Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    In the past year, whenever I go to dinner with my parents, either in LA or when I visit them at home, I frequently wind up with some serious queasiness and end up vomiting.
    Dude, similar things happen to me. Say I eat a meal out (not overeat, but not snicky snacking) and I go somewhere like a show after where I have to stand for a while...I get these intense stomach pains and either get close to puking or puke. If I have one beer, the pain is even worse. It's gotten to the point where I refuse to eat before going out to a place where I know I will stand and I haven't been eating as much as I should. In NYC it was AWFUL and I puked a few times when I was there. (Walking + eating + walking more = very sad stomach.) What gives, Barb?

Also, related to puking...I recently got over a cold. I still have a lot of mucus that is affecting my gag reflex in weird ways. I can't brush my teeth without coughing/gagging and it has made me vomit a few times. It sometimes feels like I'm drowning in the mucus before the gagging starts. (Not always when I brush my teeth; can just happen when I'm driving to work, or whatever...)

I obviously have puking problems

Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

If you are full and start walking around/standing/exerting energy, your stomach could be getting cramped up and tense and that could be why you are vomiting. So you should rest at least half an hour to an hour after eating before you exercise/go to a show/walk around

For your mucus problem, have you tried taking expectorants like Robitussin? I guess the best thing to do is keep coughing and spitting out your phlegm
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    What if your woman is one of those water-filled bag things with a hole in the middle that is designed to fall out of your hands when you try to pick it up?

Quote Originally Posted by herro kitty View Post
    What is bad about sulfa based drugs? We didn't go into depth about a lot of medications...
    My apologies, sulfa and I have never really been good friends but I am allergic to a lot of other antibiotics so I'm forced to take it under many circumstances.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

I have a sulfa drug allergy, so maybe you're developing an allergy to it, too?

It's worth looking at; when they first figured out I couldn't take them, it was only after my legs locked up and I couldn't move them. So...yeah.

I am allergic to Sulfa, I took it once and my hands swelled up to the size of cartoon hands. I have also taken way too much Cipro throughout my life and I worry that it will eventually stop working and I will be SOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

i have an amoxocillin allergy, last time i took it my lips swelled up beyond jagger size.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Anyone know about those Painful tastebuds?
    Once in awhile I get what looks like an inflamed tastebud. Can't see it but it hurts. Then goes away.
    You wanna fook on me?!

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Anyone know about those Painful tastebuds?
    Once in awhile I get what looks like an inflamed tastebud. Can't see it but it hurts. Then goes away.
    The only things I can think of when dealing with a painful tongue that are not trauma related are anemia, some form of a vitamin deficiency, or diabetes. Otherwise you probably just keep experiencing trauma in your taste buds by eating something way too hot or way too acidic.

Do you by any chance grind your teeth a lot? That could be a cause as well but it's a slim chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

Nah. I'm healthy as a horse. Once in awhile they are like a cold sore and my do for says it's from stress. They hurt worse than anything tho. Really frustrating when you can't even see it and it's right near your tooth.
    You wanna fook on me?!

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

A friend of mine had an extremely terrible run in with Sulfa.

It's a long story but I'll boil it down quickly. In December 2010 she was put on a Sulfa-based antibiotic for a UTI. She started having strange symptoms like rashes, bruising, shortness of breath, etc. After a few weeks of conditions worsening she finally went to an internist and after a battery of tests it was discovered that she had a fairly mysterious auto-immune disease called aplastic anemia, in which the t-cells start attacking the rest of the body's own cells. It's not 100% clear what caused it, but AA is listed as an extremely rare side effect of sulfa allergy, so that's where everyone is pretty much putting the blame.

Anyway, the disease is completely fucking terrible, she needs a bone marrow transplant, goes through chemo-therapy for a while (which sucks), has the transplant in September - Transplant seemingly goes well, then 2 days later a vessel in her brain pops. She has fucking brain surgery, and after her body starts to recover from that she starts to have tons of tiny seizures and is diagnosed with Stage host vs. graft disease, in which her immune system attacks her own organs. She has now been in a medically-induced coma for over 8 weeks.

She is dating a very good friend of mine, and through him, my girlfriend and i became close with her. She's a fucking awesome person, and this year has been extremely hard.

Up until the coma, Katherine was keeping a blog journaling the trials and tribulations of this really crazy disease and gets into a lot of interesting information of how bone marrow transplants work. if anyone is interested in reading it, she meant to share it with everyone:
    http://aplasticanemiajournal.wordpress.com

This is a total fucking bummer, but the talk about sulfa brought it up in my mind, and it's something we've been currently dealing with. Her birthday was just 4 days ago.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Drinky, that is horrible, I can't even imagine. I hate medications. I try very hard not to have to take anything unless absolutely necessary because I fear side effects/weird drug interactions more than whatever it is that is causing me to have to take the meds in the first place.

Goat, are you talking about a canker sore? If so, switch mouthwash brands for a while, or start using mouthwash.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Wtf man. All from a UTi. That's why I'm all holistic. My mother almost lost her life from a double dose of antibiotics from the dentist. The mess killed off all her good bacteria in her colon/ lower intestine and she had to have half her lower intestines removed. She is in constant pain, disabled and pretty much fucked.

UTi, drink some cranberry and tough it out. Not worth taking antibiotics for colds and minor infections. Your body will become resistant to things good and bad. A good raw organic diet can help your body built antibodies and protect itself from things ranging from the common cold to cancer.
    You wanna fook on me?!

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Goat, are you talking about a canker sore? If so, switch mouthwash brands for a while, or start using mouthwash.
    I don't use mouthwash or any fluoride products. How about hydrogen peroxide and water? Or a sea salt rinse?
    You wanna fook on me?!

Just use mouthwash.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    UTi, drink some cranberry and tough it out. Not worth taking antibiotics for colds and minor infections. Your body will become resistant to things good and bad. A good raw organic diet can help your body built antibodies and protect itself from things ranging from the common cold to cancer.
    Ahhh if it were just that easy. Cranberry juice will help so you don't get a UTI, but once you get one cranberry juice won't kill the bacteria.

a UTI can be caused by a variety of many different bacteria too. UTI is just a catch-all name for a bunch of different infections. I had to put a cat down 2 years ago because of a really rare bacterial UTI that was resistant to just about every kind of antibiotic out there. It was fucking terrible.
    last.fm
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Yeah, don't fuck around with UTIs. If you get one get on antibiotics 'cause the bacteria can spread to your kidneys and seriously damage them.
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Scary shit. Do men get these UTIs too? How can I avoid?
    You wanna fook on me?!

Yes, men do get them. A coworker just had one.
    last.fm

Men don't get them as easily because it's a longer distance for the bacteria to travel from end of dick to urinary tract, but it can happen. Just don't stick anything in your pee hole and you should be fine.

If you get kidney stones, you're extremely likely to get a UTI as well. But yeah, definitely not nearly as common. i have known girls that get them like once or twice a year.

My friend Katherine's situation was an extremely fucked up luck of the draw that just escalated to nightmarish proportions.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    Just don't stick anything in your pee hole and you should be fine.
    uh oh.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Or if you do make sure you go pee right after, it can help clean out the hole.

I've had a UTI twice.

And as far as infections are concerned, you do not want to fuck around without antibiotics Goat. I know a guy who had secondary complications from a throat infection requiring a heart transplant (his immune system attacked it). Doctors prescribe antibiotics for very good reasons - its not just so you'll get better quickly.

Taking them for a cold though is fucking retarted. Germ theory: read a book.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Your stupid

Ugh when people take their leftover antibiotics for colds it makes me crazy. 1) You should never have leftovers because you always need to take the full course and 2) colds DON'T COME FROM BACTERIA, MORONS.
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

but Corrinna how are we going to breed superbacteria to destroy humankind if we don't do stuff like that? come on!

I admit, I get frequent UTI's and can't always afford to get into the doc so I have taken other peoples leftover antibiotics. I also occasionally shorten my dose if I catch it in time to get rid of it quickly in order to keep a few on hand for emergencies. I did just find a doctor though that was willing to prescribe me a refill for the next time around. It required a bit of whining but he finally gave in with the promise I would go back to a urologist once my insurance improves.

Don't do that! ALWAYS finish the antibiotic course, it lessens the amount of resistant bacteria you leave.

Yeah, just because you think you have gotten rid of something quickly does not mean that you did.

Also, there are different types of antibiotics for different types of bacteria. you should never use antibiotics that were prescribed to someone else.
    last.fm