Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1899

Thread: ATP / IBYM 2012 - Asbury Park, NJ

Default Re: ATP / IBYM 2012 - Asbury Park, NJ

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    That was definitely a very poor business decision holding that info from the public for so long.
    So you have some insight as to when the decision was made on their part and how long it was witheld from potential attendees?

old school

I dont have insider info but I'm willing to wager that they knew that they were moving it months before they announced it. Maybe they were uncertain of where they were going but a simple "hey kids we're moving dont book your rooms yet" would've been the least they could do.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

Your wager is distinct from certain proclamations.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    I like that Spooks feels bmack's decision is based on not being adequately informed on the advantages of an ATP festival.
    I like that Spooks thinks anyone gives a flying fuck about anything he has to say
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    Hitting this would involve nothing more than a single subway transfer* for me, but I'm far less enthused about the whole thing than I was about getting back on that NJ Transit train for a weekend at Asbury Park. I may still go, but I'm already disheartened to know so many of you good people won't be joining me.
    Same. I wasn't planning on going - which was mostly a financial decision - but I was hoping to see some people in NYC before/after and maybe even manage to go down to Asbury Park for the day Saturday to hang out with folks as much as I could without a wristband and wander the boardwalk, etc. when y'all were seeing something good.

This is now in my borough... and I am less interested in going.
    Last edited by mountmccabe; 07-16-2012 at 10:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Ughhh. This is kinda killing me now. I'm going back and forth between this or Fun Fun Fun Fest. Lodging kills me on this, flights kill me for FFF, unless we drive 5 hrs. to Atlanta and fly out of there. I haven't done the math but it looks like roughly a wash. Lineup is more my speed at FFF, but I know ATP will be quality (and inside). New York is appealling, as I've only ever driven through it, not experienced it. I loved Austin when I went for ACL festival, and the vibe is supposed to be better for FFF. Also, I can drive to NY with brownies, I'm not flying with them to TX. Ughhhh.

That Shellac ATP looks amazing already, fucking hell
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

I mailed my ticket today to get a refund, so I'm officially out.

I'm still in FWIW. I thought AP was far beneath Kutscher's, so I won't mind the switch to try a new flavor... NBC is very appealing though

ok in an effort to move this thread along. here's the web stream for the new Antlers album, I think you need to "Like" them already

http://on.fb.me/LUQURF

atp should just do a cruise already!

yes please... But it has to be on a haunted pirate ship

ok I have a friend who wants to go to this since he lives in NYC. anyone here selling a ticket at discount price they want to part with?

Quote Originally Posted by Gun in the Sun View Post
    ok I have a friend who wants to go to this since he lives in NYC. anyone here selling a ticket at discount price they want to part with?
    Probably not many people while there are open refunds right now... Speaking of which, I need to return one of mine

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Icemouse View Post
    Probably not many people while there are open refunds right now... Speaking of which, I need to return one of mine
    I returned mine, have email that it was cancelled.

Over/under on actual refund?

Quote Originally Posted by Icemouse View Post
    yea I know. it sucks for this guy.

Why should anybody sell him a discount ticket? Is it sold out? If not, he can buy himself a ticket for face value the way the person who he would potentially be buying it from did.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

he's a cheap bastard. he'll realize there's nothing out there and fork the $ over eventually

I have decided to go Saturday and Sunday, mainly because I am only hitting one festival next year. Fingers crossed this doesn't suck.
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

I'm betting on Saturday being much better spent seeing The Oh Sees and Ty Segall (haven't noticed any talk of his disappearance from the lineup; wasn't official maybe but he had at 1 point listed ibym in his dates) at a new venue The Well in Brooklyn and Laetitia Sadier at Knitting Factory -- if don't end up seeing Sadier the day before at Mercury Lounge.

No confidence in this Pier 36 venue. Don't expect ticket sales to be any problem at all, the contrary actually. I wish ATP the best but it's just too easy to wait for twitter etc to flood in with opinions and then maybe decide to check out Sunday or not.

Friday, still shaking my head over Phillip Glass/Tyondai Braxton. i think i'm open minded. well, a little open minded...but that sorta booking just doesn't seem like what ATP has ever been about. I hope they work on a better lineup for next year!

Quote Originally Posted by mondocurry View Post
    Friday, still shaking my head over Phillip Glass/Tyondai Braxton.
    What's wrong with that? I think it has the potential to be really incredible.
    8/31 - Sleep - Troubadour (?)
    9/05 - The Rentals - Fonda (?)
    9/11 - Swans - Roxy
    9/13 - Owen Pallett - El Rey (?)
    9/17 - Buzzcocks - Fonda (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Agreed, that sounds like the most interesting thing on Friday

Yeah, Glass/Braxton feels very much like an ATP set to me. If that set was on Saturday that'd probably be enough to pull me in for a Saturday-only ticket. As it stands I think I'd rather see Einstein on the Beach at BAM. Or, well, nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

still shaking my head over Phillip Glass/Tyondai Braxton. i think i'm open minded. well, a little open minded...but that sorta booking just doesn't seem like what ATP has ever been about.
    I don't get this at all. Seems like exactly the type of interesting/unique booking ATP has always been about. If there were more like that, I'd be more tempted to go.
    Last edited by MrAmeche; 07-27-2012 at 10:46 AM.

pretty sure Ty Segall are still on.

they're listed on songkick even though that's not a reliable source, nothing proving otherwise besides the lack of announcement from ATP but since when have they been reliable?

Friday, still shaking my head over Phillip Glass/Tyondai Braxton. i think i'm open minded. well, a little open minded...but that sorta booking just doesn't seem like what ATP has ever been about.
    You're bonkers man

I'm sure it will be very "intellectual." I certainly wouldn't mind seeing it, but it sounds like gallery installation music to me...on a very large and definitely not cheap (for ATP) scale, and all of my very positive ATP US experiences have for the most part been amazing in a "rock concert" sort of way. Tortoise/Thurston Moore and the other Don't Look Back sets...Dirty 3/Suicide/Jesus Lizard...Scientists/Mudhoney/Stooges...Chavez/Shellac/Thinkin' Fellers/Bonnie "Prince" Billy...............even electronic acts like Fuck Buttons, the Hallo Gallo set, Books, have something of a backbone to them....not ashamed to admit, i don't see the connection to Glass/Braxton, which suggests (and maybe i am completely in the dark about this) more straight up abstract experimentalism. some would even call it "wanky."

If Ty Segall was still in I don't see why in the world they wouldn't have been added in last ann. Then again there's a lot i don't get. I'm thinking they are out along the same line of irritation as Reigning Sound.

Yeah, Phillip Glass/Tyondai Braxton sound like it'd be pretty fun to watch.

I'm not a fan of the new location, though. I returned my ticket and using that money for Fun Fun Fun. Hopefully I'll see you next year, ATP.

At the same venue?

Lurker

Ty Segall & Thee Ohh Sees are playing 'the well' in bklyn on the 22nd..not sure how/if this effects IBYM