Thread: Kate Wax 2012

Default Kate Wax 2012

I would love to see her at Coachella! She's amazing.

http://www.kate-wax.com
    http://www.myspace.com/katewax

Swiss-born self-producing avant-garde singer-songwriter Aisha Devi Enz dusts off her Kate Wax persona and teams up with Border Community to unveil her long-awaited second album: a bold new collection of dark, unconventional vocally-exhilarating electronic post-pop going by the name of ‘Dust Collision’ – a reference to the experiments currently going on in Switzerland’s Large Hadron Collider, where her grandfather once worked.

Holed up in the sanctity of her tiny Geneva studio-cave during her baby-making sabbatical, Kate Wax set about transforming her dark internal turmoil into a coherent new musical universe, whose secrets are now opened up to the outside world with the unleashing of her own musical ‘Dust Collision’, expanding to reveal her own magically realistic cosmology of witches, demons, dreams and ghosts. The raw feminine power and expressive versatility of her soprano-trained voice is pushed in every possible direction across the emotional spectrum, at times modulated as if it were a favourite synth in Kate Wax’s ultimate act of communion with the machine, and firmly underpinned by her delicately-balanced, finely-honed and perfectly-pitched minimal synth auto-production aesthetic.

Last edited by david.sound; 12-02-2011 at 03:35 PM.
    I'd do suprefan.

Default Re: Kate Wax 2012

You spelled "soul" wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    It's a bit unfair though, when I change an MP3 halfway through a song at a party I get yelled at, whereas Skrillex probably got a blow job.

Default Re: Kate Wax 2012

I love the album, but the videos I've seen of her performing live leave much to be desired - especially with the inevitable comparisons that would be made between her and other artists that might be similar sounding but have over-the-top live shows.