Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightning in a Bottle 2012

Default Re: Lightning in a Bottle 2012

Quote Originally Posted by anti-square View Post
    Probably Sunday night if I had to guess. That way they can sell out on three day, two day, and single day tickets.
    Yeah that seems like the correct assumption to me. My friends think he'll play on Saturday but I disagree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    I wonder how many people they're gonna cram into that venue this year.
    I'm assuming this will be the most crowded year yet, which I don't think is a good thing. But oh well just something we'll have to accept.

I think Sunday of 2011 sold out so if it's like that the entire weekend, eek.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

Is this at the same venue they do Pacific Festival, cause if so count me the fuck in.

yes, but they make much better use of it.... including a whole second area up on the hill. Most of the camping is done in the dirt area, but the Woogie is in the dirt as well.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

If I find a way to go for free (volunteer/slutout) I'll trot over as its only 2 miles from my mums. Drivers: That canyon is a blast to twist thru (when no traffic)

I heard they were pretty close to capacity last year. I'm not sure if they're going to oversell it too much. It'll definitely feel crowded this year. Last year was great, but there really wasn't enough space for it. I don't recall the capacity

This line up is great for everyone that's going to LiB. There's a lot of unique talent throughout this line up. I'm imagining the day time being blissful and funky and untzy and dupsteppy (I count at least 18 artists that have dubstep in a lot of their sets). But that's what's hot so it's pretty perfect for southern california. Bassnectar...well, he's probably going to contribute to the inevitable sell out. We'll see when...

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    I bet Bassnectar headlines.
    oh shit!

Finally get to see Tipper!

This lineup is ok. Bassnectar and Glitch Mob are kind of lame headliners imo. Apparat is the one act on here I am pooping my pants over. Tipper is pretty sweet as well. Lee Burridge and Nick Warren will throw down.

Maybe I'm just trying to talk it down because I didn't get the time approved off work

Sounds like every one dissing just isn't going to be there and never was.

If they had our favorite artists headlining and there was only ten people there it would be cool right? Lol.
    Haters gonna hate.

Post more pictures please. Looks like a nice crowd of freaky wooks.

I'd love to make it out to this sometime. Definitely seems like a good crowd, more my style. Being the month after Coachella though is tough, as Ive already put most of my resources and time off work into that.

I cant tell if its awesome or sad that im 30 and on my list of goals for the next couple of years is to make it to more shit like this.

Lol. Same here. Coachella is just the start of the festival season man.
    We aren't kids in college or broke ass wooks tho. Gotta find a balance.

LIB is cool cause they sell single day tickets or sat Sunday tickets. Roll out. Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm pretty sure that most of the people posting in here have been. I went to this location in 2010 and for only Sunday of 2011 and the difference was pretty big.

Woogie stage 2010

near Bamboo stage 2010

chill area top of the hill 2010

One great aspect of 2010 was that there was so much open space to run around and relax in. It was so easy to find a hammock to lay in or a comfy papasan chair by the little lake to take a nap in. It was a much different place when I went last year.
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.

If they had our favorite artists headlining and there was only ten people there it would be cool right? Lol.
    Haters gonna hate.

Post more pictures please. Looks like a nice crowd of freaky wooks.
    Ive gone the last 2 years and it really is a re-hashed lineup. Glitch Mob headlined two years ago.... Very nice surprise w/ Shpongle, didnt see that coming. Its an incredible time even w/ out the bigger names, the vibe is what did it for me. It will be crowded, but dont kid yourself, it will be a blast. Great location in the canyon.

I can get weird and listen to music in the desert with ten people any weekend for free.
    I'm paying to freak out among the wooks and bros.
    Not everyone goes to ten festivals a year. We aren't all so lucky to have been cool before it was a word.

Just trying to have a good time and enjoy something we are actually doing. Something we are supporting.
    If things stayed the same you would complain about that too.
    Change is good.

I'm not trying to diss, I still want to go. I have a volunteer spot I just didn't get the time off work. Gonna keep trying though (or call in sick haha..)

The lineup just doesn't have too many acts that make me go "hot damn!" It's more like "cool, this will be fun." Just my personal opinion.

I can get weird and listen to music in the desert with ten people any weekend for free.
    I'm paying to freak out among the wooks and bros.
    Not everyone goes to ten festivals a year. We aren't all so lucky to have been cool before it was a word.

Just trying to have a good time and enjoy something we are actually doing. Something we are supporting.
    If things stayed the same you would complain about that too.
    Change is good.
    Who in the world are you talking to? Go, have fun, nobody cares. Some of us just enjoy discussing lineups, music, and experiences.

Is it still possible to volunteer? Cause the more I think about it, the more I realize I'm not sure if this is worth 215. I'm sure the experience will be amazing, but the lineup does not warrant me paying that price. this festival should be in the 165-175 range.

Tell me about the fun you had last year. Things that are a must see.
    Positive discussion pwease.
    I've never been. I've never seen sphongle.

Wander around a lot during the day. Look at the art, relax in the beautiful spaces the do lab creates.

spend all your money in the marketplace! hippie swag for dayzzzz

personally, if I were going to LiB, I would have enjoyed the music more, this year than last year. I'm still pretty bummed that I can't make this. I've gone 3 years and personally, it got better every year. I mean, 2010 was untouchable, music wise, but I just had way more interactions, experiences and good moments with my friends in 2011. Probably because more of them went that year. Anyhow, i said it before, the line up is perfect for everyone attending. Not happy with bassnectar/glitch mob headlining? so what, most of y'all would be in the woogie with Lee or Android Cartel or Nick Warren regardless of who was on the top of the bill... pretty much the same way a lot of y'all have skipped a headliner for a sahara set... so regardless, everyone's gonna have a good time, increased amount of bros included.

Where's Emancipator though?? c'mon now... that shit was beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy1222 View Post

personally, if I were going to LiB, I would have enjoyed the music more, this year than last year. I'm still pretty bummed that I can't make this. I've gone 3 years and personally, it got better every year. I mean, 2010 was untouchable, music wise, but I just had way more interactions, experiences and good moments with my friends in 2011. Probably because more of them went that year. Anyhow, i said it before, the line up is perfect for everyone attending. Not happy with bassnectar/glitch mob headlining? so what, most of y'all would be in the woogie with Lee or Android Cartel or Nick Warren regardless of who was on the top of the bill... pretty much the same way a lot of y'all have skipped a headliner for a sahara set... so regardless, everyone's gonna have a good time, increased amount of bros included.

Where's Emancipator though?? c'mon now... that shit was beautiful.
    Oh, you mean 3 of the better acts from last year? I'm not looking to repeat experiences, I'm looking to create new ones. All we're saying is the lineup is recycled, not that the festival will not be fun for those in attendance.
    Last edited by Distorted_Jungle; 03-14-2012 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy1222 View Post
    Agreed! I do all my burning man clothes shopping at lightning in a bottle.

Playing nerdy card games at sunrise in one of the wooden pavilion things at the temple in the immediate wake of an epic spiritual journey. The DJ dropped a glitchy remix of Teardrop right at the moment the sun appeared...

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    Oh, you mean 3 of the better acts from last year? I'm not looking to repeat experiences, I'm looking to create new ones. All we're saying is the lineup is recycled, not that the festival will not be fun for those in attendance.
    Yeah... Precisely.

aaronbk

This type of festival isnt about the music. Music is just a cherry on top. But with that being said the lineup is what brings in the other part of the crowd that doesnt go to these things regardless of the music. With bassnectar and glitch mob playing, you will have a ton of blonde tweeny girls in neon colored clothes and glasses with no lenses. That shall suck, but lib is way awesome. HAVE FUN EVERYONE! we shall see if i can make it out.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    fuck the wench

Is this Shpongle live? Shpongletron? Just a DJ set? I need to know how sad I should be.

I definitely don't think it will be Shpongletron that setup is huge. But that is a great question actually because obviously none of us know for sure.