Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Beyond Wonderland 2012

Default Re: Beyond Wonderland 2012

My god Andy C was the greatest set I've seen in a while.. I never even heard of the guy prior to yesterday, but he fucking murdered it.

Camo and krooked was tight, magnetic man was amazing..

Quote Originally Posted by shiezza View Post
    And does anyone else know why there were so many broken traffic lights all over san bernadino?
    power went out in san bernadino

Two words. JOHN DIGWEED.

O man got their around 430 to realize all the hangars had no power for about 45 min!

Then it opened and i saw some crizzly and then some seth troxler but that got boring then moved over too Layo and bushwaka into a little bit of green velvet who smashed it!

then wandered to meet people at alex gaudino thinking he could bring some sexy house vibe like destination calabria but of course he remixed that song to sound like SHM and the like in fact the mad
    hatters castle all night was pretty bad when i kept walking by.

Didnt even bother with the aoki room by 7 it already looked way too packed,of course during aokis set they had to close of the entrance cuz of all the crazy azn peops that think hes soo cool.

Got a little trance in but had to get off to Magnetic man which was the most epic and heaviest dubstep set i have ever seen..Then i couldnt stop myself from watching High Contrast absolutely steal the night,and after watching armin tear up after evereyone was chanting his name was funny,Then it was back for Netsky who also just detroyed it! Those too are the best in dnb right now

Paul is dead

After traversing the mud slide that was the event parking lot, I made it in at 730 and caught the end of Green Velvet and some Chris Leibing. Magnetic Man was okay, great sound this time but same awful MC. But from about 1030 til 2 I experienced some of the best drum & bass sets I've ever heard. High Contrast and Netsky were fantastic but I would say that Andy C stole the show, incredible vibes and people in that stage! It was my first time seeing all three of them and they completely surpassed my expectations.

My only regret is not spending more time at the techno stage and not getting in early enough for Jamie Jones & Seth Troxler. But none of my friends were into the techno stage and to be honest it was hard to leave the dnb stage, it was so much fun to dance to.

Did anyone else get stuck at the railroad crossing on Waterman? After 30 minutes of waiting we eventually propped the gate open and got through. One guy tried hopping the divider and got stock in the mud lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Penis View Post
    My god Andy C was the greatest set I've seen in a while.. I never even heard of the guy prior to yesterday, but he fucking murdered it.

Camo and krooked was tight, magnetic man was amazing..
    Thats why they call him the executioner

Arty was amazing!

once they got everything plugged in i caught most of layo and bushwacka! throwing down some great techno/house in there. that stage was apparently kryptonite the entire evening as i never saw it even to half capacity.

caught the tail end of mistajam (who really needs to stop interrupting his own set with stupid crowd games and call-and-response gimmicks) into ed rush and optical who played some straight proper drums und bass, despite their horrible MCs. camo and krooked killed it and finally got me into full dance mode to shake away the creeping cold soaked into my clothes. magnetic man was cool, they played the few tunes by them i liked and then nearly lulled me to sleep with the last third of their set. high contrast destroyed it. the new album tracks sounded outstanding in there, even the underworld collab which isn't my favorite but is growing on me. watched the first 30 or so minutes of andy c nearly shake the building apart before ending my night with john digweed and a barely third-full dance floor.

despite the shit weather, i hate a great time. security was a little too strict (seriously i can't sit down in a far unoccupied corner for 5 goddamn minutes?) but i guess it's better than total chaos.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

I was able to catch some of Andy C. He was pretty great, but did anyone else think the sound for his set was pretty bad? I felt it was too loud for that little hangar. I'm usually not the person who is a stickler for that sort of thing, but with music that face-paced it definitely could have sounded a lot crisper.

i went into camo and krooked without knowing anything about them and they KILLED it. i thought magnetic man was pretty bad ... they were 30 min late to their set and they stopped the music like 5 times. MC was really annoying too. i liked how they started off their set though, didn't really dig mad that much until i heard it live. for some reason i was really disappointed in high contrast ... maybe i had too much expectation for him. left hc and went over to dubfire who was AMAZING. bummed that i missed andy c but i don't regret seeing dubfire. checked out avb/atb for a while and finished the night with netsky who was also great

securities were assholes, they didn't let me bring in a sealed pack of gum ... weather was horrible too, walking back to the car after the rave in the rain was a nightmare. but overall i had a great night, some downers but a lot of very pleasant surprises

Techno stage was great. Chris Liebing, dark and heavy so goood. My favorite set was Dubfire, damn that was some of the dirtiest techno i've heard in a while, incredible set. John Digweed was a great way to end the night.

Bathroom situation was the worst i've seen at any event, what a clusterfuck.

Adam Beyer. WOW! Digweed. WOW! Chris Liebing. WOW! Such a great stage of quality tunes.

Seth Troxler / Jamie Jones set was dope. Really enjoyed it, they went hard. Hardwell, holy shit. What a set. Emery was banging too. Anyone see the blast of ultra white glowsticks during armin?

John Digweed amazing! Adam Beyer...couldn't ask for more. Our group decided to wait for power to be restored before showing up saturday. The minor flooding at the front gates caused us to get in a little bit later than expected, but the rain didn't ruin anything for my group. I just found out I have a wedding to attend June 9th so I don't know if EDC is an option this year...I hope single day tickets will be available for sunday.

I did catch a little bit of Armin's ASOT Live stream, it was pretty cool they had a walk thru area for VIP so you could go into the production trailer and see them broadcasting. Not to many knew about this...
    Last edited by heyeric; 03-19-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Anybody there for that huge track at the end of AN21 & Max Vangeli? It played after they mixed out of their remix of Save the World into the Original Mix.

Our crew thought they mixed Axwell in to play that. Anybody else there, or we just crazy?

How can anyone say Camo & Krooked killed anything? Their set in SF was a fucking joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    How can anyone say Camo & Krooked killed anything? Their set in SF was a fucking joke.
    Yeah, they were terrible.

High Contrast was stellar. The set of the night for me. I may be biased though, since he is my favorite artist of my favorite genre of electronic music. Netsky was also very good, but he was doing so many quick cuts, at points it was a little jarring.

The most pleasant surprise for me was catching the last 20 minutes or so of Chris Liebing. I hadn't heard of him before the event but he was absolutely crushing that hangar when we walked in.

The rain/power issues made for a dramatic entrance, and made me miss a bit of Layo and Bushwacka but after the power came up the weather really wasn't an issue. All and all I had a fantastic time. I hope the techno and DnB bookings continue to be like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sexualamandakiss View Post
    i went into camo and krooked without knowing anything about them and they KILLED it. i thought magnetic man was pretty bad ... they were 30 min late to their set and they stopped the music like 5 times. MC was really annoying too. i liked how they started off their set though, didn't really dig mad that much until i heard it live. for some reason i was really disappointed in high contrast ... maybe i had too much expectation for him. left hc and went over to dubfire who was AMAZING. bummed that i missed andy c but i don't regret seeing dubfire. checked out avb/atb for a while and finished the night with netsky who was also great

securities were assholes, they didn't let me bring in a sealed pack of gum ... weather was horrible too, walking back to the car after the rave in the rain was a nightmare. but overall i had a great night, some downers but a lot of very pleasant surprises
    what disappointed you about high contrast's set? just curious.

also yeah on security being tightwads. made my girlfriend throw out a sealed bottle of migraine medication that she keeps with her because she's been having allergy issues lately with headaches. i mean seriously she bought it like an hour before we got there. lame. thumbs up for the general store having earplugs though. forgot to bring some.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by OddZilla View Post

The most pleasant surprise for me was catching the last 20 minutes or so of Chris Liebing. I hadn't heard of him before the event but he was absolutely crushing that hangar when we walked in.

ke this.
    Glad you cought and enjoyed Chris Liebing. I am not a huge fan of techno more into breaks/dnb but he has always been one of my fav acts of that genre.

Adam Beyer and Chris Liebing were my favorites of the night. Hing for some good quality techno at EDC all 3 nights. Sort of bummed I missed Andy Cs set, guess i'm going to catch him at Bassrush in June. The rain was annoying but it didn't really affect my night.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    what disappointed you about high contrast's set? just curious.

also yeah on security being tightwads. made my girlfriend throw out a sealed bottle of migraine medication that she keeps with her because she's been having allergy issues lately with headaches. i mean seriously she bought it like an hour before we got there. lame. thumbs up for the general store having earplugs though. forgot to bring some.
    i don't know, just got really bored of his set. he wasn't horrible or anything but nothing impressed me either. i didn't like some of the tracks that he played, felt like some songs lacked his distinct melodic tune. on the other hand, i loved it when he dropped road goes on forever and kiss kiss bang bang, they were awesome. i think i just expected way too much since i looked forward to seeing hc the most. i was also in a bad mood from magnetic man's set and how annoying the mcs were throughout the whole night so that could've been it. i definitely still want to catch hc one day, i don't want to give up on him just yet since i love his material so much

did anyone catch felix cartal?

far away...but 2 days next year

@PasqualeRotella Thats the plan 4 next year! RT @Its_Detor: dude you should consider making beyond wonderland 2 days! i wanna go back already!! (:

The noz center is the lamest venue ever.
    Why would you want to go there twice in the same year.

im staying optimistic and hoping insomniacs venue scouts find some good spots for next year

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post

Andy C
    High Contrast
    Magnetic man
    Net sky
    Camo &krooked

Here are 5 reasons

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Herp a derp

maybe ill go back hmm cause of the line up/ those hangars generate an amazing sound that is juts perfect!

Paul is dead

Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainst View Post
    maybe ill go back hmm cause of the line up/ those hangars generate an amazing sound that is juts perfect!
    IF you think the sound at any stage of the NOS center is "just perfect" you need to get your ears checked, stat.