Page 54 of 62 FirstFirst ... 4950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 1844

Thread: ATP / IBYM 2012 - Asbury Park, NJ

Default Re: ATP / IBYM 2012 - Asbury Park, NJ

any good shows happening in nyc the week leading up to atp? i'm flying in on monday
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    This is being taken care of.

Oh My Rockness is indeed the way to go.

My picks for those days:

17th: Ghostface Killah OR Deerhoof w/Buke & Gase
    18th: Mike Doughty OR the Avett Brothers
    19th: Jello Biafra
    20th: The Offspring OR Lightning Bolt OR Wye Oak w/Callers
    Last edited by mountmccabe; 08-18-2012 at 02:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Ya'll are disrespecting gays, black, bisexuals and ATP! Seriously though, it's kind of ridiculous to be bashing them for a good get like Ocean. I understand it being a bit weird but jumping the shark? calling it a disgrace and pathetic? lololol This lineup just got better you fools.
    I'm not complaining about Frank Ocean, just that he has so much poster real estate. The ATP I'm used to wouldn't take a single 9.5 rating on pitchfork to give a guy billing twice the size of the curator, or people with bodies of work like Phillip Glass or GY!BE. Im happy he is on board to play, though, and I understand you gotta sell tickets.

Also the page does say "line-up so far", so there is potential, but no guarantee, for more adds. Finally, it's been pointed out that stage 2 is outdoors, which I have to say is unfortunate. Still, the lineup is awesome and I'm excited. Now I have to figure out how I'm going to get into NYC and what to do with my car. I'm sure parking at/near the Ace will be hundreds

I'd go to Icon Parking and pick anywhere in the city, really. Park and take the subway to the Ace and then take the subway to/from the festival and then take the subway back to the parking space.

These spots seem to be $40 to $50 per 24-hour period but the site also has coupons to make it a lot cheaper than that and there may be weekend deals.

I'll be very drunk by the time the Afghan Whigs take the stage!

Friday (5pm-1am)

FRANK OCEAN
    PHILIP GLASS & TYONDAI BRAXTON
    JANEANE GAROFALO
    LIGHTNING BOLT
    LEE RANALDO'S 'HANGING GUITAR'
    HANNIBAL BURESS
    EDAN THE DEEJAY
    KURT BRAUNOHLER

Saturday (Noon-1am)

THE AFGHAN WHIGS
    THE ROOTS
    JOSE GONZALEZ
    MARK LANEGAN BAND
    DIRTY THREE
    THE ANTLERS
    CHAVEZ
    THE DIRTBOMBS
    SCRAWL
    EMERALDS
    JOSEPH ARTHUR
    VETIVER
    CHARLES BRADLEY AND THE EXTRAORDINAIRES
    AFTERHOURS
    DJ QUESTLOVE

Sunday (Noon-1am)

GODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR
    THE MAKE-UP
    HOT SNAKES
    THE MAGIC BAND
    AUTOLUX
    THEE OH SEES
    THE ALBUM LEAF
    LEE RANALDO (Full Band Show)
    BRAIDS
    THE PSYCHIC PARAMOUNT
    QUINTRON AND MISS PUSSYCAT
    TALL FIRS
    BLANCK MASS
    ENDLESS BOOGIE
    DEMDIKE STARE
    DJ JONATHAN TOUBIN

7/29 Conor Oberst @ Summerstage
    8/2 Daniele Baldelli/Simian Mobile Disco @ PS1
    8/2 Magda @ Output
    8/3 Seth Troxler/the Martinez Brothers @ Gov Island
    8/3 Seth Troxler @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    I'd go to Icon Parking and pick anywhere in the city, really. Park and take the subway to the Ace and then take the subway to/from the festival and then take the subway back to the parking space.

These spots seem to be $40 to $50 per 24-hour period but the site also has coupons to make it a lot cheaper than that and there may be weekend deals.
    Thanks for the tip... all things considered I just grabbed some bus tickets. Overnight to NYC, leave at 12:30pm on monday. Cheaper and safer(than driving 8 hours on as little sleep as I usually get at ATP), under $75 for the round trip

Oh, well yeah, that's a much better idea. Parking is possible but if there's a way to not bring a car it's what you want.

It's really not a bad lineup at all. It's just not a *drool, I'm gonna do whatever it takes to get there* kinda lineup. But if I lived anywhere on the east coast, I'd totally be there.

edit: I might go so far as to say it's better than the 2010 lineup. But then, that was Kutsher's, which was a huge draw in and of itself.

No Shellac (yet, maybe?) makes me more comfortable with my decision to do FunFunFun Fest instead.

I doubt Shellac are playing, what with their festival coming up.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

I really like the lineup and Hannibal's 2012 comedy album is hilarious .

Quote Originally Posted by Icemouse View Post
    I'm not complaining about Frank Ocean, just that he has so much poster real estate. The ATP I'm used to wouldn't take a single 9.5 rating on pitchfork to give a guy billing twice the size of the curator, or people with bodies of work like Phillip Glass or GY!BE. Im happy he is on board to play, though, and I understand you gotta sell tickets.
    Don't put what sells in big lettering so the bands no one knows or is imo better gets respected properly.The festival needs make money to have a budget to reunite Spaceman 3 one day.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

The murder capital where we murder for capital

August 3rd.

Thank you Mark.

Bank transfers are being made next week, so you should receive yours

by the end of that week subject to a few business days once it is
    processed. Thanks again for your patience.

best
    ATP
    After I get nothing and hear nothing I e-mail them back 2 weeks later asking about my refund and here is the response I got.

August 15th

Hi Mark,

Let me check on this for you - they are being done in batches, I will make sure yours
    is done in the next possible one if it isn't already.

Thanks again for your patience on this.

best
    ATP

After waiting another week with zero response meaning they never looked into it and got back to me, I sent them another e-mail this morning. I get a similar response.

August 20th. (10 minutes ago)

Hi

Very sorry, let me check on this for you - they are being done in batches, I will make sure yours
    is done in the next possible one if it isn't already.

Thanks again for your patience on this.

best
    ATP
    I had hoped to use this money for OSL and then I really hoped to use it for a school book...but class starts tomorrow. Maybe they only do "batches" once every couple of months... This is pretty ridiculous. Poor communication and dishonest. Never assure someone they will have a timely refund and then blow them off repeatedly.
    Last edited by faxman75; 08-20-2012 at 05:26 AM.

That's fucked up, Mark. Wish there was some other sort of recourse for you besides just continuing to wait for them to keep their word.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

I basically ranted at them for a paragraph in the last e-mail. I find it interesting that they don't apologize once in any of these e-mails. They don't take any responsibility nor do they offer any explanations other than "we are doing it in batches". I just got another e-mail which says they have finally refunded my money and I should see it by the end of the week. I have my doubts.

Hi Mark

The transfer has been made today for you and should credit within the next 3 or 4 business days.
    Thanks again for your patience.

best
    ATP
    It's cute how they keep thanking me for my patience. I'm expecting them to get the bank transfer information wrong at this point and more delays to ensue. We shall see.

Atp jumped the shark with the ocean. Figures.

Completely disagree. Frank Ocean almost makes me wish I had kept my ticket. But I wouldn't really want to see him at a huge Brooklyn warehouse party.

Considering all the soulful stuff on Saturday I think he fits in perfectly, and even though he isn't from there it makes sense in NYC. This festival is definitely going to have a way different feel than previout ATP events, but hopefully it works out and the crowd is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

love frank ocean. people saying its ATP jumping the shark be crazyyyy. apparently his intimate show in NYC a few weeks back was amazing so I have high hopes for his set.

He's my favorite album of the year. Without a doubt, I would be really shocked if anything else comes close to it at the end of the year.

i understand the different crowd it will inevitably draw but that will be for friday at most.

it definitely made getting more people to try out ATP an easier hook that's for sure. i have 4 extra friends who were on the fence about this that all confirmed they would definitely go for the weekend.

I think he was making a pun )

I'm pretty happy with the lineup... As far as 'interesting(and impressive) lineup' goes, I don't think you could do much better than mixing Frank Ocean, Phillip Glass, and Lightning Bolt. I'm more interested in logistics and the 'vibe' of the new place now.. Being in NYC leads me to believe that bands and whatnot won't be doing much roaming on-site, especially assuming there isn't much space to roam outside of the venue spaces. Also, I'm wondering how the 'ending at 1AM' will work - Wishful thinking that some DJs will be on [much] later than that.

I'm going to keep my room at the Ace for this year at least, even though it seems that interest in people sharing with me is low and I could stay at a number of places that are closer and free. Hopefully there will be a little bit going on there.

www.airbnb.com

you rent out entire apartments for the weekend for less of the price than Ace/are within walking distance of the venue.

And to be clear, I don' think that Frank himself is shark-jumping - Just the appearance of his name on the poster(lol @ filename) http://www.atpfestival.com/sized/fil...rank_670x0.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Gun in the Sun View Post
    www.airbnb.com

you rent out entire apartments for the weekend for less of the price than Ace/are within walking distance of the venue.
    Like I said, I'm gonna do it for a year at least to see what's up

Quote Originally Posted by Icemouse View Post
    And to be clear, I don' think that Frank himself is shark-jumping - Just the appearance of his name on the poster(lol @ filename) http://www.atpfestival.com/sized/fil...rank_670x0.jpg
    I don't know. I think it's pretty great he has top billing. It definitely makes it more appealing.

Bmack, I agree. It's going to be hard to top that album this year. Easily my favorite thus far. I will see the youtubes of his live performances in L.A. leave a lot to be desired. I haven't really seen any live video that matches the production of that album but often times a live performance can make that up in different ways. I have not seen him live in person but i'm interested to see how well he can pull it off. He seems like a very low key performer which is an intersting contrast to his Odd Future friends.
    Last edited by faxman75; 08-21-2012 at 09:58 AM.

No more Junip....

We're very excited to have finished writing and recording our second album with Junip. Currently we're working on the artwork and b-sides to upcoming releases. We had plans on trying out the songs live this autumn but circumstances beyond our control prevent us from touring. Apologies to those of you who had plans on going to the announced shows. As for now the Berlin, New York and LA dates will be cancelled. José's solo show at I'll Be Your Mirror in New York on Sep 22nd will however go on as planned.

José, Elias, Tobias

7/29 Conor Oberst @ Summerstage
    8/2 Daniele Baldelli/Simian Mobile Disco @ PS1
    8/2 Magda @ Output
    8/3 Seth Troxler/the Martinez Brothers @ Gov Island
    8/3 Seth Troxler @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

i dont think junip were ever on there, were they?

Nope

Lurker

I purchased a ticket to GYBE! in Hudson, NY for Thursday 9/20. Seems like an interesting town, and I am interested to check out Hudson. The venue looks perfect for GYBE!. R/T train tkt to NYC was $64 and a hotel was $80. Not a bad way to enjoy 24/30 hours. Is anyone else from here attending?
    Last edited by Engine201; 08-27-2012 at 01:36 PM.