Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightning in a Bottle 2012

Default Re: Lightning in a Bottle 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    This is right next to my moms house, but I don't really feel like throwing down for this. Anyone need someone who will put out for the weekend? *GOAT*
    Just come. I promise a space adventre

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    That was a real wise decision to book a festival in SoCal on the first Coachella weekend.
    None of my psytrance/moontribers will go near Coachella. It's actually a smart idea.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    That was a real wise decision to book a festival in SoCal on the first Coachella weekend.
    Considering the lineup for Coachella sucks balls it's actually a pretty wise time for people looking for alternatives, plus the crowd that attends that festival is not the crowd that attends Coachella.

So you are telling me of the 75,000 people who are going to Coachella weekend 1, none of them would want to go to this small festival? They need every person they can get, and even missing out on 500 people who would like to go to both would be a huge hit.
    For your health

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    Considering the lineup for Coachella sucks balls it's actually a pretty wise time for people looking for alternatives, plus the crowd that attends that festival is not the crowd that attends Coachella.
    I assume you're a raver. I say this because the line-up is pretty good outside the Sahara.

Quote Originally Posted by Phunkevil View Post
    I assume you're a raver. I say this because the line-up is pretty good outside the Sahara.
    If a fan of quality EDM is something you consider a raver than I guess I am, but I don't consider myself a raver. Outside of a few bands the Coachella lineup doesn't suit my taste in music whatsoever. The complete lack of deep house, tech house, techno, drum n bass or any other form of respectable bass music is enough to say the lineup sucks balls for me. I'm sure the Do Lab will have some decent bass music but I rather go to something else for cheaper than to Coachella to sit at the do lab for 3 days.

I was under the impression that this year's EDM lineup is raver's wet dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

A good Sahara lineup for Ravers and tots yes.

Adults with taste that like to thiz and dance, nO

Quote Originally Posted by Phunkevil View Post
    Werd to that. And this is pre-late adds and dome/do-lab lineups. My only complaint is there is just to much swedish music..... And Distorted, arent u a fan of SHM, feel like that shoulda made u somewhat happy (unless i didnt like their EDC set)
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Werd to that. And this is pre-late adds and dome/do-lab lineups. My only complaint is there is just to much swedish music..... And Distorted, arent u a fan of SHM, feel like that shoulda made u somewhat happy (unless i didnt like their EDC set)
    1. There is no dome, so this lineup is not pre-dome, and there will be no worthwhile late adds.
    2. I'm going to ********* and will essentially get enough of what's in the Do Lab there (and the do lab isn't worth $300 + time and other expenses to get there)
    3. I did like Swedish House Mafia when they first started, but as they have gone on it's just got really shitty in my opinion. Their set at EDC last year was terrible. I will admit I still listen to the older sets every once in a while but it's just not something I support anymore. My taste in music has changed quite a bit over the last year because of a lot of new tunes I have discovered.

Edit: But there's no mystery to why you like the lineup, Dre & Snoop are on it and I'm assuming that was enough.
    Last edited by Distorted_Jungle; 02-16-2012 at 08:32 AM.

Why do you think there will be no worthwhile late adds? Chase and Status last year should have been enough proof against that statement (and they were added after the fest sold out). In addition to artists high up on the bill bailed, so thats more reason for late adds.

And yes, Dre and Snoop play a huge part in me really approving the lineup, but so do Noisia, Modeselektor, Sub Focus, Flylo, The black Keys (been wanting to see what the hype is about), DJ Shadow, Amon Tobin, Beats Antique, and the countless artists i discover as a result of the schedule not being completlty booked with artists i know/love.

Most importantly, its fucking Coachella, and it has always put a smile on my face (and im guessing it has with nost of you, seeing as your all boardies) every year i have went, even when it had had lineups i dont like. And yes, maybe this 2 weekend thing will be what pushes me over the edge, but until i give it a shot and come back unsatisfied, i will go with a smile in my face and a blunt in my hand.
    Last edited by juloxx; 02-16-2012 at 04:54 PM.

You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

So how bout that lib party?

I hear Coachella has nothing to do with it.

Why do you think there will be no worthwhile late adds? Chase and Status last year should have been enough proof against that statement (and they were added after the fest sold out). In addition to artists high up on the bill bailed, so thats more reason for late adds.

And yes, Dre and Snoop play a huge part in me really approving the lineup, but so do Noisia, Modeselektor, Sub Focus, Flylo, The black Keys (been wanting to see what the hype is about), DJ Shadow, Amon Tobin, Beats Antique, and the countless artists i discover as a result of the schedule not being completlty booked with artists i know/love.

Most importantly, its fucking Coachella, and it has always put a smile on my face (and im guessing it has with nost of you, seeing as your all boardies) every year i have went, even when it had had lineups i dont like. And yes, maybe this 2 weekend thing will be what pushes me over the edge, but until i give it a shot and come back unsatisfied, i will go with a smile in my face and a blunt in my hand.
    There's just better options for my taste in music, and it's my opinion that lineup sucks balls outside of a few acts. Not because there aren't good acts but because the lineup lacks originality and any rare acts. Regardless, this isn't the thread for this. Back to LiB talks for those going.

LIB is gonna be bad for me.

I become hypnotized by dancers and hoopers.

Tell me there will be no hooping or dancing please.

I like your attitude, juloxx.

Shhhhh! The "cool" boardies will crucify you for saying that

Yeah, you don't want others stating their opinions on an internet message board. All I did was state my opinions when asked about them while clearly stating they were my opinions based on my taste in music, I didn't crucify anyone.

So back on topic, do you think the LiB lineup is going to be better/equal/worse than the ********* lineup? I think they made enough money on last years event to step it up quite a bit this year. Curious to see what they bring, I just hope it's something I can skip so I can save money.

I'm not hatin' Distorted_Jungle, I feel both ends of this argument.

I hope their lineup is great. I think they will be able to book some bigger acts for sure. There will most likely be some cross over from the ********* lineup. I do think they have more money than ********* but I don't really know...

Quote Originally Posted by Natelevmofuggaz View Post
    I'm not hatin' Distorted_Jungle, I feel both ends of this argument.

I hope their lineup is great. I think they will be able to book some bigger acts for sure. There will most likely be some cross over from the ********* lineup. I do think they have more money than ********* but I don't really know...
    Oh, that wasn't geared toward you. I'm not trying to hate on anyone going, just voicing my opinion.

I think there will be quite a bit of crossover from ********* to LiB, although I don't see LiB getting acts like Little Dragon because it's not dubsteppy enough. All I really care about seeing from LiB's lineup is whether the Woogie is better than the techno/house acts that ********* gets. I don't doubt they have more money, they just have a lot more competition that weekend with Sasquatch and DEMF being the same weekend so it will be interesting to see what they book.

Yeah I hope the fact that Sasquatch and DEMF are at the same time will not mean that artists playing those fests don't make it to LiB. Makes me happy ********* isn't that weekend though because they can still definitely book the same acts (and ********* is the one I'm going to for sure as of now).

I'm with you on the woogie stage type acts, I need me some good mnml/deep house/techno. I'm really hoping for some artists off of Stroboscopic artefacts. That would make me so happy.

Line up is out march 13.

The nice thing about this being close to mums is I can possibly grow a wild hair and go. Maybe just forthe acid.

Can't wait to get weird at LIB!!!

Whewwaw me three

Got accepted to volunteer! Now I just need to get the time approved off work.. Keeping my fingers crossed. This will be awesome.

I need to get car camping so I can bring my psycAMP out there.

Anyone know where or how I can find car camping?

aaronbk

Lineup drop tomorrow. I am curious as too who will be on this years lineup.

Yesssssir!

How do we know it will be tomorrow?

aaronbk

They have announced that they will release the lineup tomorrow. So we know this because of facebook and the powers of the internet!