Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bruce Springsteen 2012 Dates

Default Re: Bruce Springsteen 2012 Dates

Quote Originally Posted by Footsteps86 View Post
    These set lists lately have me thinking the Glendale show is going to be extra special with it being the last show of 2012.
    I'm sure it'll be a blast. I saw the last 'official' show of the Magic tour in KC in 2008. Someone made a sign that said 'LET MAX SING', Bruce took it, and sure enough, Max sang "Boys", a Pete Best song from the 60's. Soozie sang 'It's All Over Now'. They also played several rarities - Rickey Wants a Man of Her Own, Cynthia, Candy's Room, Devils and Dust, 4th of July (Asbury Park), etc.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

Candy's Room is a rarity?
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Candy's Room is a rarity?
    Well, I don't think they played it too often on that tour, could be wrong tho.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

Just got my Oakland tix on the GA Floor. Can't wait for November 30th!
    -Zach

Bruce on the election:

Dear Friends:

The election is coming up on all of us and we all have strong feelings about it. I’ve been getting asked a lot about where I stand, so for those who are interested, here goes.

This presidential election is different than the last one because President Obama has a four year record to run on. Last time around, he carried with him a tremendous amount of hope and expectations. Unfortunately, due to the economic chaos the previous administration left him with, and the extraordinary intensity of the opposition, it turned into a really rough ride. But through grit, determination, and focus, the President has been able to do a great many things that many of us deeply support.

Domestically, that record includes working to increase and expand employment for all, protecting our all important social safety net, passing guaranteed health care for most of our citizens, with important new protections for all of the insured, rescuing the auto industry and so many of the American jobs that go with it, protecting and enhancing the rights of women, and bringing us closer to full acceptance of our gay and lesbian brothers and sisters.

In foreign affairs, that record includes following through on the removal of troops from the misguided and deceptive war in Iraq, and vigorously pursuing our real foreign enemies, especially the killing of Osama Bin Laden.

Right now the opposition’s resort to voter suppression in so many states is not receiving as much attention as it deserves. I believe that all of us, of whatever views, should be opposing these anti-voter, anti-citizen efforts.

Right now, for the President to be effective in his next term he needs our increased support and he needs support in the Congress, where some sterling candidates, such as current Senator Sherrod Brown of Ohio, challenger Elizabeth Warren in Massachusetts, and so many others, are fighting to make their constructive voices heard.

Right now, there is an ever increasing division of wealth in this country, with the benefits going more and more to the 1 percent. For me, President Obama is our best choice to begin to reverse this harmful development.

Right now, there is a fight going on to help make this a fairer and more equitable nation. For me, President Obama is our best choice to get us and keep us moving in the right direction.

Right now, we need a President who has a vision that includes all of our citizens, not just some, whether they are our devastated poor, our pressured middle class, and yes, the wealthy too; whether they are male or female, black, white, brown, or yellow, straight or gay, civilian or military.

Right now, there is a choice going on in America, and I’m happy that we live in a country where we all participate in that process. For me, President Obama is our best choice because he has a vision of the United States as a place where we are all in this together. We’re still living through very hard times but justice, equality and real freedom are not always a tide rushing in. They are more often a slow march, inch by inch, day after long day. I believe President Obama feels these days in his bones and has the strength to live them with us and to lead us to a country “…where no one crowds you and no one goes it alone.”

That’s why I plan to be in Ohio and Iowa supporting the re-election of President Obama to lead our country for the next four years.

Bruce Springsteen
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

well that's a surprise
    HAY CAN SOMEONE DRIVE DOWN TO THE FESTIVAL GROUNDS AND SEE IF THE BEER BARN IS REALLY A BARN?

Last night the Boss played a free show in Virginia for about 5,000 people and it seems like he had a great time

"First debate really freaked me out, then Romney got schooled twice by Obama / Smilin' Joe Biden brought the drama / Fox News must be smokin' marijuana."

4/14 Scuba/Francois K @ Cielo
    4/15 Daniel Rossen @ MHOW
    4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR
    4/18 Lauren Garnier @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band announce 17 additional dates in Europe for the 2013 leg of the Wrecking Ball World Tour!

In addition, Bruce & The E Street Band’s headlining performance at Rock In Rio 2013 has already been announced and other tour dates will be announced shortly.

To date, the Wrecking Ball World Tour has stopped in 17 countries for over 80 shows including several of the longest performances of Springsteen’s career, earning him and the band universal acclaim, so don’t miss your chance to see Bruce & The E Street Band in 2013!

New 2013 Wrecking Ball World Tour Dates:

May 26 – Munich, Germany – Olympiastadion – on sale Dec. 1 at eventim.de
    May 28 – Hannover, Germany – AWD Arena – on sale Dec. 1 at eventim.de
    May 30 – Naples, Italy – Piazza Plebiscito – on sale Dec. 7 at ticketone.it
    June 1 – Padova, Italy – Stadio Euganeo – on sale Dec. 7 at ticketone.it
    June 3 – Milan, Italy – Stadio San Siro – on sale Dec. 1 at ticketone.it
    June 15 – London, England – Wembley Stadium – on sale Dec. 7 at ticketmaster.co.uk
    June 18 – Glasgow, Scotland – Hampden Park – on sale Dec. 7 at livenation.co.uk
    June 20 – Coventry, England – Ricoh Arena – on sale Dec. 7 at livenation.co.uk
    June 22- Nijmegen, Netherlands – Goffertpark – on sale Dec. 4 at ticketmaster.nl
    June 29 – Paris, France – Stade de France – on sale Dec. 5 at gdp.fr
    July 5 – Mönchengladbach, Germany – Borussia-Park – on sale Dec. 1 at eventim.de
    July 7 – Leipzig, Germany – Red Bull Arena – on sale Dec. 1 at eventim.de
    July 11 – Rome, Italy – Rock in Roma – on sale Dec. 10 at ticketone.it
    July 13 – Werchter, Belgium – Rock Werchter – on sale Dec. 1 at twclassic.be
    July 16 – Limerick, Ireland – Thomond Park – on sale Dec. 6 at ticketmaster.ie
    July 18 – Cork, Ireland – Páirc Uí Chaoimh – on sale Dec. 6 at ticketmaster.ie
    July 20 – Belfast, Northern Ireland – King’s Hall – on sale Dec. 6 at ticketmaster.ie

4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR

Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Spooks why don't you have 12/2 Titus Andronicus @ Webster Hall in your sig?

Spooks why don't you have 12/2 Titus Andronicus @ Webster Hall in your sig?
    Well I'm going to 7 shows in a row next week so I wanted to just relax on Sunday! But if you say they're the best rock set you've seen in years, I might have to go since it is their last show on their tour? I used to see them back in the day when they played VFW halls in NJ/Brooklyn. I thought they ripped off Desaparecidos pretty badly on their first record but enjoyed it. I haven't listened to them for over 3 years so I'm gonna have to check out their latest materials first. They're playing at Maxwell's tomorrow which is way smaller than Webster Hall but I'm already going to Dinosaur Jr "You're Living All Over Me" show w/ Kurt Vile, Johnny Marr, Kim Gordon, & Al Cisnero

ps Are they still playing songs off of The Airing of Grievances?

4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR

A few yes. BTW I will be at the Webster Hall show.

I used to never miss a Bruce Springsteen show but he has to shoulder some of the blame for any possible hardships I will face under the Affordable Care Act so I will probably have to skip the Anaheim show.
    "why are you so annoying" TheKlein25

I'm missing him for the 400th time tonight because I forgot to buy tickets...again. Plus it's pouring and it was a really long work week. I need to fucking see him sometime. Argh.
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    The Weeknd will probably play some secret show nobody knows about cause he is even more cryptic than I am.

Stream Bruce's worst album ever. Or don't. It's up to you.

Track 2 - I think that's Tom Morello in the background. Doesn't really jive.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    Stream Bruce's worst album ever. Or don't. It's up to you.
    Worse than Human Touch? Impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    Track 2 - I think that's Tom Morello in the background. Doesn't really jive.
    Are you saying Morello with Springsteen doesn't "jive" (jibe?) or are you saying the song doesn't swing or what.

You know what, it's been seven or eight years since I've listened to Human Touch. I'll report back.

But yeah, the new one is in stiff competition with it for the career nadir.

Ugh, Human Touch is an hour long. This may be rough going.

It does have one good song on it.

Are you saying Morello with Springsteen doesn't "jive" (jibe?) or are you saying the song doesn't swing or what.
    I actually liked the track but the wah-wah guitar in the background reminded me a bit too much of RATM. Then at the end he does some typical Morello-isms that seem further out of place.

Human Touch (the song) is great. Can't speak for the rest of the album.

Haha, just on cue, Steve Hyden weighs in on Bruce's career.

Here's my rankings:

1. Darkness on the Edge of Town
    2. Born to Run
    3. The River
    4. Nebraska
    5. Born in the USA
    6. Tunnel of Love
    7. Greetings From Asbury Park, N.J.
    8. Tracks
    9. The Promise
    10. The Wild, the Innocent & the E Street Shuffle
    11. The Rising
    12. Magic
    13. Lucky Town
    14. We Shall Overcome: The Seeger Sessions
    15. Wrecking Ball
    16. The Ghost of Tom Joad
    17. Devils & Dust
    18. Working on a Dream
    19. Human Touch or High Hopes
    20. Human Touch or High Hopes

You grievously underestimate TWTI&TESS.

Otherwise, your list is roughly appropriate.

"Real Man"

What is this shit?

ha, I don't even remember what that songs sounds like.

i do think "I Wish I Were Blind" is pretty good.

1. Darkness on the Edge of Town
    2. Born to Run
    3. The Wild, The Innocent, etc etc
    4. The River
    5. Nebraska
    6. Born in the USA
    7. Tracks
    8. Tunnel of Love
    9. Greetings from Asbury Park
    10. The Rising
    11. Lucky Town
    12. We Shall Overcome
    13. The Ghost of Tom Joad
    14-20. all the rest of them.

I should probably get around to listening to The Promise someday.

Did you pitch this idea Tom?

Bruce Springsteen

Coming soon: fans will be able to purchase special USB wristbands online and at tour venues, and use to redeem one live show download, starting with the January 26th concert in Cape Town.

Downloads will be available within approximately 48 hours of the show, and online orders will begin next week!
    https://www.facebook.com/brucespring...52139487460250

4/16 Carl Cox @ Output
    4/17 Loop @ LPR