Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Lightning in a Bottle 2012

Default Re: Lightning in a Bottle 2012

I'll definitely hit up the volunteer possibilities next year....

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    Only went to the festival on Sunday and had an amazing time. Everyone we saw was great, especially Random Rab, Lee Burridge, Big Gigantic, and Bassnectar (despite the mixer issues). During Bassnectar's set I was so close that when I was trying to light my lighter the bass would blow the flame out, ears are still ringing from it. Some of the most intense bass I've ever felt. I'll definitely be going next year, but just Saturday and Sunday. Thursday through Monday just seems like it would be way too exhausting for me personally.
    Haha yeah that bass was intense... it had my whole skull rattling, I almost couldn't breath hahah. Really wish I could've gone two days too, I had a blast at LiB but it wore me out
    #coachellaweekend1
    #takeitsleazy

Bassnectar's bass caused the surrounding portapotties to splash up their nectar.

LIB is legit! Apparat was fantastic. The rest of my group went to Grammatik, but came back for the end of the set to realize they should have stayed with me. Had to step away for a few minutes during Shpongle. Got a little intense. Luckily the area around the Bamboo stage is surreal and calming with lots of people to lay with and pretty lights to watch. Slept outside at the temple on Friday night. All the yoga sessions I went to were amazing. Group mediation woke me the fuck up on Sat! Definitely felt the energy. Somehow ended up in the comic book on Sat night, which blew my mind since I didn't know it was there. Just trying to get out of the crowd during Glitch Mob. Up until sunrise Sat at the Buda lounge. So much incredible art and clothing. Need to bring more money next year. Such good vibes from everyone I met. And so many people with creativity and talent. This was the best Bassnectar show I've seen despite the mixer problems. He really knows how to target his set to the crowd. And when he dropped his Ed Solo remix...damn!!!!

And Dancesafe is an awesome organization: We need more organizations like this.

Life changing....My art and life will never be the same.

Next level shit.

future trill. Bless it!

The Woogie was unfucking real this year! Props to my brother Mikey Lion, Lee Burridge, Idiot Savant, Lee Reynolds & Nick Warren for having the best sets of the weekend!! THE VIBE WAS INCREDIBLE

The sahara tent 2013 should take hints from the woogie this year..

also, is it just me or did pumpkin have the creepiest shit-eating-grin on during his whole set?

Why are there not more pictures or recordings?

i had soooo much fun i didn't take one single pic or recording...too busy smiling and laughing.

check my Facebook pics if you haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Why are there not more pictures or recordings?
    other than the lack of a battery charger, i found the vibe at these festivals is so great, there is barely anyone filming/obsessively snapping photos as they are so caught up in the love going around

Everybody at the Woogie was dancing with each other.
    It's kind of different than being in an crowd who are all facing the stage with their cameras in the air.

And waaaay more bare naked boobies than at Coachella too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    i found the vibe at these festivals is so great, there is barely anyone filming/obsessively snapping photos as they are so caught up in the love going around
    I love and appreciate this vibe. People are connecting with the actual experience rather than trying to capture it for later (even though it can't be captured). I did camp with a few photographers so maybe I'll post some of their photos at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by RickeyinLA View Post

And waaaay more bare naked boobies than at Coachella too.

OC weekly had a slideshow of topless ladies at LIB. And I wish I would of bought one of the Woogie shirts. That stage seemed to be going off every time I stopped by.

Goat, I went to several camps with a Cali flag on the lower level and couldn't find your setup. Wish I could have enjoyed some LIB with you guys.

announcement for 2013 next week.....
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Lightning In A Bottle will be at a new location....

The Lightning in a Bottle festival has its sights on a site usually reserved for lovers of wine and balloons.

On Tuesday, Jan. 29, the Riverside County Board of Supervisors approved the festival’s application for using the Lake Skinner Recreation Area, the same site that hosts the Temecula Valley Balloon and Wine Festival, for July 12-14, 2013.

In previous years, the festival has attracted electronic dance music (EDM) artists that have played other notable festivals, including Coachella alumni Bassnectar, Shpongle and The Glitch Mob.

The festival is put on by the Do LaB, which also has a designated area of music, art, dancing and a visual interactive experience at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival.

In the past, Lightning in a Bottle has happened at various SoCal sites, including the Oak Canyon Ranch in Orange County.

According to the application, festival organizers are expecting up to 15,000 attendees and will offer workshops on green and healthy lifestyles. A business plan also outlines three stages of speakers and performances that will run until midnight.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

Boo! Sucks for me.

Today has been full of .

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Boo! Sucks for me.

Today has been full of .
    How far are the sites away from each other?
    Sorry about your tough day, Gunz. Go to sleep with a smile anyways
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

It doesn't matter. I was all about making this happen this year, full board. No cheating, full pass, etc, but if it's not convenient it's not happening. It's probably all good in the long run. This year is about saving money.

Never been but if it's not even at Oak Canyon this year....
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

so, I guess I"m going to LIB this year.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

earlier this morning it said July 12th - 14th. now it's the 11th - 15th? crazy. My birthday is July 12th, so I pretty have to go this year.
    2012 2013 2014

i might just shed a tear
    curfew at midnight? lame
    2012w1
    2013w1

It looks residential. I read a couple people's concerns about a curfew, that would really suck.

it's not really all that residential. the closest housing track is relatively close to the east side of the lake where the water treatment plant things are, but from what I can tell the festival will be where the main recreation area is which is on the west side of the lake. the west side of the lake is surrounded by mountains.

Temecula isn't likely to approve music passed midnight though. the Balloon and Wine festival ends at like 10pm, but it's a much older crowd and may not be a result of a curfew. with camping being allowed though, they may have convinced the city to allow music beyond midnight (but I still doubt it, knowing Temecula).
    2012 2013 2014

The four day festival, which has taken place at Orange County's Oak Canyon Park since 2009, was forced to find a new home due to zoning changes at that location. Dede Flemming, co-founder of the DoLab, the production company behind Lightning in a Bottle, said the group was notified in September that Oak Canyon would no longer be able to host the event. The land that borders the park was recently donated to the Irvine Ranch Conservancy. Because the park, and specifically the onsite Irvine Lake, now border Conservancy-owned land, all large-scale music festivals there have been forced out.
    Lame.... but it was only a matter of time.

Lightning in a Bottle 2013 will take place July 11-15. A 48 hour ticket presale begins at 10am on Tuesday, February 12 at the event's website.
    didnt read or see anything about curfew. Nor did i see anything about camping.... Looks like capacity is now 15,000 which is 4 - 6,000 more. And its about 90 miles from Oak Canyon for those that were asking.

I read people's posts on FB about the curfew. Not sure how much they know or don't know but there were multiple 12am curfew comments.

It being in Temecula, the 12am curfew doesn't surprise me.
    2012 2013 2014

*technically* Lake Skinner is a part of Riverside County and not Temecula City proper, so who knows.
    2012 2013 2014

12 a.m. curfew would be a huuuuge bust.