Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

You're of Irish heritage, Court? How sexy~ Do you wear sunblock like crazy and hats and stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    What if your woman is one of those water-filled bag things with a hole in the middle that is designed to fall out of your hands when you try to pick it up?

Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

Quote Originally Posted by yardbird View Post
    Am I the only one who had to look up decolletage?
    No. It sounded like an art project to me.

Quote Originally Posted by herro kitty View Post
    Hey kory, I am taking my NCLEX next fucking Wednesday. I'm shitting my pants because I am forgetting everything. I'm trying to study.. but there's so much. I am pretty much fainting in fear. Sigh. I signed up for an online review thing from the NBCSN and have been doing questions on that... but I don't know if I'm ready. What do you think?
    I've been precepting a lot of RNA's lately that swear by Frye's 3300 Nursing Bullets for NCLEX prep. I've seen all the different books and classes offered lately and I'd endorse it. Instead of crazy ass multiple choice questions, it gives concise statements of fact concerning appropriate nursing practice. So in honor of such a functional and intelligent design for transferring knowledge I will respond to your concerns in bullet format.

• No matter how prepared you are, you will be nervous unless you are high for the test(I was high, not nervous at all)
    • Test preps are rarely a waste of time unless they are teaching lies.
    • If you managed to graduate from an accredited school, you have been exposed to all the correct answers.
    • It's not a performance evaluation, it's only a pass/fail situation. Don't try to "set the curve" just pass the damn thing"
    • Don't try to learn it all perfectly, learn the basics and trust your knowledge during the test
    • At this stage of the game, test taking skills and effective breathing will help more than any cramming
    • You will do fine, the computer will shut off after 75 questions because it will know you have made it your bitch!
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

Fuck. It's too late to buy it online. I'll try to find it at Borders or something.

I am just hoping to pass with 200 questions. We'll see. Meep.

And TOM! I'm just legitimately concerned about my future. I'm not a pussy
    What if your woman is one of those water-filled bag things with a hole in the middle that is designed to fall out of your hands when you try to pick it up?

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I finally had a cyst on my finger that I've had for over 3 years looked at. i was told it was a cyst. I did get a rec for a hand surgeon though, so I'll probably get a consultation soon just to get his opinion on it and see how much it costs to get removed.
    last.fm
    12/4/14 - Angel Olsen @ El Rey // 12/10/14 - Tune-Yards/Cibo Matto @ Wiltern

I will remove it for free by my new mail order scary skin growth removal service. You must however cover all shipping and handling. Either send me the affected body part and I will remove the unwanted section and ship it back to you, or ship the attached limb, and me to a neutral non Geneva convention participating country for the "body modification".
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

You're of Irish heritage, Court? How sexy~ Do you wear sunblock like crazy and hats and stuff?
    Ha, I have never been told that Irish heritage is sexy. Now, folks with Irish accents on the other hand...

And yeah, I'm all about the sunscreen. Hence being way pale despite living in Hawaii

Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    No. It sounded like an art project to me.
    Close enough. Decollatage/decoupage.

And just an update: I went in yesterday to the dermatologist and he shot up the area with stuff to numb it out, and then did a shave biopsy. My sample is getting sent to some lab on the mainland to get tested, so I'll know in 5-7 days whether it was basal cell carcinoma or just a wart. Which he told me is another possibility.

So now I have a hole in my chest that I am supposed to wash daily with mild soap, pat dry, and then lube up with a dollop of vaseline and cover with a bandage. Dude said that vaseline is better than first aid ointment -- who knew.

romanticizer

Good luck, Courtney!

I already have a ton of diagnosis, but if one comes up, I will post it here.

I have my patients use antibiotic ointment, but the key is keeping open wounds moist, not letting them dry out. I don't recommend vaseline mostly b/c I have no idea what else they've been using their gallon tub of lube for... As far as your biopsy, worse case scenario is an excision with a 1cm margin and closure. I'd highly recommend having a plastic surgeon do that one for that area. Or decolletage. Whatever.

What is everyone's best medical advice on making sure a tattoo heals properly? I got mine 6 days ago, and I used Aquaphor for the first 4 or 5 days, and unscented lotion for the other 2 days. It's barely scabbing up now and it's really itchy (I'm not scratching it, don't worry.) I've kept it clean this whole time, washing it every day when I take a shower.

Quote Originally Posted by dekelou View Post
    I have my patients use antibiotic ointment, but the key is keeping open wounds moist, not letting them dry out. I don't recommend vaseline mostly b/c I have no idea what else they've been using their gallon tub of lube for... As far as your biopsy, worse case scenario is an excision with a 1cm margin and closure. I'd highly recommend having a plastic surgeon do that one for that area. Or decolletage. Whatever.
    Thanks for the suggestion! I actually considered asking for a plastic surgeon for the biopsy, because it's such a visible area (well, at least for me, because I pretty much only wear clothing that shows off cleavage - ha). But I was feeling worried about it and just wanted it done right there and then. I expect it will scar a bit, but I hope the scar will fade in a year or two.

And oh man your vaseline comment made me laugh. Thankfully, I have one of those little mini tubs and previously have only used it when attempting to deep-super-moisturize my lips, so I think it's pretty safe. Although I did scrape off the top layer before putting anything on my wound, just in case.

Right now my only problem is that I find that the adhesive from the bandages is irritating the skin surrounding the wound. I've just been using standard Band-Aid brand large size bandaids, but I guess it's a pretty delicate area. I did some googling, and it seems like "Curad Sensitive Skin Bandages" might work, so I'll try to pick some of those up from the drug store today.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHotSgtPeppers View Post
    What is everyone's best medical advice on making sure a tattoo heals properly? I got mine 6 days ago, and I used Aquaphor for the first 4 or 5 days, and unscented lotion for the other 2 days. It's barely scabbing up now and it's really itchy (I'm not scratching it, don't worry.) I've kept it clean this whole time, washing it every day when I take a shower.
    I don't know a lot about tattoos because I have never had one, but from my understand that's pretty much exactly what you're supposed to be doing.

you're right on the money, RHSP

Courtney- the issue with the bandages is...wait for it...irritating, but experimenting with various brands may help. Alot of my patients with adhesive problems do best with gauze and paper tape.
    With your biopsy site, sunburning it will definitely make it worse, so keeping extra sun block on it for a long time (read: months) is a good idea. Just make sure to have some extra at the polo fields this year. If it ends up needing a full excision, the plastic surgeon thing is key, as god forbid it is something bad, removing it is still a medical necessity and is covered by insurance. Rather as well have the meticulous surgeon do it rather than your pcp or derm. If you are looking for a scar revision down the road, it's out of pocket for sure.
    Last edited by dekelou; 02-22-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

anyone happen to have experience with superior hypogastric plexus injections to block nerves that cause pain, such as endometriosis and interstitial cystitis? i'm getting one tomorrow and i'm scared as all fuck since i can't take the time off to be sedated.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

So it actually IS basal cell carcinoma. So glad I got it checked.

Skin conditions: Anyone an internet expert on them?

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Holy shit. How bad is that?

Ahhh, Ivy and Courtney... I wish I knew more for you two

Ivy, I'm guessing they will just use a local anesthetic for your shot, so hopefully it isn't too painful. If you have any questions at all, don't be afraid to ask about anything you're worried about!

Courtney, I'm glad you are in tune with your body and figured out that something was up. I am sending positive thoughts your way. I love you very much!!

Sorry to hear that, Courtney. Overall, basal cell is pretty easily handled/cured. Usually treatment is with a one centimeter margin around the edge of the tumor, and they should be able to put you back together pretty easily. There are some potential topical medications (read: creamy stuff) that are gaining popularity, but I'm not familiar with how effective or long lasting the results are. If it were up to me, a curved excision along your decolletage (along the circumference of your breast) should limit its noticeability in the long haul, and it should heal well without too much scarring. As long as the entire thing is removed you shouldn't have to worry about it ever again. I guess it's time to look for some plastic surgeons in your area. Don't fret- although it sucks that you have it, it's easily treated and the success rate is extremely high.

Oh hey. I tried looking on WebMD but it always leads to cancer, which im hoping its not. I have a very sensitive spot on my cheek bone (on my face), whenever i touch it, even barely, it hurts a lot. Please, save my life

-Patient #231
    FYF 08/23-08/24
    Chvrches 09/19
    Banks 10/16
    Digitalism 11/08

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Ahhh, Ivy and Courtney... I wish I knew more for you two

Ivy, I'm guessing they will just use a local anesthetic for your shot, so hopefully it isn't too painful. If you have any questions at all, don't be afraid to ask about anything you're worried about!

Courtney, I'm glad you are in tune with your body and figured out that something was up. I am sending positive thoughts your way. I love you very much!!
    local anesthetic. they do give you the option to be sedated, but i declined. i can't take any time off work.

and courtney, i'm so sorry to hear but glad you got it checked out. hopefully you can get this resolved quickly; but remember to take things one day at a time <3
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

I have to get my first colonoscopy next month. Any suggestions? Is it as bad as it sounds?

So no skin help, eh? Thank you.

SO glad you did too!
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Courtney, glad you got it early! You will be fine!

GPS, they aren't as bad now that they knock you out. Be glad it's not the early 90's where you were awake for the procedure.

Marooko, I have had excema all my life, it doesn't make me an expert though, just a bit scaley.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

R U A LIZARD

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    Skin conditions: Anyone an internet expert on them?
    something specific you had in mind?

Hey dekelou... I'm not very familiar with drugs so I was hoping I could get some advice.

My mom has high blood pressure is currently on verapamil 120mg daily. She takes it once a day, in the morning. But at night, around midnight to 2am, she gets really dizzy and has a big headache and when I check her blood pressure, it's back up to like 135/86... I have to admit that it's probably because I don't come home until 2am and she gets so worried that she tries to give her a heart attack until I get home. Sigh. But anyway, would it be ok to take another dose that evening to lower her bp? Or is there any way to help with the dizziness? I know uncontrolled HTN is the #1 cause of a stroke... and I don't want that to happen...

But I don't want to fucking come home early either, because she'll push and push and before I know it, I will be home and in bed by 9pm.

Hey dekelou... I'm not very familiar with drugs so I was hoping I could get some advice.

My mom has high blood pressure is currently on verapamil 120mg daily. She takes it once a day, in the morning. But at night, around midnight to 2am, she gets really dizzy and has a big headache and when I check her blood pressure, it's back up to like 135/86... I have to admit that it's probably because I don't come home until 2am and she gets so worried that she tries to give her a heart attack until I get home. Sigh. But anyway, would it be ok to take another dose that evening to lower her bp? Or is there any way to help with the dizziness? I know uncontrolled HTN is the #1 cause of a stroke... and I don't want that to happen...

BTW, love your name, it was the name of my fantasy football team this year.

It's not uncommon for blood pressure medications to be given twice a day for better overall control. Her symptoms could be the result of her BP, but 136/86 isn't that high where most people would become symptomatic like that, but that diastolic isn't really low either. Sounds like your mom should check with her PCP again, if she's getting some symptoms at night she would probably benefit from an additional dose or perhaps a different medication for her HTN. With the anxiety and stuff, I can definitely see that as a potential cause for her issues also.

And what are you doing out until 2AM anyways? Are you and those meddling kids out solving crimes again?!?