Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 707

Thread: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

  1. #241

    Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

    My mom's doctor is this... 89 y/o dude who has no idea what's going on anymore. I'm gonna try to find her a new one. I figured that she may need either a different dosage or a different medication... sigh. In the morning, before her dose, her bp is like 140/98 sometimes! She's only 62 too... blarg.

    Thanks for the info!!! What specialty are you in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    What if your woman is one of those water-filled bag things with a hole in the middle that is designed to fall out of your hands when you try to pick it up?

  2. #242
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,671

    Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

    Does stress/flipped sleep schedule have the potential to cause rashes/hives to appear? I've been doing all nighter shoots and been breaking out randomly with the worst itchy hives in random areas of the body. Best solution for hives as opposed to scratching my skin off?

  3. #243
    Member dekelou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    190

    Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Does stress/flipped sleep schedule have the potential to cause rashes/hives to appear? I've been doing all nighter shoots and been breaking out randomly with the worst itchy hives in random areas of the body. Best solution for hives as opposed to scratching my skin off?
    I'm not a dermatologist, but stress can cause hives. Try starting with an over the counter antihistamine. If that doesn't do it, then I'd seek help from a derm or family physician.

  4. #244
    Member dekelou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    190

    Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

    Quote Originally Posted by herro kitty View Post
    My mom's doctor is this... 89 y/o dude who has no idea what's going on anymore. I'm gonna try to find her a new one. I figured that she may need either a different dosage or a different medication... sigh. In the morning, before her dose, her bp is like 140/98 sometimes! She's only 62 too... blarg.

    Thanks for the info!!! What specialty are you in?
    Sounds like it's time to find a new PCP. Yeah, that diastolic up to 98 is pretty high. As far as my specialty, I'm a surgeon. Good luck with your mom. Sounds like she definitely needs some change in her meds.
    Last edited by dekelou; 02-26-2012 at 02:07 PM.

  5. #245
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,671

    Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dekelou View Post
    I'm not a dermatologist, but stress can cause hives. Try starting with an over the counter antihistamine. If that doesn't do it, then I'd seek help from a derm or family physician.
    Glad to hear from a few folks it's stress and not some fucked up infection. Was doing a scene where I was on a bathroom floor and thought I picked up something nasty.

  6. #246
    Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    aquabania
    Posts
    17,171

    Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

    i woke up this morning with a weird mark on my upper middle back, just below my neck. it's a small circle; like the size of a hole punch. it was red and looked like a small open wound. i wasn't bleeding, but it was irritating to the touch. i've got a band-aid on it now. this happened somehow in my sleep. any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

  7. #247
    Member dekelou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    190

    Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i woke up this morning with a weird mark on my upper middle back, just below my neck. it's a small circle; like the size of a hole punch. it was red and looked like a small open wound. i wasn't bleeding, but it was irritating to the touch. i've got a band-aid on it now. this happened somehow in my sleep. any thoughts?
    Sounds like the right time for the generic "it's a spider bite" quote here, but the thought of which is terrifying to me since I am totally arachnophobic. Likely something bit you. Just keep some neosporin on it. If you were one of the lucky ones to buy the 55gal drum of lube from the nexttimeyoutrytolookhot thread, I suppose you could try a dab of that too.

  8. #248

    Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

    Show us a picture, Ivy!

    And I'm not sure if you know yet.... but I just passed the NCLEX last Wednesday! I am officially a registered nurse in California~~ Yay~~~ Happy days~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    What if your woman is one of those water-filled bag things with a hole in the middle that is designed to fall out of your hands when you try to pick it up?

  9. #249
    MENACING Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    15,947

    Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

    YAY BARB YAY BARB YAY

  10. #250
    Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    aquabania
    Posts
    17,171

    Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

    CONGRATULATIONS, BARB!!!!!!!!!!!!

    and let me be your first patient. i hope it's not a spider bite, but that would obvioiusly make the most sense. i'm keeping neosporin on it, just so strange!

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

  11. #251
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    20,781

    Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

    All I see is a fucked up nipple. Sorry.

  12. #252

    Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

    That is WEIRD... it looks like someone sucked a piece of you out with a straw and left some infected pus @_@ Is it itchy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    What if your woman is one of those water-filled bag things with a hole in the middle that is designed to fall out of your hands when you try to pick it up?

  13. #253
    Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    aquabania
    Posts
    17,171

    Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

    yes, it's itchy.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

  14. #254

    Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

    Imagine how big the insect must be... to puncture a hole that big...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    What if your woman is one of those water-filled bag things with a hole in the middle that is designed to fall out of your hands when you try to pick it up?

  15. #255
    Member dekelou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    190

    Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

    Quote Originally Posted by herro kitty View Post
    Imagine how big the insect must be... to puncture a hole that big...
    Thanks for the picture...looks alot like an insect bite, especially if you didn't have anything at all there beforehand.

    Some insects (like brown recluse spiders) have enzymes in their venom that cause severe damage to your skin (like it liquifies) and can leave you with an open wound like that.

    I'm not saying it was a brown recluse, but that is just a ridiculously horrifying thing to think about.

    I'd keep dressing it with the neosporin, and if it isn't getting better in a week or so I'd seek medical attn IRL.

  16. #256
    Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    aquabania
    Posts
    17,171

    Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

    cool, thanks for the advice. i live on the very edge of the city in the desert, so insects are not uncommon. it was just such a strange thing to wake up to. i thought i was itchy, then looked and saw this small, open wound!
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

  17. #257

    Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

    Maybe you should get a princess net bed thing Or is it called a mosquito net? But regardless, that would be pretty You could add flowers and stuff to it too, or something
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    What if your woman is one of those water-filled bag things with a hole in the middle that is designed to fall out of your hands when you try to pick it up?

  18. #258
    Member yardbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    146

    Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

    You got the herp...

  19. #259
    MENACING Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    15,947

    Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

    More herp:



    Or maybe not. It's on my leg and it's dry and red and itchy. Wtf?

  20. #260
    Wheels Of Cheese
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Drinking Milk
    Posts
    6,969

    Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

    It looks like a Candidiasis, similar to a yeast infection or thrush (but much less serious). Have you been drinking lots of alcohol or eating lots of sweets? I get it sometimes on my legs when I eat certain sugary sweets.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Yea I think a lot of men think they are bad ass, but a 12 year old with a AK can take me out I know ...... cr****

  21. #261
    old school zimmy1222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Santa Cruz
    Posts
    2,678

    Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

    Congrats Barb! Here's mine..

    So I have dermatitis/eczema on a couple places of my body (behind my ears, scalp, one palm) in which steroids don't actually get rid of it, they just make it dormant. i've been getting a recession underneath a few finger nails and toe nails between the skin and the nail. So basically, that line in which to never cross when you cut your nails isn't smooth and rounded; some parts of a nail look longer than others The doctor said it was dermatitis, same stuff as on my scalp, and not fungal. I could see it making sense because it basically looks like the skin cells are dead underneath the nail where they're supposed to be connected. However, one of the nails is kind of tender, and one my toes has recently started to lose a small amount of feeling on the end (which the doctor was unaware of bc it hadn't happened), and it's obviously not itchy under my nails. I still think it's fungal, but if it's not and it's just a skin condition, then what to do about the numb-y toe? Leeches???

  22. #262
    MENACING Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    15,947

    Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Still-ill View Post
    It looks like a Candidiasis, similar to a yeast infection or thrush (but much less serious). Have you been drinking lots of alcohol or eating lots of sweets? I get it sometimes on my legs when I eat certain sugary sweets.
    Hm interesting. I actually have only had one beer in the past three days. I had a pretty good breakfast this morning and dinner last night, but for lunch yesterday I DID have two cookies with my grilled chicken sandwich, so there's that.

    I was just assuming it was some sort of irritation to a topical stimulus -- maybe something rubbing against my leg from somewhere I sat yesterday or something -- I hadn't even considered what I had been putting INSIDE my body.

  23. #263
    MENACING Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    15,947

    Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy1222 View Post
    Congrats Barb! Here's mine..

    So I have dermatitis/eczema on a couple places of my body (behind my ears, scalp, one palm) in which steroids don't actually get rid of it, they just make it dormant. i've been getting a recession underneath a few finger nails and toe nails between the skin and the nail. So basically, that line in which to never cross when you cut your nails isn't smooth and rounded; some parts of a nail look longer than others The doctor said it was dermatitis, same stuff as on my scalp, and not fungal. I could see it making sense because it basically looks like the skin cells are dead underneath the nail where they're supposed to be connected. However, one of the nails is kind of tender, and one my toes has recently started to lose a small amount of feeling on the end (which the doctor was unaware of bc it hadn't happened), and it's obviously not itchy under my nails. I still think it's fungal, but if it's not and it's just a skin condition, then what to do about the numb-y toe? Leeches???
    Leeches are the answer for everything. Obvi.

  24. #264

    Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    More herp:



    Or maybe not. It's on my leg and it's dry and red and itchy. Wtf?
    That looks like dry patches of skin. Haha. Does putting lotion on it affect it at all? This doesn't look sketchy though... but I am not an expert =x

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy1222 View Post
    Congrats Barb! Here's mine..

    So I have dermatitis/eczema on a couple places of my body (behind my ears, scalp, one palm) in which steroids don't actually get rid of it, they just make it dormant. i've been getting a recession underneath a few finger nails and toe nails between the skin and the nail. So basically, that line in which to never cross when you cut your nails isn't smooth and rounded; some parts of a nail look longer than others The doctor said it was dermatitis, same stuff as on my scalp, and not fungal. I could see it making sense because it basically looks like the skin cells are dead underneath the nail where they're supposed to be connected. However, one of the nails is kind of tender, and one my toes has recently started to lose a small amount of feeling on the end (which the doctor was unaware of bc it hadn't happened), and it's obviously not itchy under my nails. I still think it's fungal, but if it's not and it's just a skin condition, then what to do about the numb-y toe? Leeches???
    Do you have athlete's foot?

    Questions for your numb-y toe,
    Do you have any pain in your feet? Like maybe nerve pain? Have you checked your blood sugar recently?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    What if your woman is one of those water-filled bag things with a hole in the middle that is designed to fall out of your hands when you try to pick it up?

  25. #265

    Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

    After 9 pages of this thread, I know now that I should go into dermatology.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    What if your woman is one of those water-filled bag things with a hole in the middle that is designed to fall out of your hands when you try to pick it up?

  26. #266
    old school ThatGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,911

    Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

    I get excema on my forearms every winter. Same spots every year. When I went to Vegas I had a strapless dress to wear, and i was constantly treating it so it wouldn't be so noticeable. Pain in the ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  27. #267
    Member dekelou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    190

    Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Leeches are the answer for everything. Obvi.
    I've actually had to use leeches a few times for my patients, they've saved several body parts due to injury (eg. nearly severed ear) or reconstructive surgery (eg. free flaps).

    Fun fact: keep them in the fridge so they remain dormant, and when you're done, drop 'em in some alcohol to kill them. Also, they are readily available through several distributors for delivery 24/7/365.


    BTW, I favor some topical exposure to your leg thing. Adhesive, detergent, or some unknown exposure are the likely sources. Candidiasis tends to have alot more redness in the surrounding skin. Or, you dipped into the wrong jar of vaseline again.

  28. #268
    Member dekelou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    190

    Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy1222 View Post
    Congrats Barb! Here's mine..

    So I have dermatitis/eczema on a couple places of my body (behind my ears, scalp, one palm) in which steroids don't actually get rid of it, they just make it dormant. i've been getting a recession underneath a few finger nails and toe nails between the skin and the nail. So basically, that line in which to never cross when you cut your nails isn't smooth and rounded; some parts of a nail look longer than others The doctor said it was dermatitis, same stuff as on my scalp, and not fungal. I could see it making sense because it basically looks like the skin cells are dead underneath the nail where they're supposed to be connected. However, one of the nails is kind of tender, and one my toes has recently started to lose a small amount of feeling on the end (which the doctor was unaware of bc it hadn't happened), and it's obviously not itchy under my nails. I still think it's fungal, but if it's not and it's just a skin condition, then what to do about the numb-y toe? Leeches???
    A hallmark of fungal infections in the nails is increased thickness of the nail itself, but that is over time, so if it just popped up it may not show that sign. In general, the chances that you have an extension of a current existing condition is more likely than developing a new, separate one.

    But that being said, a picture would be helpful.

  29. #269
    MENACING Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    15,947

    Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

    Quote Originally Posted by dekelou View Post
    I've actually had to use leeches a few times for my patients, they've saved several body parts due to injury (eg. nearly severed ear) or reconstructive surgery (eg. free flaps).

    Fun fact: keep them in the fridge so they remain dormant, and when you're done, drop 'em in some alcohol to kill them. Also, they are readily available through several distributors for delivery 24/7/365.
    Oh, I believe it. Leeches are amazing. When I was growing up, I used to visit my grandmother's farm in rural Vermont and spend long days at a nearby stream with a rock formation that served as a sort of natural waterslide. I would get SO MANY leeches stuck on my legs, and they totally fascinated me. Not even in a gross way -- just in awe of what peculiar little creatures they are.

    Quote Originally Posted by dekelou View Post
    BTW, I favor some topical exposure to your leg thing. Adhesive, detergent, or some unknown exposure are the likely sources. Candidiasis tends to have alot more redness in the surrounding skin. Or, you dipped into the wrong jar of vaseline again.
    Hahaaaaa. Damn that economy size jar of Vaseline. I knew that shopping at Costco was a bad idea.

  30. #270
    old school zimmy1222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Santa Cruz
    Posts
    2,678

    Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

    edit: barb, I answered no to every question you asked. should i ask a doc to test my blood sugar?

    Quote Originally Posted by dekelou View Post
    A hallmark of fungal infections in the nails is increased thickness of the nail itself, but that is over time, so if it just popped up it may not show that sign. In general, the chances that you have an extension of a current existing condition is more likely than developing a new, separate one.

    But that being said, a picture would be helpful.
    I wouldn't say popped...and yeah, they feel a little thicker I would say...

    tender thumb:


    the line that stretches across the right-center portion of the nail is an indentation, and the slightly discolored circle in the middle of the line is the source of the tenderness... the discoloring is pretty hard to see in this pic tho.

    numb-y toe


    I trimmed the nail past where i normally would to give you an indication of what's underneath it at the affected area. The white above the nail is the dead skin under the nail i was talking about before. The numbness is occurring up and to the right of the nail, on the right side of the tip basically.
    Last edited by zimmy1222; 03-04-2012 at 04:26 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Is Medical Marijuana Okay?
    By RODGERRAMJET in forum Questions
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 04-13-2010, 04:15 PM
  2. medical medication ok?
    By freshdirect in forum Questions
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 01-19-2010, 06:13 PM
  3. Show me your genitals.
    By rskapcat in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 11:50 AM
  4. COACHELLA RASH
    By sirgrimez in forum Questions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-10-2007, 05:57 PM
  5. Medical Question...
    By jenja in forum Questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 04:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •