Page 221 of 263 FirstFirst ... 216217218219220221222223224225226 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,630 of 7863

Thread: Official CD/LP purchases thread

Default Re: Official CD/LP purchases thread

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    I've been waiting on this one for quite some time. The Drive soundtrack/score is finally getting released in the states on vinyl (maybe just reissued, but available again). Mondo is selling it in their online store on March 22. Tyler Stout designed the front cover and is also doing the gatefold art. Randomly inserted hot pink pressings.
    This is now up for sale here: https://www.mondotees.com/Drive-Orig...-LP_p_893.html
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

I got one just because i felt like is a must get and now I feel extremely guilty because mainly i havent seen the movie or heard the soundtrack .
    Last edited by getbetter; 03-22-2013 at 07:32 AM.
    Translation

Rufus Wainwright @ Stern Grove 07/27/14
    Xiu Xiu @ BoTH 08/01/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I got one just because guys been hyping this up and now I feel extremely guilty because mainly i havent seen the movie or heard the soundtrack .
    I hope you like it more than I do.
    Arcade Fire - Sir Richard Bishop, Bill Orcutt - Spoon - Paul McCartney - Steve Gunn - Beserktown Fest - Slint - Sleep - Swans - Owen Pallett - Neutral Milk Hotel - Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer - Bobby Bradford Quartet - Matana Roberts - Wadada Leo Smith, Anthony Braxton - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Songs for Unseen Warhol Films - Ben Frost, Tim Hecker, Pete Swanson - Ryoji Ikeda - Slowdive - A Winged Victory for the Sullen - John Zorn Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I got one just because i felt like is a must get and now I feel extremely guilty because mainly i havent seen the movie or heard the soundtrack .
    Flip that shit, yo.
    I'd contribute to this discussion but I'm still busy reminiscing about the halcyon days of punk. You know, the mid-90s.

Sold out the quickest of all Mondo's vinyl releases. Check out the photos here. Stout did a lot of great art for this. They also comment on a RSD picture disc and its eventual store release. http://blog.mondotees.com/2013/03/21...-on-sale-info/

Damn, I stupidly thought they would have way more in quantity and didn't rush to grab one

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

While I don't love the movie or the album, that art and packaging is gorgeous.
    Arcade Fire - Sir Richard Bishop, Bill Orcutt - Spoon - Paul McCartney - Steve Gunn - Beserktown Fest - Slint - Sleep - Swans - Owen Pallett - Neutral Milk Hotel - Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer - Bobby Bradford Quartet - Matana Roberts - Wadada Leo Smith, Anthony Braxton - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Songs for Unseen Warhol Films - Ben Frost, Tim Hecker, Pete Swanson - Ryoji Ikeda - Slowdive - A Winged Victory for the Sullen - John Zorn Marathon

Finally found Metric - Old World Underground, Where Are You Now? on vinyl for under $120. This repress seems to be limited as well.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

LP:
    John Fahey - Volume 1 / Blind Joe Death.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Finally found Metric - Old World Underground, Where Are You Now? on vinyl for under $120. This repress seems to be limited as well.
    Done without the band's permission and Last Gang pulled it because they got a ton of returns(the first 30 seconds of the title track doesn't play on some turntables). Metric's own label(rumours they may have recently bought out their Last Gang contract in Canada) is supposed do their own black vinyl of OWU and Grow Up. Last Gang NEVER had any right to sell that OWU vinyl to anyone outside Canada but did so anyways.

OWU never got vinyl back in the day and it's more or less the same sound quality as the cd. LG claimed the stampers used in 2012 were done in 2003 and never used.

Nice. The blue skeletons cover or the white/text cover? That one is interesting, definitely not my favorite Fahey but it's a ton of fun to hear his early work before he was as virtuosic.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    Done without the band's permission and Last Gang pulled it because they got a ton of returns(the first 30 seconds of the title track doesn't play on some turntables). Metric's own label(rumours they may have recently bought out their Last Gang contract in Canada) is supposed do their own black vinyl of OWU and Grow Up. Last Gang NEVER had any right to sell that OWU vinyl to anyone outside Canada but did so anyways.

OWU never got vinyl back in the day and it's more or less the same sound quality as the cd. LG claimed the stampers used in 2012 were done in 2003 and never used.
    Really? Shitty. This one is a black vinyl repressing, and according to the vinylcollective board it's from Last Gang, and has been sent as a replacement for faulty copies of the clear yellow. And there's just this one store on ebay selling them. So why has it taken so long to come out on vinyl, and under such dodgy circumstances?
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    Question

How can I find out whether a particular vinyl release comes with a digital download or CD? It's for a gift and I'd prefer not to have to download the mp3's myself for them, but it would be a nice album to own on vinyl.
    Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    Uh, it's Seth MacFarlane's vocal jazz album Music Is Better Than Words. My dad and I enjoy Family Guy together and he likes Sinatra and all that stuff. It's on a major (Republic). I can't find any information on download codes or even label contact info. Oh well, I just decided it's not a big deal. I'll figure it out.
    So I posted around a few different boards and an early consensus seems to be no download or CD included. I was also provided with a contact at Republic, we'll see how that goes. Worst case I'll just get the CD.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Nice. The blue skeletons cover or the white/text cover? That one is interesting, definitely not my favorite Fahey but it's a ton of fun to hear his early work before he was as virtuosic.
    The blue skeletons. I haven't listened to it yet, all his stuff I've heard I've loved though, so I had to snag it when it was only $10 for a NM copy. What's your favorite release by him? It's so hard to find any of his albums to download (for me anyways).

All of his stuff is on Spotify actually.

As far as favorite, I'd say it's Vol. 3/Death Chants, Breakdowns and Military Waltzes. There is still a ton of his work I haven't heard but that one is something special. And that's not to say Vol. 1 isn't good by any means, just more conservatively played. I'd also highly recommend checking out the compilation of his late work, Sea Changes & Coelacanths. It's very experimental and wild.

LP:
    Inter Arma - Sky Burial
    Quicksand - Manic Compression

All of his stuff is on Spotify actually.

As far as favorite, I'd say it's Vol. 3/Death Chants, Breakdowns and Military Waltzes. There is still a ton of his work I haven't heard but that one is something special. And that's not to say Vol. 1 isn't good by any means, just more conservatively played. I'd also highly recommend checking out the compilation of his late work, Sea Changes & Coelacanths. It's very experimental and wild.
    The only full album I've heard is The Yellow Princess, it's great. Listen to that one if you haven't! And for sure, I'll definitely listen to those two.

Yeah, there's actually a "compilation" on vinyl called The Essential John Fahey that has The Yellow Princess and Requia. It's one of the six Fahey releases I own, and it's so full of excellent.

I've listened to a lot more of his work, but I've not really delved into the 80s or early 90s releases. He just has so much.

White Fence - "Pink Gorilla" 7" (purple vinyl)

Quote Originally Posted by bballarl View Post
    LP:
    Inter Arma - Sky Burial
    I really want to get this once I have money.

Yeah, there's actually a "compilation" on vinyl called The Essential John Fahey that has The Yellow Princess and Requia. It's one of the six Fahey releases I own, and it's so full of excellent.

I've listened to a lot more of his work, but I've not really delved into the 80s or early 90s releases. He just has so much.
    Ooo i'm gonna have to find that! Yeah seriously.. 36 studio albums, god damn.

You guys should check out the Your Past Comes Back to Haunt You box set as well. Really beautifully presented and packaged by Dust-to-Digital. It's a collection of early recordings he did from 1958-1965.

Preordered the Random Access Memories vinyl. Giddy!

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Echo & the Bunnymen 8/2, #BEENTRILL#/Jesse Andrews OSL Afterparty 8/8, Sir Paul McCartney 8/14, Offspring/Pennywise/Bad Religion 8/31, Swans 9/8, Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Charli XCX 10/25
    Events
    SDCC 7/24-27, Outside Kanye West Lands 8/8, FYF Fest 8/23-24, Mad Decent Block Party 9/19, Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Quote Originally Posted by bballarl View Post
    You guys should check out the Your Past Comes Back to Haunt You box set as well. Really beautifully presented and packaged by Dust-to-Digital. It's a collection of early recordings he did from 1958-1965.
    In addition to this, there was just a six-disc vinyl box set put out compiling his first six Takoma albums, which are all well worth hearing, and some of his most revered work. I really want it.

Oh shit. That looks awesome.

Also, I STRONGLY recommend the Soul of Angola: Anothologie de la Musique Angolaise 1965/1975 comp that I bought a couple of weeks back. It is fucking fantastic. So so good.

In addition to this, there was just a six-disc vinyl box set put out compiling his first six Takoma albums, which are all well worth hearing, and some of his most revered work. I really want it.
    Yeah this does look awesome.

EDIT: I just have to share this amazing video.

Every time I watch it, I'm always saying "holy shit!" out loud by the end.
    Last edited by FEELS; 03-24-2013 at 05:39 PM.

Justin Timberlake - FutureSex/LoveSounds
    Burial - Truant
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I'm still waiting for Jack White to finally admit that he invented the guitar.

NOFX - the Decline 12" EP

pre-ordered the new D.P. as well.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -