece of shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    I know reading comprehension isn't your strong suit -- especially when you are in the full throes of your "must-copy-and-paste-now" delirium -- but the original tweet I linked to said ATP was attempting to enforce exclusivity contracts "with certain bands," and not "all" bands, you stupid piece of shit.
    Some bands may have already been paid 25-50% of their guarantee and ATP may have legal authority to enforce their contracts.

IMO, ATP wouldn't have a legal leg to stand on and creditors would take any money ATP won in court.

Why couldn't this happen to Made In America or EDC !
    Translation

Last.fm

Bought my Iceland pass because I didn't expect Jabberwocky to be a bust, considering it was set to take place in London. Welp, hope I get a refund if/when Iceland gets canceled.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

Sonofhal: Dash did take the money, though. I have the Paypal charge to prove it: http://cl.ly/image/3m3f1E2K0n0o

The exclusivity is in reference to The Van Pelt unfortunately and I believe it's true - They were originally on a free show and had to drop off the bill when their show at the Ace got announced.

... And then they handed that money over to ATP. What aren't you comprehending?
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Some bands may have already been paid 25-50% of their guarantee and ATP may have legal authority to enforce their contracts.

IMO, ATP wouldn't have a legal leg to stand on and creditors would take any money ATP won in court.
    Bumblebee: UK Barrister
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Better Call Bumblebee
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    You're linking to someone who works at NME. Very reliable source! You've never been to ATP event so just shut the fuck up already. Do you really want ATP to end? They're one of few independent festivals who can still stand out from other major festivals. If you actually have a source where it shows that ATP is enforcing their "exclusive contracts" then we would all like to see it.

11/24 Interpol @ T5
    11/28 & 29 Time Warp