Page 232 of 255 FirstFirst ... 227228229230231232233234235236237 ... LastLast
Results 6,931 to 6,960 of 7639

Thread: Official CD/LP purchases thread

Default Re: Official CD/LP purchases thread

Merzbow - Samidara LP

Hopefully it doesn't suck
    Philip Glass Ensemble - Philip Glass - Tycho - William Tyler - Nickel Creek - Jandek - Liars - The Mountain Goats - Arcade Fire - Swans

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    So, for y'all who are into the Sigur Ros trip, I snagged both Agaetis Byrjun and ( ) for $21 apiece, new, off Amazon from sellers. One of the sellers still has 6 copies of ( ) in his/her store. Just a heads up, you won't find them that cheap.
    Quoting this for people who might be interested so it doesn't get lost at the foot of the last page.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Co-worker gave me a copy of Nat King Coles Nature boy on vinyl that she found digging through some old stuff for my birthday on Tuesday. One of my favorite songs of all time and now I has eet!
    Lord Huron -> C2C -> Beardyman -> Pete Tong -> Lee Scratch Perry -> Modest Mouse -> Beach House -> Purity Ring -> Jurassic 5 -> How to Destroy Angels -> Birdy Nam Nam -> Allen Stone -> The Selecter -> Puscifer -> Violent Femmes -> Simian Mobile Disco -> Moby -> Wild Belle -> Grimes -> James Blake -> Pretty Lights -> Wu-Tang -> OMD -> Roni Size & Dynamite Mc -> Dead Can Dance

Film score must buy
    Mondo is thrilled to announce the limited edition vinyl release of a compilation of selections from five different Studio Ghibli films, featuring performances from the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra. Studio Ghibli Kokyo Kyokushu will include selections from PRINCESS MONONOKE, SPIRITED AWAY, HOWL’S MOVING CASTLE, THE CAT RETURNS, & MY NEIGHBORS THE YAMADAS. This collaboration was an especially exciting project for Mondo to be able to release this album for the first time ever on vinyl. Studio Ghibli Kokyo Kyokushu will be available for purchase on July 26 at mondotees.com.

There will be three different collectible versions of this album, each featuring a different piece of artwork from renowned Mondo artist, Tyler Stout, capturing elements from all five films across the Gatefold 2XLP packaging. One version, showcasing HOWL’S MOVING CASTLE, a with traditional Japanese Obi and all Japanese text, will premiere at the 2013 San Diego Comic-Con. Each album will also include two different colored vinyl as followed:

HOWL’S MOVING CASTLE (Japanese Variant) – Purple & Pink vinyl
    PRINCESS MONONOKE – Red & Blue vinyl
    SPIRITED AWAY – Yellow & Green vinyl

1. Chapter One – The Legend of Ashitaka
    2. Chapter Four – Princess Mononoke
    3. Chapter Eight – Ashitaka And San
    4. The Theme of My Neighbors The Yamadas – Orchestral Version
    5. Takashi And Matsuko’s Tango – Sinfonico
    6. Always With Me – Orchestral Version
    7. A Mysterious World
    8. The Moving Castle
    9. War War War
    10. Cave Of The Mind
    11. The Baron
    12. Pastorale
    13. Haru’s Memories

Tracks 1-3 From Symphonic Suite Princess Mononoke
    Tracks 4-5 From My Neighbors The Yamadas – Classical Album
    Tracks 7-10 From Howl’s Moving Castle – Image Symphonic Suite
    Tracks 11-13 From The Cat Returns – Original Soundtrack Album
    You can see album artwork here http://badassdigest.com/2013/07/19/m...imited-edition

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand nothing from Porco Rosso, my favorite Ghibli film.

Well fuck.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Took one last trip up to Vinyl Planet in Petaluma today with Salah before they close in a month. Spent a whopping $15.

The Isley Brothers - The Heat Is On
    Derek & the Dominos - In Concert
    Duke Ellington - At Newport (like-new og 50s press)
    Sviatoslav Richter - Recital: A Live Concert Recording
    Taj Mahal - Giant Step
    CCR - Green River
    Frank Sinatra - Strangers in the Night (og mono)
    Allman Bros. Band - Eat a Peach
    Last edited by greghead; 07-20-2013 at 12:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I'm sorry, it's hard for me to understand you from all the way up here on the Legend Tier. What was that?

Some dude in Costa Mesa is unloading his (or an old record store's?) collection. He's selling each record for five bucks. There were some LPs I paid too much for in the past.

Anyway, just picked up:
    some repress of A Love Supreme
    a Lenny Bruce album
    and the soundtrack to The Shining.

The Shining soundtrack is going for at least $40 on discogs.
    Mazxy star was nice and dreamy robightm crowd wouldn't follow no photo request. First time in the green room. Mmm free beer and wine.glad I got to see them Cruz I missed Coachella 3012

Bored on a Saturday night question:

Any of you got a record that you have no reason to own (duplicate, a comp where you have all the tracks on individual releases, shitty album) but that you'll never get rid of due to an awesome story or sentimental reason? Tell me your story.

This came up in my mind because I just put on my copy of Weirdo Rippers by No Age. I own the first five EPs and thus have no reason to have a copy of Weirdo Rippers in addition. However, when I was just head over heels for the band, I went to Ooga Booga, a tiny artsy store in LA's Chinatown where the band would frequently put their shit. This was well after all the early stuff had sold out, but I had a feeling I'd be able to find a copy of Weirdo Rippers there, back when I didn't have the EPs and really wanted to be able to spin some of those songs. Lo and behold, I see the bootleg cover that was the album's release, a white sleeve with a badly cut and badly pasted small version of the album art (black and white) off-center in the front. I grabbed the record and was distraught to find that there was no actual record inside the empty sleeve. I asked the dude at the counter what the deal was, and he told me he could hold the sleeve and see if he could track down the record for me. A week later, I dropped by to see if they had any luck with the search. The clerk handed me the sleeve, now with a record in it. I pulled it out and noticed a chunk missing out of the lead-in groove. He said, "Yeah, dude, Dean told me he found this in his closet and when he grabbed it his dog bit that out. Sorry man, but I'll take two bucks off." It didn't hurt the play, and it's one of the coolest records I own even if I have every song from it in different places.

Made the trip over to Zia a few days ago.

David Bowie - Hunky Dory
    Teddy Pendergrass - Life is A Song Worth Singing
    Teddy Pendergrass - Teddy
    Isaac Hayes - Hot Buttered Soul

I made an Offer for this album for a lesser amount and they accepted it.

The Dillinger Escape Plan featuring Mike Patton - Irony is A Dead Scene

Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's 04/26/15
    Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch 05/02-04/14
    The Decemberist @ Crystal Ballroom 05/30/14
    Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds @ The Warfield 07/07/14

Last.fm
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    thanks for whatever you did in mexico.

One last shopping trip overseas. Should be my last for awhile.

Blawan - Bohla EP
    Burial - Truant EP
    Burial + Four Tet - Moth/Wolf Cub
    Diamond Version EP5
    Max Cooper & Nicolas Bougaieff - Movements EP
    Omar S - Thank You For Letting Me Be Myself Part 1
    Voldelpark - California Analog Dream (The Robag Wruhme Remixes)

Any of you got a record that you have no reason to own (duplicate, a comp where you have all the tracks on individual releases, shitty album) but that you'll never get rid of due to an awesome story or sentimental reason? Tell me your story.

This came up in my mind because I just put on my copy of Weirdo Rippers by No Age. I own the first five EPs and thus have no reason to have a copy of Weirdo Rippers in addition. However, when I was just head over heels for the band, I went to Ooga Booga, a tiny artsy store in LA's Chinatown where the band would frequently put their shit. This was well after all the early stuff had sold out, but I had a feeling I'd be able to find a copy of Weirdo Rippers there, back when I didn't have the EPs and really wanted to be able to spin some of those songs. Lo and behold, I see the bootleg cover that was the album's release, a white sleeve with a badly cut and badly pasted small version of the album art (black and white) off-center in the front. I grabbed the record and was distraught to find that there was no actual record inside the empty sleeve. I asked the dude at the counter what the deal was, and he told me he could hold the sleeve and see if he could track down the record for me. A week later, I dropped by to see if they had any luck with the search. The clerk handed me the sleeve, now with a record in it. I pulled it out and noticed a chunk missing out of the lead-in groove. He said, "Yeah, dude, Dean told me he found this in his closet and when he grabbed it his dog bit that out. Sorry man, but I'll take two bucks off." It didn't hurt the play, and it's one of the coolest records I own even if I have every song from it in different places.
    This is a good question and I've been giving it some thought over the last few days. I have a ton of these records. First one I'll mention is Andy Gibb's first record, Flowing Rivers. A fluffy little piece of disco-pop, the only track I ever play is "I Just Want to Be Your Everything." And I play it over & over again. I'm not even sure I've ever even played the other side of the record. Something about it that I just can't put my finger on, but I fucking love it. Long ago I convinced Jennie of its merit and it's become a bit of an inside joke for us as well as legitimately being one of "our" songs. What we don't joke about, though, is how staggeringly smooth & groovy that track is. The production is astounding.

Look at how coked out he is here:
    Last edited by greghead; 07-25-2013 at 09:48 AM.
    I'm sorry, it's hard for me to understand you from all the way up here on the Legend Tier. What was that?

I've got like five $.99 copies of Gene Simmons solo record because my grandpa was the conductor of the choir on some tracks so his name is on the back but I'm Bernard Daniel Bollinger III so we have the same name. Just kinda cool.

I also have like all the originals and like 2 represses of Throbbing Gristle albums because that is literally the first section I try and find in every record store. I've got 3 copies of D.O.A. the Third and Final Report just because I got the Italian version and the Industrial version and the repress. I just like how on the Italian version the vinyl is cut so that each track looks equal length on the record surface. And the UK version I like having because I imagine Ian Curtis having the same one hahah. And the repress because it sounds good.

Sigur Ros - ( ) just showed up. Cannot wait to listen to it.

Super cool .gif showing how music sales by format have changed over time.

well, that was interesting

CDz:

Minutemen - Double Nickels On The Dime
    Titus Andronicus - The Monitor
    The Replacements - Let It Be (Expanded)
    Baths - Obsidian
    New Order - Power, Corruption, & Lies

Studio Ghibli compilation on sale now. One version already sold out so get on it if it's your thing.
    http://www.mondotees.com/VHSVINYL_c_19.html

Pet Shop Boys - Electric LP

Did some shopping at the record store near my moms

LP:
    David Bowie - Station to Station
    The Gun Club - The Las Vegas Story
    Lou Reed - Berlin
    Minutemen - What Makes A Man Start Fires?
    The Pontiac Brothers - Doll Hut (suggested by the the guy who worked there, former guitarist of the Gun Club's band)

CD:
    The Gun Club - Death Party! (French Import)

Question on maintenance for everyone. Do you use outer plastic sleeves for all vinyl art or just select older more worn covers?

Sold a bunch of CDs at Amoeba yesterday and picked up:

Slayer - Hell Awaits
    John Fahey - Guitar Vol. 5: The Great San Bernardino Birthday Party

Quote Originally Posted by lt.roast.a.botch View Post
    Question on maintenance for everyone. Do you use outer plastic sleeves for all vinyl art or just select older more worn covers?
    Not entirely sure what you mean, but every record I own is in a plastic sleeve. The only records I have are for listening, though. But the sleeves protect from ringwear and whatever other bullshit comes about.
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    The Weeknd will probably play some secret show nobody knows about cause he is even more cryptic than I am.

Yeah not a very clear question. It wouldve been better to ask if outer plastic sleeves do anything more then protect the vinyl cover. I have quite a few 12" singles/promos/eps with generic covers currently in plastic sleeves which I'm now questioning the purpose for doing so. Of course im just putting more thought and effort into this then it would to order more sleeves from amazon.

Plastic sleeves help keep the dust & debris out of the jacket. I keep nearly all of mine in plastic as well. The only reason I don't have them all in sleeves is that I ran out of sleeves with about 200 records to go.

The best way to keep dust out of a record is every time you put it away turn the inner sleeve so the opening is facing up and then turn the cover with the LP in it so the opening is facing up in the plastic sleeve.

I don't use a plastic sleeve for the generic plain white covers but for everything else yes.

Bought some records after work.

LP:
    Keith Hudson - Nuh Skin Up
    Laughing Hyenas - Hard Times
    Hank Mobley - Roll Call
    Lee Morgan - The Sidewinder
    Wayne Shorter - Night Dreamer
    The Walkabouts - Cataract
    The Weeknd will probably play some secret show nobody knows about cause he is even more cryptic than I am.

Shit yeah Laughing Hyenas.

The Slayer record I bought is a little off cuz it's a picture disc, but Slayer records are few and far between so I'll take what I can get.

Yeah, I was stoked to find that. Definitely made some money on that purchase.

Anyone have any experience with/opinion on a Pioneer PL-7? Thinking about grabbing one I saw on CL.