Thread: Arcade Fire

Default Arcade Fire

saw them at the Ukranian Cultural Center. The 5min during Wake Up was the best 5min of any concert I have every been to.

My question is will Wake Up be better at Coachella?

Sure there will be what 100 times more people but it will lack the intimacy of a crowd of 600 people.

Plus I am guessing the % of hard core fans was higher at the Ukranian Cultural Center (since at least 50% of them-including me-camped out overnight) than it will be at Coachella.

Is bigger better?

Default Re: Arcade Fire

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

I think you should head to this thread: http://www.coachella.com/forum/showt...de#post2033106

But to answer your question, everything's better at Coachella. I wasn't there in LA but it sounds much better than my crowd experience at Big Sur, or really any of my AF experiences. So it all depends on how much of the crowd is hardcore fans vs. other folks, and probably what part of the crowd. If you're in the front I'm sure the singalongs will be amazing.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Another knucklehead thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

Oh, be nice. That's what I was trying to do.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

For most of their other songs, I can see the appeal of smaller venues and tighter crowds. Wake Up is a big huge song though, I like hearing it from a big huge crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    true but that is what makes message board go.

How many of these threads are truly necessary?

Most are either repeats or "knucklehead threads" like this one.

You have two choices
    a.) Just look at and post on good threads
    b.) Bitch on the knucklehead threads

I got a few good replies to my question (which is what I was looking for) so I really do not care if want to waste your time and say a negative comment about this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    I FEEL SELF CONSCIOUS ABOUT MY OWN FEELINGS TOWARDS THE SAME SEX AND LIKE TO ATTACK OTHERS TO TRY AND FEEL BETTER. I NEED TO COME OUT OF THE CLOSET BUT AM SCARED.
    Coachella 2013
    The Stone Roses-Blur-Yeah Yeah Yeahs-Grinderman-Dog Blood-Beach House-Metric-Stars-Johnny Marr-Wolfgang Gartner-Nicky romero-Tommy Trash-Sparks-The XX-The Postal Service- New Order-Knife Party-Benny Benassi-Moby-Franz Ferdinand- SMD-Cafe Tacvba-Bat for Lashes-Richie Hawtin-Major Lazer-Fedde Le Grand-Bingo Players-Savages-3Ball MTY- Nick Cave-Vampire Weekend-Eric Prydz-Grimes-The Faint-Hardwell-Paul Oakenfold-Dinasaur Jr-OMD-Rodriguez-Parov Stelar Band

Oh no. Oh that won't do at all.

Quote Originally Posted by lediable76 View Post
    stick to your gay ass threads. go fudge pack somewhere else. Scissor Sisters calling??
    why are you talking, exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by EmberVega View Post
    You guys are mean. Sexy people are not meant to be smart.
    April 26 - Black Sabbath - Hollywood Bowl
    June 27 - Fuck Buttons - the Independent
    July 11 - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Shrine Auditorium

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    why are you talking, exactly?
    To annoy idiots like you. Your town is lame, btw.
    Coachella 2013
    The Stone Roses-Blur-Yeah Yeah Yeahs-Grinderman-Dog Blood-Beach House-Metric-Stars-Johnny Marr-Wolfgang Gartner-Nicky romero-Tommy Trash-Sparks-The XX-The Postal Service- New Order-Knife Party-Benny Benassi-Moby-Franz Ferdinand- SMD-Cafe Tacvba-Bat for Lashes-Richie Hawtin-Major Lazer-Fedde Le Grand-Bingo Players-Savages-3Ball MTY- Nick Cave-Vampire Weekend-Eric Prydz-Grimes-The Faint-Hardwell-Paul Oakenfold-Dinasaur Jr-OMD-Rodriguez-Parov Stelar Band

Ooookay. Nevermind.

Sing alongs? You consider a bunch of drunk off key people screaming to the point they drown out the band you came to see as a positive thing?
    Coachella 99, 09, 10, 11
    ACL 2002-2011
    Bonnaroo 2002 (need to get back)
    SXSW 1993-2011 (missed a few years in there)
    Lolla '91
    Jazz Fest (too many to count)
    Last LCD Show

My expectations may be a bit high... but I am expecting "Wake Up" at Coachella to be one of my favorite concert moments of all time. The sing a long is going to be ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    My expectations may be a bit high... but I am expecting "Wake Up" at Coachella to be one of my favorite concert moments of all time. The sing a long is going to be ridiculous.
    I'm with you, but their entire show is gonna be epic...not just "wake up"
    Coachella 2013

Quote Originally Posted by lediable76 View Post
    I FEEL SELF CONSCIOUS ABOUT MY OWN FEELINGS TOWARDS THE SAME SEX AND LIKE TO ATTACK OTHERS TO TRY AND FEEL BETTER. I NEED TO COME OUT OF THE CLOSET BUT AM SCARED. I ALSO NEED REHAB BUT AM IN DENIAL
    This is not me... Whatever...that's a good hack.., screw you, you got me.. Anyhow, I was being a drunk and high dumbass. Anyways, happy coachella my nizzles.
    Coachella 2013

http://www.soundspike.com/news/artic...-pop-montreal/

Arcade Fire will play a free outdoor concert during this year's Pop Montreal festival.
    The Sept. 22 show at the Place des Festivals of Quartier des Spectacles in downtown Montreal is a "grand thank-you" from the band to the city, Quebec and the entire country, according to a press release.

"Our band couldn't exist without Montreal," Arcade Fire's Regine Chassagne said in a statement. "After having had the chance to tour extensively around the world, we are very excited to finally come home. And to do so the Montreal way, we hoped to play a free outside show on the very last day of summer as a big 'Thank you' to the beautiful city we love so much."

The concert will be part of the 10th anniversary of the Pop Montreal festival.

The show also coincides with the French release of Tracy Kidder's book "Mountains Beyond Mountains (Soulever les montagnes)," which documents the story of Paul Farmer, one of the founders of Partners In Health. The band is offering two passes to a special VIP area of the show and a copy of the book to the first 100 people to make a minimum $200 (Canadian) donation to KANPE, a Montreal-based partner organization of Partners in Health.

VIP access to the show also can be acquired by purchasing a Super Pass on Pop Montreal's
    website, where you can also find details about making a donation to KANPE.

The complete festival line-up and additional details also can be found at the Pop Montreal site.

I dont know if you guys have heard the two extra tracks that were released for an upcoming Spike Jonze documentary. These didn't make it into The Suburbs, I guess they did not have the feel of the overall record, but still they are nice tracks.

Here's my blog, you can download from there plus a wallpaper I did some months ago just after their performance in Coachella

Have a good one!

arcade fire at coachella 2011 changed my life. it was practically a religious experience

I'dDoItAllAgain

Quote Originally Posted by thedude15 View Post
    My question is will Wake Up be better at Coachella?

Sure there will be what 100 times more people but it will lack the intimacy of a crowd of 600 people.
    Retrospect lulz.

Hmm I wish I remember Arcade Fire but I dont, I have some video but its choppy.

HML crowd in my experience wasnt so bad, but we were up between regine and win. but Tunnels at HML will be my all time favorite concert experience, as Win did not like my and my boy arm in arm, so he had to solo while between us. Bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by caraboo31 View Post
    arcade fire at coachella 2011 changed my life. it was practically a religious experience
    WORD!!
    Coachella 2013

Arcade Fire's set was wonderful until they walked off stage after Wake Up and before their encore. All the lovely light balls stopped being bounced throughout the crowd, and suddenly became the only true currency in the world for some reason, and everyone that had a ball just held onto it for dear life for the rest of the encore. End result was nobody could see Arcade Fire for the rest of the performance.

On the other hand, it did make a cool, intimate area in which to dance to Mountains Beyond Mountains, so there's that.