Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

Most importantly, Corinna keeps a fold out divan in her purse at all times.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Default Re: Weird rash? Genitals leaking green fluid? Have some Illegitimate Medical Advice!!

I have a few different models depending on how I feel like accessorizing on any given day.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

When I went to the doctor last time the doctor didn't examine me. She came into the office asked why I was there, she barely even listened to me when I tried to explain my symptoms. All I said was I was sick for a month with the flu and now I can't get rid of my cough and I am coughing up brown/green shit. She says "bronchitis" and wrote me a script for amoxacillan and cough syrup with codeine. I also tried to tell her that I have really bad sinus pain, and my ears hurt but she just said "welcome to the rest of the world" and left. I finished my amoxacillan last Thursday and now my cough is back and I am pretty sure I have a sinus infection. I am so fucking pissed off. I want to call her and demand my money back.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    When I went to the doctor last time the doctor didn't examine me. She came into the office asked why I was there, she barely even listened to me when I tried to explain my symptoms. All I said was I was sick for a month with the flu and now I can't get rid of my cough and I am coughing up brown/green shit. She says "bronchitis" and wrote me a script for amoxacillan and cough syrup with codeine. I also tried to tell her that I have really bad sinus pain, and my ears hurt but she just said "welcome to the rest of the world" and left. I finished my amoxacillan last Thursday and now my cough is back and I am pretty sure I have a sinus infection. I am so fucking pissed off. I want to call her and demand my money back.
    Wow that's a terrible experience. What usually works for me for sinus stuff is antibiotics first for the infection, but treating the symptoms requires 1) sudafed (or some form of phenylephrine) to slow the mucus production 2) mucinex to loosen it up out of your chest and 3) cough medicine so you can sleep.

If you're in a cycle with this you may need a different antibiotic too.
    Hope you feel better soon.

Yeah wtf Audra that's horrible. Get a different doctor.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Just get zithromax, you'll be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Just get zithromax, you'll be fine.
    Nope.

Antibiotics No Help for Sinusitis
    By Kristina Fiore, Staff Writer, MedPage Today
    Published: February 14, 2012
    Reviewed by Robert Jasmer, MD; Associate Clinical Professor of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco and Dorothy Caputo, MA, RN, BC-ADM, CDE, Nurse Planner

Antibiotics won't chase away patients' sniffles any faster than watchful waiting, researchers found.

In a randomized trial, patients with acute rhinosinusitis had no differences in symptoms or quality of life three days after starting on amoxicillin compared with patients who received a placebo instead, Jay Piccirillo, MD, of Washington University in St. Louis, and colleagues reported in the Journal of the American Medical Association.

"It provides further evidence for what we've really suspected for a long time -- that in the management of patients with acute sinusitis, antibiotics do not convey any additional benefit," Piccirillo said in The JAMA Report.

Lee Green, MD, MPH, of the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, who wasn't involved in the study, said it's "no surprise that [amoxicillin] doesn't help. Sinusitis is almost always viral anyway."

That's because amoxicillan is pussy shit.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Coachella Junkie

I've had a frustrating cough for the past couple weeks. The rest of my body feels fine (with the occasional stuffy nose) but this cough is pissing me off. Any suggestions on how to get rid of this?

How about cough drops?

Audra, have you ever tried a neti pot? I'm totally in love with mine, and they only cost around $12 so it's not a very big investment even if it doesn't end up being something you find helpful. But for me personally, I find it to be tremendously effective in keeping my sinus passages clean and happy.

Neti pots are also really good. I get a yearly bout or two of both bronchitis and some sinus issue. Neti pots cut the time it takes to recover down by like half.

Effective. Affective would describe something that has an emotional component to it.

Yeah, I realized that after looking at "affective" once it had been written, and deleted my post. And now your post makes no sense. Sorry.

You're a selfish bitch.

No, I just aim to make you look as nonsensical as possible.

It will not work. I am known globally for my coherence and fine dick.

That's because amoxicillan is pussy shit.
    When antibiotics are indicated for treatment of sinusitis, amoxicillin used to be, but is no longer the first-line antibiotic.

What the fuck do I care? Look, asshole, somebody came in with a problem and I gave them the solution, the solution being one specific antibiotic. Not because I believe that antibiotics in general would cure her problem, but because that ONE antibiotic would cure her problem. Then you want to shift the conversation into talking about some other stupid and wildly inferior antibiotic that I cannot remember ever having cured fucking anything I was suffering from. Eat two dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by dekelou View Post
    Wow that's a terrible experience. What usually works for me for sinus stuff is antibiotics first for the infection, but treating the symptoms requires 1) sudafed (or some form of phenylephrine) to slow the mucus production 2) mucinex to loosen it up out of your chest and 3) cough medicine so you can sleep.

If you're in a cycle with this you may need a different antibiotic too.
    Hope you feel better soon.
    For sinus issues it's all about saline, saline, saline. Get the neilmed sinus rinse or a neti pot. I prefer the sinus rinse because no awkward head position is necessary. Make sure you use distilled or prviously boiled water, no need to introduce some amoebas into your brain. Also, a dose pack of steroids will work wonders on the inflammation. Take it fro me, a guy who has had surgery 2-3 times a year due to sinus issues, haha.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 03-10-2013 at 01:39 PM.

... why would we want to listen to a guy who has surgery 2-3 times a year? Whatever you're doing sucks.

I find it so weird when people say that. "Take it from me, my asshole is rotted out." Um, kay, I'm doing something else then.

What the fuck do I care? Look, asshole, somebody came in with a problem and I gave them the solution, the solution being one specific antibiotic. Not because I believe that antibiotics in general would cure her problem, but because that ONE antibiotic would cure her problem. Then you want to shift the conversation into talking about some other stupid and wildly inferior antibiotic that I cannot remember ever having cured fucking anything I was suffering from. Eat two dicks.

You gave them misinformation.

... why would we want to listen to a guy who has surgery 2-3 times a year? Whatever you're doing sucks.
    My issue is with the mucus that builds up, the consistency of it. A "healthy" person will not have those issues so it will work much better for them. Once I started the regimen the time between surgeries grew much greater. I also have some weird bone growth up there that blocks the passage opening

Another tip that my ENT recently mentioned is putting a drop of Johnson's baby shampoo into the sinus rinse bottle along with the salt mixture. It helps lubricate the passages.

My ENT once told me the shit up there is the consistency of cheesecake. Eat up.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 03-10-2013 at 01:40 PM.

I also get all the painkillers I want, there are upsides.

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post
    You gave them misinformation.
    You trust that doctors are actually reporting things accurately. That's cute.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    I also get all the painkillers I want, there are upsides.
    Yeah but you don't share, you selfish jerk. It's like you actually need them or something.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Seriously. For like three years now every fucking April Steve's all, "Hey man, see you at Coachella, I'll give you some dilaudid," and then GUESS WHAT? HE'S BUSY.

Orange County bullshit.

You trust that doctors are actually reporting things accurately. That's cute.
    Absolutely not; especially when a study touts this or that new drug as being "clinically superior" or, my favorite, "showing negative inferiority" to existing treatment.

But when a professional society, for example, otolaryngology, changes what they've been doing for eons (antibiotics for sinusitis) in lieu of a cheaper, less aggressive, safer strategy, (treat symptoms, no antibiotics unless prolonged illness) that doesn't benefit Big Pharma, I tend to sit up and pay attention.
    Last edited by santasutt; 03-10-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Treat symptoms. What a great strategy. Why, it's like they boiled the entirety of western medicine's failure down to just two words.