Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Lightning in a Bottle 2012

Default Re: Lightning in a Bottle 2012

anyone have a car camping pass for sale?

Ahh so my sister is taking me to LiB, so stoked! In there like swimwear guize, anyone know when the set times will be announced?
    #coachellaweekend1
    #takeitsleazy

I'm surprised people aren't making a bigger deal about Opiuo. His brand of "bass music" is so unique and progressive (the only other person working in the same sphere I would say is Tipper)

Also surprised more people aren't talking about star slinger, big gigantic and gramatik.

As someone who can only make it to saturday and sunday, I hope the set times are kind to me.

-tim
    DRUGS ON KIDS

Quote Originally Posted by thagorillaz View Post
    I'm surprised people aren't making a bigger deal about Opiuo. His brand of "bass music" is so unique and progressive (the only other person working in the same sphere I would say is Tipper)

Also surprised more people aren't talking about star slinger, big gigantic and gramatik.

As someone who can only make it to saturday and sunday, I hope the set times are kind to me.

-tim
    Set times were announced earlier. I love me some Opiuo, he's playing on Sunday from 11:45-1:00. He's conflicting with Bassnectar so I'm gonna watch his set then finish off the night with Bassnectar. Here's the times for anyone interested:

http://lightninginabottle.org/blog/2...ges-announced/

Yeah I just saw the set times this morning. I'm a little bummed about tipper, shpongle, apparat and Gramatik, but I expected some disappointments. Very happy I get to see all of the below. Who am I crazy for missing? Who am I crazy for seeing? Who are you all most excited for?

Saturday

12:30-2:00 * * * The Glitch Mob @ Lightning
    12:15-1:15 * * * Star Slinger @ Bamboo
    11:00-12:00 * * Lucent Dossier Experience w/ feat. guest Mirabai Devi @Lightning
    10:45-12:15 * * An-ten-nae @ Bamboo
    10:00-12:00 * * Jesse Rose @ Woogie
    9:00-10:30 * * * EOTO @ Lightning
    5:30-6:30 * * * * Robot Koch @ Bamboo
    1:00-1:25 * * * * Workshop:“Inner Jedi Activation” – Staff Spinning @ Bamboo
    12:20-1:00 * * *Giant Mind -Lightning in a Bottle Experience @ Lightning

Sunday

12:15-2:00 * * * Bassnectar @ Lightning
    11:45-1:00 * * * OPIUO @ Bamboo
    10:30-11:45 * * Dj Laura @ Bamboo
    10:25-11:40 Big Gigantic @ Lightning
    8:00-9:15 * * * * Salva @ Bamboo
    7:00-10:00 * * * Lee Burridge @ Woogie
    5:30-7:00 * * * * Pumpkin @ Woogie
    12:00-1:05 * * * The Fungineers
    10:45-11:45 * * Workshop: Dubstep Popping Dance @ Bamboo

See you all at LiB! Any plans for a board meet up?

-tim
    DRUGS ON KIDS

So there wouldn't be a way for me to just attend Friday without spending for the entire weekend?
    For your health

Quote Originally Posted by thagorillaz View Post
    Yeah I just saw the set times this morning. I'm a little bummed about tipper, shpongle, apparat and Gramatik, but I expected some disappointments. Very happy I get to see all of the below. Who am I crazy for missing? Who am I crazy for seeing? Who are you all most excited for?

See you all at LiB! Any plans for a board meet up?

-tim
    are you not going friday? why no friday artists on your list?

just saw your past post...sorry...bummer

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    are you not going friday? why no friday artists on your list?

just saw your past post...sorry...bummer
    yeah, id be more bummed if I was missing it because of work or something, but Im coming home from a semester in Prague, so it's a fair enough trade.

-Tim
    DRUGS ON KIDS

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    So there wouldn't be a way for me to just attend Friday without spending for the entire weekend?
    Unfortunately the one day pass is just for Sunday.

met a lot of amazing people this past weekend...all will be attending LIB. So excite. Ran our camp again out in J tree this past weekend.
    Im always worried people will hate on us because all the lights and lasers and sound.....nothing but love. Got our own designated area and had guests coming in and out of camp 48 hrs straight. really pumped for LIB and hoping this good vibe follows our camp into Silverado.

met a lot of amazing people this past weekend...all will be attending LIB. So excite. Ran our camp again out in J tree this past weekend.
    Im always worried people will hate on us because all the lights and lasers and sound.....nothing but love. Got our own designated area and had guests coming in and out of camp 48 hrs straight. really pumped for LIB and hoping this good vibe follows our camp into Silverado.
    People at LiB always bring nothing but good vibes. My mom is coming into town this weekend and I haven't seen her in a year, so I'm only going to LiB on Sunday. But my girl and I, and probably some of the crew, will for sure find you guys. Can't wait to check out the camp, you bringing the shrine? If so I'll have some offerings!

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    People at LiB always bring nothing but good vibes. My mom is coming into town this weekend and I haven't seen her in a year, so I'm only going to LiB on Sunday. But my girl and I, and probably some of the crew, will for sure find you guys. Can't wait to check out the camp, you bringing the shrine? If so I'll have some offerings!
    yes we are bringing the shrine. Sucks you won't be there thursday-monday....heavy wookin.
    Is Ricardo and Greg going the whole weekend?

yes we are bringing the shrine. Sucks you won't be there thursday-monday....heavy wookin.
    Is Ricardo and Greg going the whole weekend?
    Yup they'll be there all weekend. I know it does suck but gotta spend time with moms. I'll make up for my absence all day Sunday.

I'm in heavy need of some ritual. Music + community help me regenerate.

your coachella set-up is sick and I hope to come across it at LIB. Nobody should hate on something that adds to the experience.

We will be there...look for a california flag flying high and all the art and lighting. Looking forward to meeting you there.

I'm going by myself this weekend, arriving on Thursday. I'll definitely stop by and check out the set up sometime. See everybody soon!!! My favorite festival environment..

Some really good words coming down from the other festival that took place at Pyramid Lake this past weekend. A lot of heads coming down from there to LIB and it seems the positive energy is on extra high! Lets keep this shit thumping. Help anybody and everybody you can and keep an eye out for each other.

This scene is really starting to blossom in a great way. We all define that. Creative juices are flowing. Bring your craft to LIB and share. Cant wait to see you all there.

I met so many good people this past weekend at the Joshua Tree Music Festival and everyone I met seemed to be going to LIB...from vendors to festival goers. Like one big happy family.

I'm feeling it! We had an all night party on Sunday. Met lots of new people that are heading up to LIB. Also really good vibes from everyone here in Phx. People are going to be trying out initial versions of their BM camps, new toys, and new art creations. There also seemed to be more discussion of the workshops than the shows so not just people looking to get thizzed, but plenty of that too. I'm riding up with strangers rather than friends just for the experience.

I may make it on Sunday. We will try.

Quote Originally Posted by Timestretch View Post
    I'm feeling it! We had an all night party on Sunday. Met lots of new people that are heading up to LIB. Also really good vibes from everyone here in Phx. People are going to be trying out initial versions of their BM camps, new toys, and new art creations. There also seemed to be more discussion of the workshops than the shows so not just people looking to get thizzed, but plenty of that too. I'm riding up with strangers rather than friends just for the experience.
    lots of bacon...

yes art and theme camps.

wire wraps, holograms, copper work, gems and jewels, hooping, dancing, permiculture, solar power, thinking, meditation, yoga, whole foods, jewelry, clothes.

I am linking up with people from all over the country and trading a lot of art, selling art for others that can't make it and buying art Ive had my eye on for awhile.

Last edited by Goatchella; 05-22-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    I may make it on Sunday. We will try.
    you deserve this.

Looking for a car camping pass. My mother is joining me and she is disabled would really love to drive her since I cant imagine how I would get her on that bus. $200 for a car pass.

good luck.
    they sold out super fast. they have trams to cart you around, so you can't use a disability excuse. just send out some good energy and look on LIB Facebook even and official page and also on craigslist.

I had to buy two extra tickets to get a pass...gave the tickets to some friends and had to buy another for 160$ from the artist that did those painting. I also bought a print from her and donated money to a raffle to get their RV fixed....which is the only way they could let the camping pass go.

Can't wait for this weekend! Bummed out that I can't make it all three days, but I'm going to make the most of my experience on Sunday. I'm definitely intereted in buying some art too. How much cash do you think one would need for art purchases? I have little to no expereince buying art so I really don't know how much things cost.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    Can't wait for this weekend! Bummed out that I can't make it all three days, but I'm going to make the most of my experience on Sunday. I'm definitely intereted in buying some art too. How much cash do you think one would need for art purchases? I have little to no expereince buying art so I really don't know how much things cost.
    A couple hundred at minimum. Art aint cheap brotha.

that sacred flower print is $10.

holograms are $10

trades are always welcome...gotta be smoove man. If you need something money is not an object.

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    A couple hundred at minimum. Art aint cheap brotha.
    if ya just want prints it isn't a big deal, If you want serious original art or something big it is expensive.

Ill spend a couple hundo on one piece of jewelry or a belt or something. I don't like buying canvas at shows because it gets worked

Right on, thanks guys. I think I'll end up buying a piece of jewelry for my girl and maybe a few prints.

Never been to the festival, and to be honest I never really planned on it.
    But I found out this passed weekend that i'm working it, so i'm really really excited/curious. Star slinger & apparat will be awesome, and i'm really stoked to catch a lot of artists that I didn't know before.
    Last edited by KelMitchellDreads; 05-23-2012 at 03:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMagnanimous View Post
    If you escaped what I escaped, you'd be at coachella getting fucked up too.

Quote Originally Posted by KelMitchellDreads View Post
    Never been to the festival, and to be honest I never really planned on it.
    But I found out this passed weekend that i'm working it, so i'm really really excited/curious. Star slinger & apparat will be awesome, and i'm really catch a lot of artists that I didn't know before.
    don't miss acts IMO..

Friday

9:30-10:30 am 33 bowls

6:15-7:25 LYNX
    7:30-9:00 Gramatik
    9:00-10:30 GAUDI
    10:30-12:00 Minnesota
    12-1:30 Nit Grit

Saturday
    11:15-12:30 pm seed
    1pm-2pm. Elders Council

4:00-5:30 GoldRush