Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Red Hot Chili Peppers 2012 US Dates

Default Re: Red Hot Chili Peppers 2012 US Dates

Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Gorgeous writing, Spooks.
    Thank god we can agree on one thing. Bjork's new album is fuckin fantastic!

8/19 Run the Jewels @ Sir Stage 37
    8/21 The Clean @ Rough Trade
    8/21 J Rocc/GE-OLOGY @ Panther Room
    8/23 Bad Brains/Trash Talk @ Afropunk
    8/23 Kevin Saunderson @ TBA
    8/24 D'Angelo @ Afropunk

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Thank god we have one thing in common as well. Fuckin Chris!

8/24 D'Angelo @ Afropunk

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Is there any way that Dani can disable Spook's copy/paste ability, so it forces him to post original thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    It's really boring when people use this thread to post about their successes.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    ...... hey im not posting anything in here about half raptor half alligator people

Quote Originally Posted by RedHotSgtPeppers View Post
    Is there any way that Dani can disable Spook's copy/paste ability, so it forces him to post original thoughts?
    Yes cause you have so much to offer for this message board dude! Maybe you should stop listening to Red Hot Chili Boys/Soundgarden and grow up little bit. We're not in the 90s anymore.

And when I say contributing maybe post some shit about your favorite shows/albums you heard in 2011. Bet you can't even come up with 20. You post shit on Skrillex thread and actually think you're cool for hating him? Even my 15 year old cousin knows that shit is garbage. Do something productive with your life buddy. I know life must suck out in Oklahoma but at least you get two nights of the Flaming Lips this year. Have you heard about them?

8/24 D'Angelo @ Afropunk

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Yes cause you have so much to offer for this message board dude! Maybe you should stop listening to Red Hot Chili Boys/Soundgarden and grow up little bit. We're not in the 90s anymore.
    People should never stop listening to 90's music. Bands like Nirvana and Red Hot Chili Peppers will be listened to for many years to come. Fuck you
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    Spoon Aug 8 Hollywood
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

Opened 2 Tickets for the 3rd row on night 2! so stoked. The Chili Peppers have been one of my favorite bands for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooks View Post
    Yes cause you have so much to offer for this message board dude! Maybe you should stop listening to Red Hot Chili Boys/Soundgarden and grow up little bit. We're not in the 90s anymore
    Yeah its not the 70s anymore either. So I guess we should stop listening to Zed and Floyd too. What a retarded comment.

New dates which will lead them to their appearance @ Bonnaroo on 6/8 Friday (6/9 Radiohead 6/10 Phish)

04/27 Toronto, ON Air Canada Center (on sale 1/27)

04/30 Ottawa, ON Scotiabank Place (on sale 1/27)

05/02 Montreal, QC Bell Centre (on sale 1/28)

05/04 Newark, NJ Prudential Center (on sale 1/28)

05/07 Boston, MA TD Bank North Garden (on sale 1/27)

05/10 Washington, DC Verizon Center (on sale 1/27)

05/11 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center (on sale 1/27)

05/25 St. Louis, MO Scottrade Arena (on sale 1/28)

05/26 Grand Rapids, MI Van Andel Arena (on sale 1/27)

05/28 Chicago, IL Allstate Arena (on sale 1/28)

05/30 Pittsburgh, PA Consol Energy Center (on sale 1/27)

06/01 Detroit, MI Palace of Auburn Hills (on sale 1/27)

06/02 Cleveland, OH Quicken Loans Arena (on sale 1/27)

06/04 Columbus, OH Schottenstein Center (on sale 1/27)

06/06 Cincinnati, OH U.S. Bank Arena (on sale 1/27)

06/07 Louisville, KY KFC Yum Center (on sale 1/28)

8/24 D'Angelo @ Afropunk

old school

Lolla also looked like a decent possibility. Euro tour stops in Finland Wed Augus 1st, then a 4 week break.

Best Band the world has ever seen. SPook is my hero

Quote Originally Posted by flaminggodlikecreature View Post
    Best Band the world has ever seen. SPook is my hero
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

Good first post.

I forgot how stupid this thread was.

Sleigh Bells, Santigold and Little Dragon will share opening duties for the rhcp u.s dates

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Sleigh Bells, Santigold and Little Dragon will share opening duties for the rhcp u.s dates
    What happened to janelle monae? If sleigh bells are opening at staples I'm debating coming late...

For those who saw their rooftop concert at Venice Beach last year on the boardwalk (7/30/11), at one point Kiedis said: "See you all at Coachella!"
    Now what that means I'm not sure. But their dates do make sense. And Santigold (opener) is performing 4/15 & 4/22.
    I'm sure someone will say I shoulda posted this elsewhere or it's already been said. I searched. This seemed most appropriate.
    Go Green.
    Coachella '05-'13
    Outside Lands '12-'13

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

you do know that the lineup has been out for months, right?
    August 30 - Sleep
    August 31 - Sleep
    September 5 - Seth Troxler
    September 14 - Lily Allen
    September 16 - Earth
    September 20 - Skeletonwitch
    September 21 - Nails
    September 23 - Andy Stott
    October 3-5 - Austin City Limits
    October 10 - Bonobo
    October 20 - Mastodon
    October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 15 - Primus
    November 18 - Slayer

What It’s Like to Open for the Red Hot Chili Peppers

By John Jurgensen

Swedish band Little DragonThis summer, countless bands will experience one of music’s most important rituals: opening a concert for a bigger headlining act.

Last week, I hung out in St. Louis with the electro-pop group Little Dragon, on their first night of a tour with the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Formed in the 1990s by high school friends in Gothenburg, Sweden, Little Dragon are a seasoned bunch—they’ve released three albums, opened for Gorillaz, and recorded with collaborators such as DJ Shadow and OutKast’s Big Boi.

But the crowd of 14,000 at the sold-out Scottrade Center was one of the band’s biggest audiences.

They’d signed on for 11 concerts with the Chili Peppers, who have also recently tapped support acts such as Santigold and Sleigh Bells.

Here’s a timeline of Little Dragon’s night:

5:20 Chili Peppers guitarist Josh Klinghoffer accompanies members of his band’s technical crew on a soundcheck. They do a brief rendition of “Suck My Kiss” featuring alternate lyrics: “Check, one, two, check, check.”

6:10 Little Dragon quickly rolls instruments and lighting on stage for its own soundcheck. Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith ambles out, wearing a Kiss shirt. He bonds with the band over gear, and seems riveted by the their electronic drum pad: “Now I gotta get one.”

7:00 Ushers and security guards file into the Scottrade Center and get their assignments for the evening. Little Dragon members hit the catering room and stockpile plates of food for later. In their dressing room, Yukimi Nagano kneels on the floor to iron the dress she’ll wear on stage.

7:30 Flea visits their dressing room, wearing slippers with Magic Johnson’s face on them. Chats about life on the road, mutual acquaintances, and the Chili Peppers stage show. Exhibits zero star attitude. To Nagano he says, “Hi. I’m Flea. Nice to meet you. Thanks so much for doing this. I’m so excited. I love you guys. I’m so happy that you agreed to do it.”

7:42 Little Dragon members take turns using the bathroom before hitting the stage. Chili Peppers lead singer Anthony Kiedis can be heard warming up his voice in a nearby rehearsal room.

7:50 Little Dragon forms a huddle with their managers, Heathcliff Berru and Andy Valdez, just behind the stage. They stack their hands and chant, in Swedish, “This could be our last show ever. Let’s kill it and play for ourselves. Lets make it massive and monumental!” But as they head for the stage stairs, a nearby Chili Peppers crew member hits pause on their big moment. “You still got 10 minutes.”

7:55 Anthony Kiedis, nursing an injured foot, rolls up on a scooter to say hi. He offers some last-minute advice handed down to him from funk icon George Clinton, “Play to the last row. Everyone else in between will get it.”

8:00 Little Dragon opens with the swerving synth and thudding bass of their song “Looking Glass” as Chili Peppers’ fans file into the arena carrying big plastic cups of beer.

8:19 The band is briefly bathed in light when their tour manager and lighting guy Matt Shein hits the wrong button, accidentally flipping on the Chili Peppers’ massive lighting rig.

8:30 The band chugs through one of its most popular songs, “Little Man.” The earnest dancing of two men in the front row spreads to other pockets of fans.

8:38 Before wrapping up the set, Nagano goes for a surefire applause line: “So let me ask you guys, are you ready for the Red Hot Chili Peppers?”

8:50 Back in their dressing room, band members high five each other, come down from their adrenaline rush, compare notes on audience members who were feeling it, others who were not.

9:30 The band congregates at the side of the stage to watch the Chili Peppers perform. After walking across the stage on his hands, Flea lets the crowd know that Little Dragon is “cool as sh–.”

10:12 Fourteen thousand people sing along to the chorus of “Under the Bridge.”

11:52 The concert is over, but Little Dragon’s bus won’t leave until 2:00 at least. Nagano paints her manager’s fingernails. The band’s sings along to “Hotel California,” drink beers and take turns modeling a pair of novelty glasses with a vibrating nose.

12:43 With luggage packed and stowed in the tour bus, they climb aboard to wait around some more before rolling out to the next concert in Grand Rapids, Mich., eight hours away. They take a few minutes to debate the proper wording for a thank you tweet. “@LittleDragon: @chilipeppers were great tonight. Shout out to the guys for welcoming us with open arms. Fun tour ahead! @flea333″
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I wonder how the crowd is going to like Thundercat night one at Staples and Off! night 2.