Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 1899

Thread: ATP / IBYM 2012 - Asbury Park, NJ

Default Re: ATP / IBYM 2012 - Asbury Park, NJ

oh thank you.

the Friday Lee Ranaldo thing has changed its name like 3x in the last 24 hours

"Lee Ranaldo And Leah Singer: Guitar Phenomena" - 9.15pm-10.15pm

i like short sets \o_O/

Last night...

9/18 Kode 9/Mala/DJ Spinn @ Verboten
    9/19 The Replacements @ Forest Hills Stadium
    9/19 Andy Stott/Function/Vatican Shadow/Demdike Stare @ Output
    9/20 There Will Be Blood Live @ United Palace

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

1 more day! ATP ATP ATP!

Why did you end up moving from Asbury Park to New York?

There were various reasons. When we initially announced it, it was doing really well, but it lost momentum. Sales just weren't really getting there. There were various logistical issues with the Convention Hall. Certain acts we were working with that just couldn't get it to sound right. We were planning to come to New York in 2013, but the way the sales were going and the logistical issues we were encountering, we thought "why not just move it this year?" This is the place we're intending to stay. I know we've moved around a lot. We moved from Kutsher's simply because there aren't enough beds there to make it cost effective. Once the beds sell out there, it's like a slow burn to the end, and it never really gets there. The people up there were lovely, and if they ever renovate it, we'd be back in a heartbeat.
    Who was on [curator] Greg Dulli's wish list that you didn't end up getting?

He wanted to get Prince. He said we should ask Prince to play for $1,000 and no more, and he was telling me about this time that Lorne Michaels was trying to get the Beatles and he went on and asked them to play for $1,000 or something, and said we should apply this to getting Prince to play. I did make an offer to Prince for $1,000, but I never heard back. You never know! There's a week yet! Greg wanted Cheap Trick. He wanted Dave Chapelle. But Dave Chapelle's a hard man to track down.
    http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/...orrows_p_1.php

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

The new Lightning Bolt show is shorter than I'm used to from them. At least at the Smell it was.
    Yea well they started after 1am if I remember correctly and the curfew is 2am in LA right? That place needs AC! One of the hottest shows ever.....I was sweating just standing in the back watching the chaos happening in front of the stage haha. Love to see HEALTH, No Age, and Touche Amore there someday!

from Jonathan Toubin's Facebook -

also, All Tomorrow's Parties is coming to NYC FRI, SAT, & SUN! i've chosen to do my set immediately before THE MAKE-UP to get everybody ready for their first nyc show in over a decade! can't wait to see Ian F Svenonius and his other gang do their thing! then i'll be doing the festival's dance party at LIBERTY HALL from 2AM to 4AM!
    A quick google showed me Liberty Hall is the basement bar at the Ace Hotel, which is about 3 miles from the festival site.

fuck yes @ DJs in the Ace

I'm flying solo this year so my room has a ton of space if anyone changes their mind at 4am

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Yea well they started after 1am if I remember correctly and the curfew is 2am in LA right? That place needs AC! One of the hottest shows ever.....I was sweating just standing in the back watching the chaos happening in front of the stage haha. Love to see HEALTH, No Age, and Touche Amore there someday!
    HEALTH doesn't seem to play there anymore, but they were the ones who utilize that venue the best. They knew how to make it sound ferocious. But the Mae Shi put on the best sets I'd seen there.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Lee ranaldos Friday set is cancelled according to facebook(sonic youth's) - unresolvable technical issues

Fml, this festival has been a bit cursed with cancellations

Wow what a fucking shitshow
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

longer sets!

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Liquor sales stop at 2am, but there's no "curfew." The Smell is super anti-alcohol anyway. I've been in there at 4am before. That WAS before there was anything else around it besides bums and empty buildings, but still.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Edan DJ set replacing Lee Renaldo. I'm not mad at that.

Bummed this is my first year missing one of these on the east coast, despite the whole debacle. Have fun folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

so ready for this. even if tonight is a bit of a mess. have fun everyone.

I've spotted most of the afghan Whigs and GYBE at the Ace so far. Just got into my room, really cool place

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Definitely share updates and insights. I'm not so bitter that I won't attend their events again but they definitely handled this poorly. I'm currently looking hard for tickets to the London event currated by The National. I already have airfare but this has been sold out for a bit now. If anyone hears anytihng for tickets/lodging please send them my way. Thanks.

Hope it's a great weekend!

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Icemouse View Post
    Lee ranaldos Friday set is cancelled according to facebook(sonic youth's) - unresolvable technical issues

Fml, this festival has been a bit cursed with cancellations
    Sooooo glad I didnt go. This would've had me boiling pissed.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

Cinema on boat = seasick
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Seeing Lightning Bolt play on the floor again was a nice little treat to start off the weekend! Goodnight!

Wound up getting a 3 day pass off of craigslist really last minute. philip glass was fucking mesmerizing with tyondai backing him up and frank ocean is an incredibly entertaining and dynamic performer. a great start to the weekend
    Shannon and the Clams - The Chapel - SF Feb 1st
    DJ Shadow (DJ set) - The Independent - SF Feb 22
    TOOL - Bill Graham Civic - SF March 12th
    Sleep - Cocoanut Grove - Santa Cruz March 22nd
    Neutral Milk Hotel - The Fox Oakland - Oakland April 9th
    The Knife - The Fox Oakland - Oakland April 16th

Yea, Glass/Braxton was incredible.

Checking out Emeralds soon!

Lightning Bolt!

Philip Glass:

The dirt bombs are not performing ultraglide according to twitter(fine by me)

I'm more pumped for today than I thought I'd be. I think Barry is DJing the Ace 2-4a, btw... Last night there was a dj and an intimate gathering of people which was awesome because I needed some sleep(especially after getting all fucked up at Lightning Bolt).

Also, all you who missed out don't feel alone, I don't think Jamie came out this time either. Awesome stuff this year: food truck selection, main stage sound & lounge, queen of hearts(especially the cinema). Disappointments: second stage under a freeway, festival grounds are tiny and remote, can't bring festival booze on the queen of hearts an cant bring queen of hearts booze to the festival

Phillip Glass & Tyondai, Hannibal Burress plus Frank Ocean made up for all the missteps this year. The outdoor stage is fucking amazing, the back smoking patio where the boat is incredible too, the indoor stage is still odd to me

Everyone take a lot of pictures. Also, i'm curious how attendance seems.

Dammit I wish I was there. Although a friend posted on Facebook that Frank Ocean's set was full of 12 year-old girls, which made me feel slightly better.

Looks like a good turnout, but it's hard to judge the numbers. The venue is starting to grow on me a bit but I'm the opposite if stinkbutt - emeralds on the bright-ass outdoor stage was not ideal. IMO the worst part of the venue is simply that there isn't other stuff to do, just sit and eat and drink, sometimes on a boat. It'd be nice to have stuff like golf or even damn cornhole

Why didn't say what's up to me at the whiskey tasting?
    Last edited by stinkbutt; 09-22-2012 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Icemouse View Post
    Looks like a good turnout, but it's hard to judge the numbers. The venue is starting to grow on me a bit but I'm the opposite if stinkbutt - emeralds on the bright-ass outdoor stage was not ideal. IMO the worst part of the venue is simply that there isn't other stuff to do, just sit and eat and drink, sometimes on a boat. It'd be nice to have stuff like golf or even damn cornhole
    I saw Emeralds on such a stage at Primavera and thought it worked rather well. The availability of things to do is what was so great about the Asbury Park location. If I wasn't feeling something, then it was time to go play some pinball, walk on the beach, or hit one of the bars or restaurants.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale