Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

I can't believe we're indulging this ridiculous charade. The whore has an obvious case of ear chlamydia. Plain and simple.

Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

Chlameardia
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Sounds like something somebody somewhere's a baron of.

Sounds like someone needs to be nominated for the board's smallest penis.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Just saw an ad for Hands Only CPR. Seems to be the cool new kind of CPR.

Is there any practical reason for Hands Only to be favoured over Mouth to Mouth, or are people just more likely to try performing it in an emergency?

And you do it to the rhythm of Stayin' Alive.

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post

Is there any practical reason for Hands Only to be favoured over Mouth to Mouth, or are people just more likely to try performing it in an emergency?
    Studies showed most people sucked at doing both effectively, so we changed it to just one thing to do at a time. The planned update for 2016 has the first responder just basically standing around until an ambulance arrives. That way everyone can do CPR and feel good about themselves.
    Wow, 12 step meetings at Coachella, who knew? SOBERCHELLA.COM

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case....

Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post

I think people weren't willing to go M2M on a stranger and chances are that they weren't carrying pocket breath masks thingys so the people in charge of these things decided to have first responders concentrate on getting the chest compressions in correctly...

I made all that up, but it sounds right
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    What if your woman is one of those water-filled bag things with a hole in the middle that is designed to fall out of your hands when you try to pick it up?

It made me curious, so I went looking, and y'all are both right.

People are more confident about charging in and doing something without the M2M element, and if they aren't trained to do rescue breaths effectively, they're just going to waste time they could be doing compressions.

Droppin nursie knowledge.

I didn't make mine up, I'm an instructor.

Why do I wake up with a lot of dried mucus (boogers) in my nose after a night of drinking beer, and specifically after a night of drinking shitty beer?

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by koryp View Post
    Droppin nursie knowledge.

I didn't make mine up, I'm an instructor.
    I figured, I was just curious about it. I had to do a bunch of combat first aid stuff when I was in the army reserve many moons ago, and there was an awful lot of emphasis put on the first breath. We had the benefit of RescusiAndy to learn how to do it right though I guess, whereas the ad campaign is just telling people.

The ad's brilliant, btw -

Beautiful vid, but my fear is "hard and fast" will result in people with chest that feel like you're breaking celery in a bag of jello during compressions.

Ha. That's a great video.

I took a first aid and CPR class at the Red Cross a year or two ago, and they did teach us to alternate chest compressions with mouth to mouth, Baywatch style.

Cosmetic advice or future ear problems?

My barber stuck his finger in my ear after a haircut last week and twisted his finger up and down laughing. I was like, what? He tells me that hair is starting to grow in my ears.

Question, is it OK to trim/shave or just leave it alone? If it's trimmed/shaved, will it grow back thicker?
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

This sounds like a question for The Gentlemen Thread.

Fb, trim it or look like an old man. your choice.

also, your barber's a dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I had some pork in my fridge that was on the edge of smelling a little funky. So I smothered it in sesame oil, soy sauce, fish sauce, garlic, chile and ginger and cooked it up with some choy sum, sliced rice cake and scallions.

It occured to me after finishing dinner that there's a reason the human body thinks old meat smells bad. Am I going to die?

We'll let you know in the morning...

Quote Originally Posted by koryp View Post
    Beautiful vid, but my fear is "hard and fast" will result in people with chest that feel like you're breaking celery in a bag of jello during compressions.
    It's not uncommon to break ribs when doing proper compressions.

I'd rather have a few broken ribs than be dead.

I don't really care about the patients one way or the other, it just grosses me out every time hear that squishy crunchy sound during a code.

You have to care a little.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    You have to care a little.
    not a job requirement

I can imagine you have to eventually be desensitized.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    I can imagine you have to eventually be desensitized.
    WINNER! See what you have to look forward to Barb. Good luck at your first position and congrats on joining our hallowed ranks. I'll be rooting for ya.

People who don't get desensitized do not last long in the field. I used to work with a girl who could remember the names of every patient that she had lost. She's been on stress leave for over a year now.

If anything, I would think that a little desensitization would work to your advantage. I mean, if you're dealing with a life-or-death situation, and you're too focused on the OH-SHIT-THIS-PERSON-IS-GOING-TO-CROAK-AND-IT-WILL-BE-MY-FAULT, you're not going to be too distracted and not giving the patient the best care.

Ribs will be cracked. That's why it's important to tell super old people about DNR... So they don't have to try to live with broken ribs at 95 after they come back from a cardiac arrest.

What do you do, koryp? Are you a nurse too??

Courtney, you have 7 days to live. It was nice knowing you :'(

I am a little worried because I am pretty sociable and like to make friends with everybody. I'm sure I'll get used to deaths soon enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    What if your woman is one of those water-filled bag things with a hole in the middle that is designed to fall out of your hands when you try to pick it up?

BSN with all that alphebet soup we get over the years. You will get used to deaths Barb. It's just part of the journey of life and can be just as beautiful as birth if prepared for and supported by those present. It can also be horrific and unfair, but 31 flavors and all. What kind of a setting are you starting out in?

I'm in at least 3 codes a week and ribs maybe get broken once a week around me. Its almost always the result of compressions done too rapidly on the downstroke(not a 50/50 stroke), done over the wrong location, or done too deeply. Still better than no compressions at all.